Biblical Tongues

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 06:09 pm
Demons might have had physical flesh-and-blood bodies once, but evolved into purely invisible spiritual life-forms, or don't people believe in evolution?
They wish they still had a physical body, so they implant themselves into their human victims mind to try to bend his/her will to their own.
Atheists are easy meat for them because they don't believe demons exist, and have therefore got no defence against them.
But Christians know they exist and know how to defend themselves..Smile

"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

Satan and his demons can scan human minds looking for character flaws and weaknesses that they can exploit.
KIRK- "Report Mr Spock"
SPOCK- "We're being scanned captain, source and origin unknown!"
KIRK- "Shields up, red alert!"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Spock_science_station_zpsc58274f8.jpg~original
0 Replies

SpawnOfGod

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 09:31 pm
@Setanta,
Nah I just like making haters look stupid, and that's exactly what I did because your reply was nothing witty of any sort. YOU, have a good one sir.
Setanta

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 01:29 am
@SpawnOfGod,
Well, it's not s though wit sparkles in your hateful posts. Personally, i am indifferent to whether or not you "have a good one." But that's merely indifference, not hate--hate is what you seem to deal in. You boys have fun playing with your demon dolls, but don't get excited and hurt one another.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:56 am

http://covenantoflove.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/speaking-in-tongues.jpg
Ragman

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 05:09 am
@edgarblythe,
"Don't Start him up or he'll nev-ah stop, ... ne"v-vah stop ...!"
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 05:25 am
@Ragman,
There are tongues and there are tongues.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 07:27 pm
@Setanta,
Thinly sliced and needs mustard
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 07:39 pm
@SpawnOfGod,
If you are seriously considering Biblical languages, you may conclude that when God confused the languages at Babel, he evidently allowed the language of Abraham to continue. Thus, Hebrew might qualify as the world's oldest human lamguage.

As for the language of angels and demons, how they might communicate among themselves is not known. If they were to communicate with us, IF, they would have to use a language we understand, don't you think?

BTW, I am proud to be on Romeo's s/^&*t list.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 09:26 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: BTW, I am proud to be on Romeo's s/^&*t list.

If you mean my "Loser's List" mate, yes this comment of yours certainly qualifies you to be on it-
Neologist (Jehovah's Witness) said -"Romeo is ignorant, malicious, a fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist , liar, self-deluded"

And it also qualifies you to be on the naughty step for breaking the 9th commandment and for spreading slander..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ten-cs_zps69eb00e9.jpg~original

The English word 'devil' derives from the Greek 'diabolos' which means 'slanderer' and gives us the adjective 'diabolical'.
There ya go, I've always said the Jehovahs Witnesses are a satanic cult..Wink

"Whoever spreads slander is a fool" (Proverbs 10:18 )
"But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips" (Col 3:8)
Jesus said:- "Every careless word you speak will be judged" (Matt 12:36)
neologist

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 10:34 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . it also qualifies you to be on the naughty step for breaking the 9th commandment and for spreading slander.. . . .
If you would convict me of breaking the commandment against false witness, you will need a second accuser, according to Hebrew Law. But then, all my observations about you, although harsh, have been true.

I am truly sorry if my abrasive words may have offended you. Perhaps I could have been more diplomatic. I will try harder.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:29 pm
Quote:
Neologist (Jehovah's Witness) said :"Romeo is ignorant, malicious, a fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist , liar, self-deluded
..all my observations about you, although harsh, have been true.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT MATE, keep throwing them punches, I can see you've got a fierce competitive spirit going back to your weightlifting days and I like that because I'm just as competitive on the wargaming field..Smile

Just one thing- I'm totally self-confident and never wrong -
"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)

But in your quotes below, you admit to being imperfect, sometimes wrong, no genius, and that there are still things you don't understand-
"I can say truly that JWs are most certainly not perfect" -Aug 15 2006
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" -21 Sep 013
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" -21 Sep 013

No offence, but even though you've been in the JW's for over 40 years it doesn't seem to have done you a blind bit of good..Wink
neologist

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Just one thing- I'm totally self-confident and never wrong -
How come Paul did not feel that way?
Quote:
but I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow.(1 Corinthians 9:27)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
BTW, Romeo:
How do you obey this?
Quote:
19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.(Matthew 28: 19,20)
Or this?
Quote:
24 And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.(Hebrew 10: 24,25)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 09:18 pm
Quote:
Neologist asked me: How do you obey this?
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations.... not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another..."(Hebrew 10: 24,25)

(groan) Surely I don't have to post my truckload of fan mail again? A couple of typical ones will do-
Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you Mick! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"

See, I've been "meeting" and encouraging people all over internet-land for the past 12 years, and before that I wrote stuff for Christian Waymarkers UK which they turned into leaflets to hand out to passersby in English towns and cities..Smile
If you think I should join a church, the only ones i've looked at round here don't shape up, so I'm happy to obey these instructions to stay well clear-
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Provs 13:20)
"Bad company corrupts good character" (1 Cor 15:33)

Heck I shouldn't even be talking to you because you've slandered me by calling me malicious, ignorant, liar, deceiver, racist etc ..Wink
"..you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat..expel the wicked man from among you" (1 Cor 5:11-13)
neologist

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
How does this work for you from 1 Timothy, chapter 3?
Quote:
1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:06 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Heck I shouldn't even be talking to you because you've slandered me by calling me malicious, ignorant, liar, deceiver, racist etc ..Wink
"..you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat..expel the wicked man from among you" (1 Cor 5:11-13)
It's only slander when it's a lie, Romeo. But I should take some comfort in that you consider me more dangerous to you than an atheist.

What I have said of you is candy drops compared to what others have accused you of on this thread.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:36 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: It's only slander when it's a lie, Romeo..

Right! When you said: "Romeo is ignorant, malicious, a fable-spinner, talks drivel, a deceiver, racist ,a liar, self-deluded", that was quite a pack of fibs, so that makes you not only a slanderer but a breaker of the 9th Commandment (false witness), tut-tut..
However I'm quite prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you simply made an honest mistake about me..Smile
After all, you admit to being wrong about things before-
"I can say truly that JWs are most certainly not perfect" (Neologist 18 Aug 2006)
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)

But as long as you continue insisting you weren't mistaken about me, your heinous crimes of slander and false witness stand..Wink
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:52 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: I should take some comfort in that you consider me more dangerous to you than an atheist. What I have said of you is candy drops compared to what others have accused you of on this thread

I'll clip the ear of anybody whether they're an atheist or cultist or anything else mate, you're all the same to me and no more "dangerous" than yappy poodles..Smile

"They make a noise like a dog, but thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision" (Psalm 59:6)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/four-poodles_zpsc990a554.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well, you have yet to clip my ear. But I was referring to my having been assigned the honor of being the first a2ker to make your special list in spite of my avoidance of vituperation and profanity.

You are a heap of fun, Romeo, though ikely not in the way you hope.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 03:42 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: my having been assigned the honor of being the first a2ker to make your special list

I've got enough ordinary boring atheists on my Losers List, but because you claim to be a Christian Jehovah's Witness, I can always find room on it for religious cultists!
Then when people around internet-land ask me- "Hey, what do JW's think of you?", I can simply wheel out your slanderous comments about me and make them ROFL..Smile

"Romeo, in his ignorance.."- (Neologist 21 Sep 013
"I am still trying to determine whether or not your intent is malicious" (Neologist to me, 22 Sep 013)
"Romeo Fable Spinner" (Neologist 24 Sep 013)
"..your drivel" (Neologist 24 Sep 013)
"..your desire to deceive" (Neologist 11Nov 2013)
"You are most certainly a racist, Romeo (Neologist 7 Feb 2014)
"I don't believe you always lie, Romeo; only when it suits you" (Neologist 19 Feb 2014)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/audience_zps5244042b.jpg~original