Biblical Tongues

neologist

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 08:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I've got enough ordinary boring atheists on my Losers List, but because you claim to be a Christian Jehovah's Witness, I can always find room on it for religious cultists!
Then when people around internet-land ask me- "Hey, what do JW's think of you?", I can simply wheel out your slanderous comments about me and make them ROFL..Smile

"Romeo, in his ignorance.."- (Neologist 21 Sep 013
"I am still trying to determine whether or not your intent is malicious" (Neologist to me, 22 Sep 013)
"Romeo Fable Spinner" (Neologist 24 Sep 013)
"..your drivel" (Neologist 24 Sep 013)
"..your desire to deceive" (Neologist 11Nov 2013)
"You are most certainly a racist, Romeo (Neologist 7 Feb 2014)
"I don't believe you always lie, Romeo; only when it suits you" (Neologist 19 Feb 2014)
Heh heh
Romeo! What makes you think my fellow JWs would be so kind?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 10:37 am
Quote:
Neologist said: Heh heh Romeo! What makes you think my fellow JWs would be so kind?

Well get Carole and Zandar and your other JW mates to come in here and let's hear what they have to say..Smile

At the moment you alone are the JW's representative and "front man" in A2K and we assume that you're speaking for ALL JW's.
So far you've broken every rule in the book about false witness , slander and judging, nice going..Smile

"Thou shalt not bear false witness" (Matt 19:18 )
"Whoever spreads slander is a fool" (Proverbs 10:18 )
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged." (Luke 6:37)
neologist

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 12:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
At the moment you alone are the JW's representative and "front man" in A2K and we assume that you're speaking for ALL JW's
I've said a number of times that I am not an official representative. I suppose you missed all that
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

So far you've broken every rule in the book about false witness , slander and judging, nice going..Smile

"Thou shalt not bear false witness" (Matt 19:18 )
"Whoever spreads slander is a fool" (Proverbs 10:18 )
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged." (Luke 6:37)

Well, I did not lie about your exegeses.
My judgement of your mistaken assertions is correct, so I'm safe there, too.

You are unable to see there are 2 groups
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 12:43 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to me: I've said a number of times that I am not an official [JW] representative...

But mate, JW's are forbidden from having personal opinions, so we have to assume your slanderous views are representative of all other JW's, otherwise that makes them a divided, fragmented organisation!-
WIKI- "Witnesses are discouraged from formulating doctrines and "private ideas" and "must not advocate or insist on personal opinions"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 12:53 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to me: My judgement of your mistaken assertions is correct

But mate, you've admitted to being wrong about things in the past, so how do you KNOW you're not wrong about me too?..Wink

"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"I can say truly that JWs are most certainly not perfect" (Neologist 18 Aug 2006)
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)

PS- for example you call me "racist", yet your own JW beliefs state-
"..the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other.....the greater aptitude and intelligence of the Caucasian" (JW Watchtower magazine)
http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-racist-history-of-watchtower-literature
neologist

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
But mate, JW's are forbidden from having personal opinions. . .
Unlike you, I claim no protection from human error.
BTW, you continue to accuse me of slanderous views without proof while simultaneously slandering God as malicious and cruel, condemning imperfect sinners to infinite torture for their finite sins.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 01:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
PS- for example you call me "racist", yet your own JW beliefs state-
"..the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other.....the greater aptitude and intelligence of the Caucasian" (JW Watchtower magazine)
http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-racist-history-of-watchtower-literature
Funny you should quote sources from over a century ago, when the Bible Students, as they were then known, also celebrated christmas. You love to bring up the christmas issue, but refrain from observing our abandonment of racial misconceptions.

You are, indeed, a fine piece of work, Romeo.

0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2014 10:34 pm
@Setanta,
I think that's called chocolate lips.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:43 am
Quote:
Neologist said to me: Unlike you, I claim no protection from human error.
BTW, you continue to accuse me of slanderous views without proof while simultaneously slandering God as malicious and cruel, condemning imperfect sinners to infinite torture for their finite sins.
Funny you should quote sources from over a century ago, when the Bible Students, as they were then known, also celebrated christmas. You love to bring up the christmas issue, but refrain from observing our abandonment of racial misconceptions.

1- I regularly quote from the Bible to back myself up, so I'm never "in error".
2- Here's your slander and false witness- "Romeo is ignorant, malicious, fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist ,a liar, self-deluded"
3- Frank Apisa is the one who says God is a monster. I think God is fair and just.
4- You JW's are a flip-flopping cult, one minute you're all for christmas trees and crosses, and the next minute you're banning them, and same with the blacks issue, one minute the JW's are saying they're inferior to the white race, and the next minute you're saying they're not!
Make up your minds huh?..Wink
neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:15 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
What should happen when a religious institution discovers one of their practices or beliefs is unscriptural?
For that matter, what should happen when a 'holy man' discovers one of his beliefs misses the mark?

Frank understands that a loving God could never bring such pain and misery on humans he created in love. He doesn't fully understand the Bible, so I cut him some slack. You do not understand that a loving God could never bring the pain and misery cited by Frank. And, to make it worse, you add the additional slander that God would assign infinite torture to humans he created in love.

So, you are a fine piece of work, Romeo.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 11:34 am
Quote:
Neologist said to me: You do not understand that a loving God could never bring the pain and misery cited by Frank. And, to make it worse, you add the additional slander that God would assign infinite torture to humans he created in love.

(Yawn) argue it out with Jesus when you meet him mate..Wink

Jesus said:- “God will say to those on his left, ‘Get away from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matt 25:41)
"everlasting fire" Matt 18:8, 25:41
"eternal damnation" Mark 3:29
"hell fire" Matt 5:22, 18:9, Mark 9:47
"damnation of hell" Matt 23:33
"furnace of fire" Matt 13:42, 50
"the fire that never shall be quenched" Mark 9:43, 45
"the fire is not quenched" Mark 9:44, 46, 48
"Where their worm dieth not" Mark 9:44, 46, 48
"wailing and gnashing of teeth" Matt 13:42, 50
"tormented in this flame" Luke 16:24
"place of torment" Luke 16:28

They rejected God and Jesus so that makes them-
"dogs, pigs. " (Matt 7:6)
"weeds" (Matt 13:38 )
"brute beasts," (2 Peter 2:12)
"heathens" (Jer 10:2)
"fools" (Psa 94:8 )
"liars" (1 John 2:22/23)
"defiled" (Titus 1:15)
"filthy" (Rev 22:11)

I warned you before, God's not some wimpy social worker, LIVE WITH IT!..Smile
"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot,....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Heb 10:29-31)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/fury.gif
neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
BTW, I am not the one who reflexively thumbs down your posts. I have never thumbed any except for the <1% I thumb up.

But, apparently you do not think death without possibility of resurrection is consequence enough
Quote:
. . .the wages of sin are death .. . (Romans 6:23)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:48 pm
Quote:
Neologist said to me: BTW, I am not the one who reflexively thumbs down your posts. I have never thumbed any except for the <1% I thumb up.
But, apparently you do not think death without possibility of resurrection is consequence enough
Quote:. . .the wages of sin are death .. . (Romans 6:23)

I never notice if i've upset somebody who thumbs me down but thanks for telling me, its put a smile on my face because- "If you can't annoy somebody there's little point in writing"- Sir Kingsley Amis..Smile

As for resurrection, Jesus is quite clear that when we die, it's END GAME with no second chances.
We can just imagine Satan chuckling and conning people by saying "Go on being a rotter all your life, God will give you a chance to repent and say "sorry" after you die, you can trust me, would I lie?"
neologist

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 01:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Quote:
Neologist said to me: BTW, I am not the one who reflexively thumbs down your posts. I have never thumbed any except for the <1% I thumb up.
Quote:. . .the wages of sin are death .. . (Romans 6:23)

I never notice if i've upset somebody who thumbs me down but thanks for telling me, its put a smile on my face because- "If you can't annoy somebody there's little point in writing"- Sir Kingsley Amis..Smile

As for resurrection, Jesus is quite clear that when we die, it's END GAME with no second chances.
We can just imagine Satan chuckling and conning people by saying "Go on being a rotter all your life, God will give you a chance to repent and say "sorry" after you die, you can trust me, would I lie?"
So how does John 5:28, 29 fit into that?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:05 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: As for resurrection, Jesus is quite clear that when we die, it's END GAME with no second chances.
Neologist said: So how does John 5:28, 29 fit into that?

It fits in perfectly..Smile
John 5: 28/29 Jesus said- “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned"

See, EVERYBODY is resurrected, then Jesus's pals get whisked off to be with him, and the rest get left behind and the judge pronounces sentence..Smile
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 03:02 am
Romeo wrote:
1- I regularly quote from the Bible to back myself up, so I'm never "in error".

Would you agree then that I also am never in error as I too quote from the bible?
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 03:18 am
@SpawnOfGod,
Glossolalia has a redoubtable charisma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossolalia

Glossolalia also sometimes refers to xenoglossy, the putative speaking of a natural language previously unknown to the speaker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelic_tongues

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 12:04 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: I regularly quote from the Bible to back myself up, so I'm never "in error".
Smileyrius asked: Would you agree then that I also am never in error as I too quote from the bible?

It depends what cult you belong to, and whether you take verses in their proper context!
For example Jehovah's Witnesses let each other die for want of transfusions based on some obscure defunct Old T verse..Smile
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 01:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
It depends what cult you belong to, and whether you take verses in their proper context!
For example Jehovah's Witnesses let each other die for want of transfusions based on some obscure defunct Old T verse.
Are you the one who decides which verses should be ignored? I wonder what Jesus would think about that? And what about the NT verses you have been shown? Do you need to review them?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 02:28 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: For example Jehovah's Witnesses let each other die for want of transfusions based on some obscure defunct Old T verse.
Neologist said: Are you the one who decides which verses should be ignored? I wonder what Jesus would think about that? And what about the NT verses you have been shown? Do you need to review them?

Some people argue that Jesus IS God, but others argue that he WASN'T God, it's one of those things that we have to use our own commonsense to decide, by looking at as many verses as possible
Same with the blood thing, JW's think transfusions are wrong, but others say they're not, so the debate goes on and on.
The bottom line is whether God is happy with JW's letting each other die?
I think he's not, but we'll just have to wait to ask him when we meet him..Smile