3 day stomach ache?

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:02 am
Hello everyone!,

I'm 30-year old woman.I started experiencing minor stomach pain, only in the upper abdominal area.. So, i was taking librax tablet but the pain getting so bad I can't sleep at night because I can't lie in a position without feeling severe pains. What could be going on in my stomach? Thanks in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:06 am
According to WIKI, librax is for treating a range of stomach/abdominal disorders.
What's your specific disorder, ulcers or what?
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:13 am
@lebwoman,
What does your Doctor think it is?
lebwoman

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:48 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Past Medical:
single barium enema exam four years ago

Results:
distention in the right colon and spastic colon.
my doctor had prescribed me spasmomen tablet for almost 2 years, twice a day. Then he gradually decreased my doses as i became normal and regula plus drug for constipation. Thank you in advance.
0 Replies

lebwoman

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 12:04 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I did not go to the doctor. Now, even though I am not taking them, it's been two, almost three months and I don't still have this stomach pain.Thank you in advance.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 12:30 pm
@lebwoman,
You have this pain or you don't still have this pain, which is it? I presume you meant you still have the pain. You need to call and then see your doctor.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 12:38 pm
I'm losing track of this thread.
You say you didn't go to the doctor, yet you say he prescribed something for you?

Anyway, do you eat normal food or are you vegetarian, or a health food fan or what?
For example our Jewish friends don't eat pork and I wonder if that's why there's a higher incidence of Crohn's Disease (inflammation of the gut) among the Jewish population.
Also, Linda McCartney, Davy Jones, Maurice Gibb, Robin Gibb and Donna Summer were all veggies who died young. (The Gibbs both developed colorectal cancer) and now Angelina Jolie has ditched her vegan diet because she's fed up of being ill.

PS- some years ago we were always being told to include plenty of roughage in our food, so I used to sprinkle crumbled Weetabix over my meals, and was sometimes plagued by terrible intermittent abdominal cramps, once I was even taken to hospital because they suspected appendicitis, but it wasn't that.
Eventually after some months the penny dropped and I stopped with the Weetabix and the cramps also stopped..Smile
luismtzzz

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:43 pm
@lebwoman,
There are a lot of possibilities. Multiple abdominal organs can produce pain on the upper area, and even diseases out of the abdomen. The information you provide is really scarse, and a clinical evaluation is needed to asses appropiately a correct diagnosis.

The physical exploration of the abdominal area is needed. Also your doctor will ask you a lot of questions regarding you symptoms so be prepare to remmember every data about the pain. If you detect a rythm, if it is related to meals, is defecation improves temporarily the pain, if the pain interrupts your sleep, etc... etc...

Go to a doctor you trust. With the few information provided i do not think that it is something dangerous. I could give you a list of very common diseases that can cause that pain but again with out a physical exploration it is useless. Do not waste time. Book an appointment with a trustable doctor.

BTW the report of the enema was relatibily ok, it does not provides relevant information, but at least it do not reports dangerous signs. It can be a normal report for someone with slow intestine movement, stress colonpathy, irrtable bowel disease, a normal person with a low fiber diet, etc etc etc...

Check the link below:

http://able2know.org/topic/248824-1
0 Replies

lebwoman

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 06:25 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Hey!
Just for clarification,four years ago,I went to the doctor because of chronic constipation, but three months ago I felt severe spasms in the upper abdominal area for 3 days.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 07:27 am
Remember, THE INTERNET IS OUR BEST FRIEND when it comes to looking up whatever ailment we've got, and there are also net discussion groups where people with the same condition can compare notes and discuss their symptoms, their treatments and stuff.
We then end up knowing more about it than the quacks and can keep tabs on whether they're diagnosing and treating us correctly..Smile
0 Replies