If the Men's Rights Movement (MRM) is "Misogynistic", why would any woman support it?

Sun 13 Jul, 2014 02:49 am
If men's rights activists are "misogynistic", then why do many women support them including prominent public figures?

There are two women in particular that I'd like to point out openly support the MRM and vocally denounce feminism. Both of these women gave speeches at the international conference for men's issues this month.

1) Erin Pizzey, an English family care activist and a novelist. She became internationally famous for having started one of the first women's refuges (called women's shelters in the U.S.) in the modern world, Chiswick Women's Aid, in 1971, the organisation known today as Refuge. Pizzey has been the subject of death threats and boycotts because of her research into the claim that most domestic violence is reciprocal, and that women are equally as capable of violence as men. Pizzey has said that the threats were from militant feminists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Pizzey

2) Anne Cools: The first black, female to become a senator in North America. A member of the Canadian Senate. Born in Barbados, she became with her appointment the first Black Canadian to be appointed to Canada's upper house. She is currently the longest-serving member of the Senate, since the retirement of Lowell Murray on September 26, 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Cools

Now, why on Earth would a black, female senator and one of the most prominent women among the pioneers of women's shelters support a movement full of misogynists???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,145 • Replies: 21
Topic Closed
No top replies

nononono

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 08:59 pm
http://cheekmagazine.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Feminisme-e1405503734551.jpg
0 Replies

nononono

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:01 pm
http://www.konbini.com/fr/files/2014/07/10007515_203163669892879_838313339_n-810x721.jpg
0 Replies

nononono

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:02 pm
http://antimisandry.com/members/marx-albums-i-need-feminism-because-picture3255-1609805-618848741510057-706577235-n.jpg
0 Replies

nononono

Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:39 pm
Hey, instead of tagging this thread "whinger" or some such bullshit why don't you debate me on the topic?

Oh that's right. Y'all are a bunch of pussys (that means cowards for you elderly folks!) I forgot!
nononono

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:50 pm
An immensely smart, articulate young woman explains why feminism is bad for both women and for society:

0 Replies

Intrepid

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 10:23 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

Hey, instead of tagging this thread "whinger" or some such bullshit why don't you debate me on the topic?

Oh that's right. Y'all are a bunch of pussys (that means cowards for you elderly folks!) I forgot!

Not sure who did the tagging, but in answer to your question. I doubt that many would want to debate a misogynist with warped views. Sounds like the Hawkeye school of misogynism.
nononono

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 10:39 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
I doubt that many would want to debate a misogynist with warped views.

If you want to label me a "misogynist", you must provide specific examples of that supposed "misogyny" using my quotes. Otherwise your assertion is unfounded, and anyone who reads this will know that.

Intrepid

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 10:58 pm
@nononono,
You seem to mask misogynism by claiming to hate feminism, not women. Where does one end and the other begin?

Quote:

The beef we have is with feminism, not women.
nononono

Mon 21 Jul, 2014 11:09 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
You seem to mask misogynism by claiming to hate feminism, not women. Where does one end and the other begin?

Sanity.

Not all women are feminists. Not by a long shot.

Watch the video I posted above. I LOVE women like her and support anyone like her. Read up on the two women I mention at the beginning of this thread. Do a google search on them. Any woman with sanity who doesn't feel a sense of entitlement to special privileges in life is someone I stand behind 100%.

Still waiting for you to quote something I said that's actually misogynistic...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 27 Jul, 2014 06:57 pm
AND you managed to bring RACE into it.
nononono

Sun 27 Jul, 2014 09:46 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
AND you managed to bring RACE into it.

You mean by mentioning the FACT that senator Cools is black?

What's your point?
0 Replies

nononono

Sun 27 Jul, 2014 09:51 pm
http://33.media.tumblr.com/b508cc3c48ade9cd962406cf0910714d/tumblr_msv7ggz4TU1qf7o51o8_500.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 11:59 pm
I can't speak for anyone else, but picking thru his rants to show proof of his warped reality sticks me as arduous and disgusting task. He answered me on a recent thread by simply posting "Legalize RAPE". I don't know why it's only the dopes insisting their tripe is authentic, factual or logical. Come to think of it, I'm not interested enough to care.
nononono

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:16 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
He answered me on a recent thread by simply posting "Legalize RAPE".

I was being sarcastic because that's one of the things people like you constantly tag my threads as. That very thread was tagged "Let's Legalize Rape.", even though the subject of the thread had nothing to do with rape.

It's not my fault you're 174 years old, senile, and can't understand sarcasm...

Quote:
I'm not interested enough to care.

Simple solution, then **** off and don't read my posts if you don't like them.
wmwcjr

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 03:41 pm
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
It's not my fault you're 174 years old, senile, . . .

First of all, you don't know her age. It really doesn't matter how old she is.

But more to the point, you get no points for mocking the elderly. If you don't die before your time, you'll also have the experience of growing old. So, grow up.
hawkeye10

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 04:16 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Not sure who did the tagging, but in answer to your question. I doubt that many would want to debate a misogynist with warped views. Sounds like the Hawkeye school of misogynism.

If a person can not win a debate with a misogynist then we have a good sign that the misogynist is correct. Labels do not change the reality of the universe. In any case a person has to win in the arena of ideas before they can claim to be right, calling names as one refuses to do battle is the definition of a coward. You and Andrew fit the definition to a T.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:38 pm
Re: Nononono's "cultural Marxism" line . . . Twisted Evil

http://www.notablebiographies.com/images/uewb_07_img0472.jpg

Nononono's mentor http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/rofl.gif

0 Replies

nononono

Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:56 pm
@wmwcjr,
I'll tell you what, once people like glitterbag quit mocking me by calling me a "dope" or whatever; and quit tagging my threads with nonsense horseshit, then I'll quit attacking back. Until then, my philosophy is "fight fire with fire".

And you people know by now who you're poking with a stick when you egg me on. You know damn well what you're doing. You know I have fangs, and I'm not afraid to use them when provoked.

You don't want the tongue lashing? Quit poking the fuckin' bear...

wmwcjr

Thu 12 Feb, 2015 11:42 pm
This articulate cat has a favorite A2K member! Smile

0 Replies