This boy I like but don't know what to do

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:09 am
I really like this guy on the bus I catch. He catches the same bus as me on a morning and afternoon. The problem is, I don't know what to do and what to say to him. Also I don't know whether he is gay or not, and how old he is, so It might be a bit embarrassing if he's straight. What shall I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 488 • Replies: 6
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 01:25 pm
@lonerguy,
You cannot like someone you do not know, and from the way your post reads, you don't know this guy. You are simply physically attracted to this stranger on the bus with you. So why not strike up a conversation with him and get to know him. This might give you an idea as to whether or not he is gay.
jespah

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 03:24 pm
Yep. Just say, "Hi, my name is ___. I see you on the bus all the time. Are you heading downtown? Do you know where there's a good ___?" What do you fill into the second blank? Whatever you want. Chinese restaurant, shoe repair, barber, etc.

It's a perfectly legitimate question and it can get you talking a little. Some people don't want to talk at all, and will just turn up their music and ignore you. Others might be friendly but they'll just give out information and that'll be it. Others will respond with their name and will start chatting with you. Anyone in either of the second two camps is certainly someone you can wave to at a later date, or even sit with if you're so inclined.

And you can ask other questions. If they're holding packages, what did they buy? If they're wearing an interesting bit of jewelry or the like, where did they get it? You'll know when you're being nosy so of course try not to cross that line. But someone you only see on the bus is a person you cannot immediately have intimate conversations with.
lonerguy

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 03:41 pm
@CoastalRat,
Your completely right. I will try to get the guts to talk to him next time I see him. Thanks for the advice. Very Happy
0 Replies

lonerguy

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 03:52 pm
@jespah,
Great answer. And you would obviously have a far better way with words than me. Sounds like your far more knowledgeable about this all. haha. Thank you very much. He looks like a friendly guy, but you don't know until you talk to them I suppose. You don't want to come across as disturbing and be respectful. In those situations it is possible to unknowingly become intolerable towards them. Thank you. Very Happy
jespah

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 05:09 pm
@lonerguy,
Well, sure, but all you're asking initially is where there's a good shoe repair place. Smile Good luck!!
lonerguy

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 02:01 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I didn't have the guts. I failed. I feel awful. I didn't approach him. He was there, but now I might never see him ever again unless he's going there after the six weeks. Best looking guy I have ever seen as well. Not just saying that. It's that one time where you think, there won't ever be anyone as good looking as them again. Sad
0 Replies