Best way to color hair that is going gray.

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:36 am
Hi, I have medium brown, thick, long hair. It is about 10% gray or less. I like my hair to look honey/golden brown and to have some highlights to not be a solid color. My stylist colored my hair darker than I like and added really blonde highlights to hide the gray as it grows in so it won't need to be colored as often. It looks awful. It looks like it is "frosted" somewhat and I hate it. Do most people do touch ups and foils every 6 weeks or so? It gets so expensive. Should I just go with one color? Will it look really flat. So confused how to transition and look natural.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,029 • Replies: 1
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 12:00 pm
@megancoop,
Yikes, I think you need anther colorist. Your natural brown hair shouldn't be darker and if a lighter color was used the grey hair would have shown up as more natural looking high lights. You don't need foils, well at least not from this current stylist. But the idea you won't notice the re growth is not realistic, you will notice your lighter natural color as well as the grey as it grows. Having your roots retouched will last longer and should cost less. But, if you properly maintain the color, it's going to be a little pricey. But don't try to find a cut rate colorist, you will wind up ruining your hair.
0 Replies