Okay...I will be the one who asks...

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:33 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

If you had actually read my post Frank, instead of scanning and basing your response on the few words you'd caught hold of, then you would realize that I have no objection to a thread such as this being formed. Fact is I appreciate them being created.

No, my point of disagreement was where and when you told members to have persons in their inner circle contact folks here and to have members here supply other members of this site with contact information. As near as one can tell, for no other purpose than to satisfy your curiosity. It was then that I made clear that this was not happening with me.

Another member or 2 (possibly more) made similar response to the words I had placed.

As per usual you opted to select just 1 person and launch your little sarcastic remarks commenting that if I disappear you won't question it. That was not what I had been objecting to.

Sadly, similar to another pompous asswipe, (who after I barely made it through a health scare advised me to: "hurry up and die"), you parade around like a genius, even dragging out 50 year old news references about you as a way to show your intellectual superiority, of which you clearly have none as you cannot even manage basic reading comprehension.

Lastly, I have at times asked about persons gone missing and have been concerned. I haven't though tried to get said member to give more information. If they choose to do so then that is their option
Not yours.

Thank you for sharing that, Sturgis.

Hemorrhoids bothering you today?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 10:24 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said about Spendius: I hope he is okay...and that he has set up a way of letting the rest of us know if anything happens to him.
I hope everyone does that!

I dunno where he is, but people vanish alll the time around internet-land mate for assorted reasons.
For examp a young chap vanished from the Mission4Today aviation forums and his parents got in touch to tell us he'd died of blood cancer, that shook us up bad I can tell you.
Same at the Flight Sim X forum, a middleaged guy vanished and his friend came on to tell us he'd died of a heart thing. But his posts are still "living on" all over the forum, it's a weird feeling..
Hey Frank what if you vanish? How will we know what happened?

PS- I'm PM'ing you my e-mail address in case I vanish, maybe my sister and the landlord will break down my door one day and find my skeleton slumped over the keyboard, and she'll be able to mail you back and tell you "the crazy old bastard's dead!", and you'll be able to pass it on to A2K to set them whooping and high-fiving..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/skelet-pc-1.jpg~original
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:02 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Interesting... Also, a nice thought. A2K wants to know if I die. I like it.

Can I have your sunglasses when that happens?

I've kinda had my eye on them for awhile now.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 01:58 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said about Spendius: I hope he is okay...and that he has set up a way of letting the rest of us know if anything happens to him.
I hope everyone does that!

I dunno where he is, but people vanish alll the time around internet-land mate for assorted reasons.
For examp a young chap vanished from the Mission4Today aviation forums and his parents got in touch to tell us he'd died of blood cancer, that shook us up bad I can tell you.
Same at the Flight Sim X forum, a middleaged guy vanished and his friend came on to tell us he'd died of a heart thing. But his posts are still "living on" all over the forum, it's a weird feeling..
Hey Frank what if you vanish? How will we know what happened?

PS- I'm PM'ing you my e-mail address in case I vanish, maybe my sister and the landlord will break down my door one day and find my skeleton slumped over the keyboard, and she'll be able to mail you back and tell you "the crazy old bastard's dead!", and you'll be able to pass it on to A2K to set them whooping and high-fiving..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/skelet-pc-1.jpg~original

Got it, Romeo. Thanks.

IF I am notified that you have died...I will let everyone else here know. And I will drink a toast to your memory...probably with gin. And maybe do a cigar, also.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 01:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
And maybe even a round of golf.

What the hell...anything to honor a memory.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:32 pm
Still no word from Spendius.

Damn...I wish he would post something so we know he is...still with us.
Germlat

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I sent him a p.m. ...nothing...I hope he's still somewhere.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 01:31 pm
I have a bad feeling about this . . .
firefly

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 04:48 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I have a bad feeling about it too.

spendius last posted on July 8th. I sent him a PM on July 20th and received no reply.

I'm very concerned about him, but I guess all we can do is wait and see if he returns.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 05:09 pm
Thanks everyone. I PM's him also....but no reply.

I hope this is a short hiatus rather than something more serious.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 06:52 pm
Me too!
Spendius is a creature of habit - every day he's been here until a certain time when he goes to the pub. Come rain or shine, he goes to that darn pub. He also was here day in and day out, holidays, you name it - Spendius didn't miss a day writing here since 2004.

It suffices to say that something is terribly wrong and he wouldn't just quit on his own. Either he was tossed out from a2k - which I doubt - or something happened to him.

The big question now is: who is going to that darn pub and looks for him?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 08:02 pm
@CalamityJane,
He hasn't told us where it was, or did he? I doubt it, he did like his privacy.
Maybe we could set up a pub search adventure. Kidding, naturally.

I've a slight inkling that he said something about his health not all so long ago - just a few words. I'll try to chase it down but not until tomorrow.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 08:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
I didn't see this thread until today . Thanks Frank.

WHAT CAN IS AY ABOUT SPENDI?

An annoying old contrarian who, you damn well know, had his tongue in his cheek and never too firmly attached to anything, with the exception that we owe everything we are to Christian civilization.

I hope, wherever he is, he is independent and not a drag on anyone else. Ithink hed hate that.
SO, for spendi, I think being dead would be waay cooler than being dependent on someone else to wipe ones ass.

From a long time PM conversation I hd with him, I knew he was taking anticoagulant pills for some reason. (Usually a coagas aren't given out for trivial reasons)

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 10:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I didn't see this thread until today . Thanks Frank.

WHAT CAN IS AY ABOUT SPENDI?

An annoying old contrarian who, you damn well know, had his tongue in his cheek and never too firmly attached to anything, with the exception that we owe everything we are to Christian civilization.

I hope, wherever he is, he is independent and not a drag on anyone else. Ithink hed hate that.
SO, for spendi, I think being dead would be waay cooler than being dependent on someone else to wipe ones ass.

From a long time PM conversation I hd with him, I knew he was taking anticoagulant pills for some reason. (Usually a coagas aren't given out for trivial reasons)

Yes to everything here, FM.

I miss him...and if it is a permanent absence on his part, I hope it is the grim reaper rather than a truly debilitating stoke.

I also am on anti-coagulants because of stroke threat. If I'm ever missing...you guys will know why, because Nancy would call Joe Nation or Thomas. But if I'm gone, I hope it will be because I am truly GONE...not because of stroke.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 06:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeh, I mis im too. Some of these clowns we have on the bord today could hve learned some class about arguing from spendi.

I always liked the way he could passionately argue a point and then, just like a whip snap, hed mount another POV almost in mid sentence.
But he often did it with such aplomb, that some of the posters wouldn't know that he changed his position by a quick 180. He reminded me of one of my elementary calc teachers "Father McGeary" .
0 Replies