It's Disheartening

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 10:08 am
Another musician I worked with back in the day, younger than me, has died. I don't know if he still did drugs but I know he still drank a lot. I'm sad. He was REALLY talented and a cool guy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,609 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 12:07 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Another musician I worked with back in the day, younger than me, has died. I don't know if he still did drugs but I know he still drank a lot. I'm sad. He was REALLY talented and a cool guy.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Bear.

Keep his music and spirit alive in your thoughts.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 01:50 pm
turns out cancer took him.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 01:53 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Most of us understand your sadness in losing somebody you admired. As we age, we see more of our favorite actors and musicians pass away. It's a constant reminder of our own mortality.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 10:15 pm
the older I get the younger it seems people die
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 03:58 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Also, the older we get, we see older people as those who are much older than 'us.' Our minds plays games with us throughout our whole lives. Oh, heck, 85 isn't that old!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 04:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This morning I watched a news item about a 99 year old man, shooting his daily round of golf. Some of us take our time about aging and others are not lucky at all.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 06:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah..lately, seemingly a slew have popped on the news...Johnny Winter (rock guitarist) Tommy Ramone, 62 yrs (of The Ramones) and assorted other famous actors and musicians...Yet Keith Richard lives on... yet just looks like he died..twice.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 06:13 pm
I think we all have Ali G's attitude when he told a biologist in a spoof interview- "I ain't gonna die", because he thought it only happened to other people
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 12:44 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Yet Keith Richard lives on... yet just looks like he died..twice.

loved this!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 11:55 am
A friend of mine told me yesterday, "You have that Keith Richards thing going on. If something kills you, the rest of us are screwed". I've been very lucky to defeat death on more than once occasion. I consider myself living proof that if there is a personal God, he keeps some of us around to f**k with for fun. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 01:30 pm
I see Brett Maverick's just died (sniffle).
I can remember getting home from wretched school every day to be transported into the exciting magical world of the wild west with TV shows like Maverick, Bronco, Rawhide, Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, Wagon Train etc..Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 01:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Those were more innocent times when we knew who the good guys and bad guys were. Now, we don't know whose who.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:29 am
Stand by your glasses steady, and drink to your comrades eyes. Here's a toast to the dead already, and hurrah for the next to die
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Bump
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 10:13 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
One of the worst bits of ageing is knowing you're going to lose so many people you care about. Or, they'll lose you!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 07:45 am
I'm especially disheartened about loss ,since I'm going to live forever
0 Replies