Eye contact?

chai2

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:05 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

err...unconciously and subconscious while you are awake, are the same thing.

err....no it's not.

You unconciously Do things.....you subconciously Think things.

Examples
UNAWARE ACTION: "Yesterday I UNCONSCIOUSLY locked the door (having to physically turn the key) when I ducked outside to my car for a moment. When I returned to the door thinking that it was open, I was shocked to realise that I had done this".

UNAWARE THOUGHT: "Yesterday I was baby sitting - playing with toys, kicking a ball around etc. When I sat down to write my essay, I realised that I was SUBCONSCIOUSLY thinking about what I should write, and as a result I finished the paper in 15 mins".

http://painintheenglish.com/case/527
vikorr

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:11 pm
@chai2,
Chai, both unconscious action, and subconscious thought, is a product of the subconscious mind...by definition.

In any event, start looking into the subject of the subconscious (by any phd's who study the field - there's plenty of books on it), and you will see that this is the case.

In many instances the words can be used interchangeably - the OP's use was one of those.

You still don't appear to have answered my question - Do you have an issue with my original reply? Or was your reply purely to say that you disagree'd with my use of the word subconscious in place of unconscious?
chai2

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:18 pm
@vikorr,
You typed the wrong word. You changed the word I specifically said and left it out of your quote of what I chose to say. If you're going to quote me, use the exact words I fully said and don't substitute your own preference.

Now you're crawdadding.

Deal with it.
vikorr

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:20 pm
@chai2,
Oh is that all. Glad you clarified that, though it seems to me, pointless.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 03:58 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

It is also rude to use other than user name on the site.

When did that happen...or did you just invent it?

Hi Frank. Long time no spar Smile

You choose to use your given name. Many do not. That is the privilege of having anonymous user names. David. Yes I am being rude. Learned my name a couple years back and delights in throwing it in once in a while. I am not an inventor.

Good to see ya, Intrepid. Has been a long time.

So many of us use real first names that we know, I just thought I would throw that line out atcha. I thought David was just kidding with you.

Intrepid

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
I have never found David to be a kidder Wink

Hope all is well with you. Avoiding eye contact
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 09:03 am
I agree with Chai's take as she stated in her first posts. I'm not following the tussle with her and vikorr (not enough coffee yet).

I just want to add another element that I feel is behind my and others take on constant staring, that it is rude and a kind of attack - The optic nerve goes to our brain, and someone else's eye training at length on our optic nerve system is a kind of battery. Of course, some training of your eye to the other person is less than battery, more like human connection, brain to brain, but constant and winning at constant? Aggression.
0 Replies