During The American Revolutionary War, the state religion of Great Britain was Christianity?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 03:39 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
The King considered himself the Law itself, authorised by God.
What was the purpose of the parliament? Who annulled the old parliamentary sovereignty and when?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 03:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
More ignorance from Ori. When William III became king, he had to accept all sorts of limitations to his power. George I pretty much let parliament run the show.

Ori just makes this crap up as he goes along, still no facts, just a load of moronic hypothesising.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 04:55 am
Has our moron Izzy shamelessly sneaked in once again, I wonder?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 05:06 am
oristarA wrote:

I don't think this to be an intelligent and educated answer to my questions, but I have to accept it as it is.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 06:00 am
@oristarA,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
That 's not the question. Look again.
I asked whether u are DEFINING the Divine Will to be whatever the King wants?? (for instance: to win a war)

oristarA wrote:
My definiton about the Divine Will has been given in that reply:
Quote:
Yet why religious people, including these kings and queens are so devoted to worship of God? One of hypotheses is that there is perhaps a religious module in our brain which makes you feel being fondly loved, well protected, divinely guided, and in your dedicated worshipping, leads to spiritual orgasm that is much like sexual pleasure (see Saint Teresa of Avila).

The spiritual pleasure derived from God worshipping would have entrapped you in religion, whether you are common people, kings or queens.

oristarA wrote:

This spiritual pleasure is also much like that induced by narcotics,
in which a drug taker has the hallucination that he can have what he wants.
The God Delusion induced by religious dedication has the same effect.
Are u an atheist ?
oristarA

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 08:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
I asked whether u are DEFINING the Divine Will to be whatever the King wants?? (for instance: to win a war)

oristarA wrote:
Quote:
Yet why religious people, including these kings and queens are so devoted to worship of God? One of hypotheses is that there is perhaps a religious module in our brain which makes you feel being fondly loved, well protected, divinely guided, and in your dedicated worshipping, leads to spiritual orgasm that is much like sexual pleasure (see Saint Teresa of Avila).

The spiritual pleasure derived from God worshipping would have entrapped you in religion, whether you are common people, kings or queens.

oristarA wrote:

Are u an atheist ?

See Sam Harris, Dave.
Such question would be suspended for the time being.
oristarA

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 08:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

oristarA wrote:

I don't think this to be an intelligent and educated answer to my questions, but I have to accept it as it is.

Not to your questions. Is this an answer satisfactory for you?
For a moron like Izzy, proper rudeness serves as an extinguishant for his fiery madness.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 09:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

oristarA wrote:
The King considered himself the Law itself, authorised by God.
What was the purpose of the parliament? Who annulled the old parliamentary sovereignty and when?

The Parliament existed to monitor and exhort the King, whose ambition led him to consider himself the Law itself, to act under the Law. It is a check-and-balance mechanism for the politics in a monarchical state.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 09:09 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
The Parliament existed to monitor and exhort the King, whose ambition led him to consider himself the Law itself, to act under the Law. It is a check-and-balance mechanism for the politics in a monarchical state.
I'd thought that you referred earlier to the Parliament of England? Which country and what period do you mean now? To what " monarchical state" are you referring? (A Monarchy can be of various forms, so a generalisation is impossible.)
oristarA

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 09:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

oristarA wrote:
I'd thought that you referred earlier to the Parliament of England? Which country and what period do you mean now? To what " monarchical state" are you referring? (A Monarchy can be of various forms, so a generalisation is impossible.)

David and George have a clear mind to catch nuances, you do not, Walter Hinteler. Watch them and learn.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 09:32 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
David and George have a clear mind to catch nuances, you do not, Walter Hinteler. Watch them and learn.
Certainly I will. And I have to confess that I'm on an educational and intellectual low level compared to you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 11:47 am
@oristarA,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
I asked whether u are DEFINING the Divine Will
to be whatever the King wants?? (for instance: to win a war)

oristarA wrote:
Quote:

oristarA wrote:

Are u an atheist ?
oristarA wrote:
See Sam Harris, Dave.
Who the hell is Sam Harris ???

oristarA wrote:
1. Please indicate the reason for such suspension.

2. In contemplation of having answered YOUR questions,
reciprocity seems fair and in order.

David
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 12:57 am
@oristarA,
People are arguing whether the king was appointing his decisions with this imaginary ruling of god, when the founding fathers ran from this very predicament. I'm quite sure that is all the evidence one needs, lest he whose heart lives in fear over freedom denies thereof.
oristarA

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Who the hell is Sam Harris ???

oristarA wrote:
1. Please indicate the reason for such suspension.

2. In contemplation of having answered YOUR questions,
reciprocity seems fair and in order.

David

Sam Harris, American neuroscientist, a New York Times Best Seller writer, founder of Project Reason, who has answered the question that you're asking me, Dave.
oristarA

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:09 am
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

People are arguing whether the king was appointing his decisions with this imaginary ruling of god, when the founding fathers ran from this very predicament. I'm quite sure that is all the evidence one needs, lest he whose heart lives in fear over freedom denies thereof.

The King believed that God is real, not imaginary.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:18 am
@oristarA,
Sam Harris seems like a great man.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 01:18 am
@oristarA,
I said "imaginary" in my eyes, not the king's.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 08:06 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

oristarA wrote:
Yes still secular. Yet still guided by God, because the King believed that all his power was bestowed to him by God.

I suspect that the doctrine of the Divine Right of kings expired with the end of Charles Stuart. Charles II was installed by Parliament, after his dad was murdered by Cromwell. I doubt that Charles II alleged that he had been put into office by God.
When the Hanover Dynasty took over, it was a matter of inheriting real estate, not a theological event.

David

Though inheriting, the preparations for ascending to the throne are not simple. Kings or queens have to swear their devotion to God and pray for God's divine help: par for a state religion course.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 08:30 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
Though inheriting, the preparations for ascending to the throne are not simple. Kings or queens have to swear their devotion to God and pray for God's divine help: par for a state religion course.

"The King is dead. Long live the King." = a monarch accedes to the throne the moment their predecessor dies, not when they are crowned.
(All those e.g. English/British monarchs who weren't crowned at all, were still legal regents!)
oristarA

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 09:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

oristarA wrote:

"The King is dead. Long live the King." = a monarch accedes to the throne the moment their predecessor dies, not when they are crowned.
(All those e.g. English/British monarchs who weren't crowned at all, were still legal regents!)

A new monarch got to be introduced by a ceremony of coronation, in which they had to swear their loyalty to the Providence.