Malaysia Airlines jet crashes in Ukraine

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Yup, they're not involved. Just that the missile came from Russia, and the people who trained them had to be Russian. Yup, no involvement.
the missile may have been captured from Ukraine, and those who fired it were very likely Ukrainian.

Show me facts.

EDIT: The palestinians of Gaza are currently being killed with American made weapons....using your logic this is our fault, correct?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 07:45 pm
Cuba hosted Putin recently. Russia has begun to re-establish financial support to Cuba, and has increased Russian presence on the island. Maybe the embargo should have been reconsidered, I don't know and I don't have access to the information to make such a desicision. But, I'm not comfortable with increased Russian-Cuban cooperation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:02 pm
@glitterbag,
With the US embargo on Cuba, it only hurts the people of Cuba and not the leadership. Cuba is a poor country, and they'll accept any country who wants to provide support for them. What would you do in similar circumstances?

Don't you find it ironic that the US trades with Russia and China but not Cuba? We sell to Cuba, but imports are not allowed. What's fair about that?

Imports from Russia and China are both huge deficit trading partners.

JTT

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Better check under your bed for commies, gbag.

God you are a doofus.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's ironic all right, and I don't know why Congress has not been able to even discuss this since 1963. But that's an entirely different topic than blasting a civilian airliner out of the sky over Ukraine territory. It gives me that sick feeling I had when the airliner exploded over Lockerbie, Scotland.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Talk about confusing news reports, this is a direct contradiction of the earlier report that said "Russia not involved."

Then this,
Quote:
“We don’t know who, like, pulled the trigger,” the official said. “We don’t know that a Russian was operating the system. However, that in no way precludes Russian involvement in the sense that they are the most likely source for this system.”

“We assign responsibility generally to Russia for how the separatists are armed and trained,” the official said. “What we have is a kind of picture of evidence that says the Russians have been providing these arms, these types of systems, and the Russians have been providing training — and that adds up to a picture that implicates Russia,” but “we’re going to be careful about saying who did it if we don’t know for certain.”

“We don’t know who literally was operating the system that day,” the official said. “That’s the hardest thing to determine.”

Talk about mixed messages, it sounds like they've covered not and maybe.

What's next? Russia armed them and trained them, but "we don't know?"

Give a kid a gun who shoots another kid, then deny any involvement. Politics as usual.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:46 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Better check under your bed for commies, gbag.

God you are a doofus.

Ouch, I didn't know anyone still used 'doofus'. Let me guess, you're the one your mother thought was smart?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:50 pm
@glitterbag,
JTT is a mental case. He blames all the curse of this world on the US and all Americans. He belongs in a mental institution.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 08:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's kind of sad, but this is probably the only place he has a voice. So he uses his voice, he knows one tune, does that poorly, and still nobody really gives a crap.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 09:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Trolls eventually go away when they don't get any recognition. Mentally sick trolls don't know when to quit.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 09:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah, it must be an empty way to live, don't you think?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 10:27 pm
@glitterbag,
Very empty. They have only one social base in which to "talk" to people, and that's on an internet forum like a2k. Person to person is probably too scary or people just ignore him.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:31 am

News reports are saying that the Ukrainian rebels have begun downing fighter jets again, and they seem to have very little difficulty doing it.

The only explanation that I can think of is that they are still in possession of these advanced Russian missile systems.

But perhaps now they'll stop and check what they are shooting at before they pull the trigger.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:31 am

A MD-83 with 116 people aboard just vanished from radar over Africa.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:12 am
@oralloy,
Actually it vanished a couple of hours ago, at 01:55 GMT. (If you are referring to the plane flying for Air Algerie).
But even if it is a new plane: it's quite impossible that it was shot from Ukraine.

The Swiftair MD83 had to "make a detour because of poor visibility and to prevent the risk of collision with another aircraft on the Algiers-Bamako route".
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:05 pm
(Reuters) - Vladimir Putin has no soul, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden concluded after meeting with the Russian leader at the Kremlin in 2011, according to an article in the New Yorker published online on Monday.

Biden told the magazine about his 2011 visit with Putin, who at the time was prime minister, and said he found himself just inches away from the Russian leader.

"I said, 'Mr. Prime Minister, I'm looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul,'" Biden told the magazine. "He looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, 'We understand one another.'"

A Reuters story
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The latest news on Russian supplies and shootings.
Quote:
U.S.: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine military
Associated Press
1 hour ago
Ratcheting sanctions from the United States and a sinking oil price were putting immense pressure on the Russian economy, but since the jet’s loss, oil has strongly rallied and Europe again seems cowed in their approach to a pro-western Ukrainian government. If Putin did not give a direct order for the missile’s launch, he was far less than unhappy at the results, Dicker says.

The Obama administration on Thursday accused Russia of firing artillery from its territory into Ukraine to hit Ukrainian military sites and asserted that Moscow is boosting its supply of weaponry to pro-Russian separatists.

"We have new evidence that the Russians intend to deliver heavier and more powerful multiple rocket launchers to separatist forces in Ukraine and have evidence that Russia is firing artillery from within Russian to attack Ukrainian military positions," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters. She said the evidence derived from "some intelligence information" but declined to elaborate, saying it would compromise sources and methods of intelligence collection.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
tate Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters. She said the evidence derived from "some intelligence information" but declined to elaborate, saying it would compromise sources and methods of intelligence collection.

Right after telling us what liars they all are, you just keep printing it, reading it and swallowing it, CI.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:29 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The Swiftair MD83 had to "make a detour because of poor visibility and to prevent the risk of collision with another aircraft on the Algiers-Bamako route".

You know, I think that might be the same family of airplanes as the one that almost claimed my dad.
katsung47

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:11 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
TEN QUESTIONS FOR THE UKRAINIAN AUTHORITIES
Published time: July 18, 2014 20:59

Some Western states and Kiev rushed to find Russian involvement in the MH17 crash having no evidence to back their claims, Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister told RT. He invited Ukraine to answer 10 questions to prove their commitment to an impartial probe.

6. Why did Ukrainian air traffic controllers allow the plane to deviate from the regular route to the north, towards “the anti-terrorist operation zone”?

......./