Sarah Palin Online Channel $9.95 Per Month

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:43 pm
Oh JOY for Sarah Palin fans.

Are you tired of the media filters? well Sarah Palin is tired of those darn filters and she's going to do something about it! She is going to be the star journalist of her own online channel.

Will you subscribe?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28539331
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 7,794 • Replies: 68

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:45 pm
@Debra Law,
No.

Hi, Debra.
I'll of course be skirtingly interested if her website pants out.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:55 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

No.

Hi, Debra.
I'll of course be skirtingly interested if her website pants out.

Well, with those darn media filters removed from her presentations, subscribers will get unfiltered Palin truthiness. This is so exciting! I can't wait to see if Palin fans will support her with monthly payments. Perhaps we can can all take guesses as to how long the online channel will survive. Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:13 pm
I kind of expect it to go down in flames, but on the other hand it is hard to misunderestimate the stupidity of a certain spectrum of the electorate.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I kind of expect it to go down in flames, but on the other hand it is hard to misunderestimate the stupidity of a certain spectrum of the electorate.

If the success of Faux News is any indication, there are an abundant number of people who fall into that spectrum. But, of course, Faux News is included in the price of basic cable. Would Faux News be successful if people had to pay a premium to watch it? I wonder how many monthly paying subscribers will be necessary to support Palin's online site.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:24 pm
@Debra Law,
It will be about as long as any of her other many failed career moves, less than two years.

Since she doesn't like information from any filtered news sources, i presume she will be doing live, on the spot reporting from the front lines of the conflict between Ukrane and Russia, best seen from her backyard where her view of Russia is unfiltered by geography.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:29 pm
Many new reality shows on cable are done strictly in the nude. Maybe she spotted the trend and is going to follow it.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:41 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

It will be about as long as any of her other many failed career moves, less than two years.

Since she doesn't like information from any filtered news sources, i presume she will be doing live, on the spot reporting from the front lines of the conflict between Ukrane and Russia, best seen from her backyard where her view of Russia is unfiltered by geography.

I think you're right Butrflynet. For instance, that governor job didn't last very long. She was quick to resign as soon as it became uncomfortable, you know, with the filtered media agents digging into some of her questionable conduct, (e.g., messy situation concerning her fired brother-in-law).

I think we could get a double dose of Palin with her hard-hitting news reports about the armed conflict while she's having a family picnic in her backyard.

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Many new reality shows on cable are done strictly in the nude. Maybe she spotted the trend and is going to follow it.

A nudity segment is a possibility. If nothing else, maybe she will walk around in an open robe or wear her stars and stripes bikini. Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360384/Sarah-Todd-Palins-silent-marriage-doctored-nude-photo-tanning-bed-skin.html
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 05:51 pm
@Debra Law,
I have no clue of likely subscriber signers, so no good guess.

I'll try to work up a poor guess.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:24 pm
@Debra Law,
I'd pay her to go away! Laughing
blatham

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:27 pm
Hi Deborah
I expect that for a time, at least, she'll do quite well. She has a huge following (see her Facebook page or view comments at NRO where her name comes up). Her audience will want to support her, will want to hear the "truth" of things, and will want to stick it to "the liberal media". It won't be difficult to keep production costs low as she's not going to be flying to Iraq or hiring a team of investigative reporters. One presumes that she may also be getting financing tossed her way courtesy of the usual suspects who fund this sort of endeavor (there aren't many right wing media entities that begin or continue without outside funding).

She's following a tradition here of right wing entities suckering folks and making a lot of money doing so (Beck made $90 million last year alone, Limbaugh slightly less, etc etc). The best reporting I've read on this is Rick Perlstein's The Long Con http://bit.ly/1tSvmGo
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 08:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
In a nation of 350,000,000, she only needs 1/2 of 1% to make millions.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 12:21 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I have no clue of likely subscriber signers, so no good guess.

I'll try to work up a poor guess.

$1,000,000.00 / $9.95 = 100,502.5 subscribers

Palin needs just over 100,000 subscribers to gross a million bucks every month. I suspect production costs will be low. Maybe Todd will hold the video camera and record her broadcasts.

I don't know if her fans will part with their money to subscribe, but perhaps a lot of comedians will pay to view the website. I suspect it would be a rich source of comedic material.
Debra Law

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 12:27 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
EqualityFLSTPete wrote:

I'd pay her to go away! Laughing

But she plays an important role in our society.

For presidential candidates, she serves as a cautionary tale, i.e., vet your potential running mates better than McCain vet his.

For the rest of us, we need to laugh. Laughter is good medicine.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 12:46 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Hi Deborah
I expect that for a time, at least, she'll do quite well. She has a huge following (see her Facebook page or view comments at NRO where her name comes up).

I had to look! Her facebook page has 4,299,170 likes. ROFL

Quote:
Her audience will want to support her, will want to hear the "truth" of things, and will want to stick it to "the liberal media".

Speaking of the "truth" of things, Sarah Palin posted the following on her facebook page: "I posted a new video to the top of my channel called 'The Truth About the War in Israel.' I look to two very unlikely sources for wisdom on what's really going on there...."

That is enticing! I'm almost tempted to subscribe just to learn the "truth" from unlikely sources of wisdom. Smile

Quote:
It won't be difficult to keep production costs low as she's not going to be flying to Iraq or hiring a team of investigative reporters. One presumes that she may also be getting financing tossed her way courtesy of the usual suspects who fund this sort of endeavor (there aren't many right wing media entities that begin or continue without outside funding).

I agree. Hiring investigative reporters would be a LIKELY source of wisdom; whereas she has promised us UNLIKELY sources. Smile

Quote:
She's following a tradition here of right wing entities suckering folks and making a lot of money doing so (Beck made $90 million last year alone, Limbaugh slightly less, etc etc). The best reporting I've read on this is Rick Perlstein's The Long Con http://bit.ly/1tSvmGo

Catering to the lowest common denominator! Those who have no common sense or low intelligence will never know they've been snookered! I need to figure out how to tap into that huge keg of drooling idiots for my own personal profit.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 12:50 am
Palin is a couple of years too late. She is disappearing off the national radar. Very few people will pay $120 a year to hear what she has to say. Very few will listen to what she has to say for free.
Debra Law

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 01:09 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Palin is a couple of years too late. She is disappearing off the national radar. Very few people will pay $120 a year to hear what she has to say. Very few will listen to what she has to say for free.

We'll see ... LOL
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 05:28 am
@Debra Law,
I wouldn't pay to subscribe to ANY politician's online channel. Good heavens, why would I want to pay to listen to their propaganda/lies?

I give it a few months before it bombs out.
blatham

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 05:56 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
[Palin] is disappearing of the national radar

That's been predicted for years now but it hasn't happened. Her profile is diminished since Roger Ailes (for reasons not entirely clear) dropped her as a regular presence on Fox But she shows up in some manner in the mainstream press pretty much every week and as I pointed out, she has an enormous and loyal fan base.

This self-monetizing scheme, as Rick Perlstein details, is the foundational structure of right wing media. She's following a successful model.

But that's not the only way in which it's a real mistake to imagine her some sort of oddity. She is a paradigmatic representative of a very old right wing version of "populism" that is marked by anti-intellectualism, rejection of science and empiricism, faith in the common man's superiority over the expert and educated "elites" ("common sense" falls off her tongue in nearly every speech or comment) and the over-arching sensibility that she and her followers are being regularly victimized. For a significant portion of the American population, it is precisely these features of Palin's person, ideology and rhetoric which establish her credibility.