The return of Jesus would be the end of Christianity.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 06:18 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Sure beats reality.
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:49 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
No historical Jesus, huh......
Then why did the historian Josephus mention him if he did not actually exist. Josephus was real, we have some of his writings today.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 11:54 pm
@Enaj,
Quote:
No historical Jesus, huh......
Then why did the historian Josephus mention him if he did not actually exist. Josephus was real, we have some of his writings today.

I have read very good books about people who never existed. Wink

Problem is, there is no evidence for jesus and jesus can be very simply explained as a symbol.

btw nearly everything written in the bible is to be found in earlier pagan religions, years and years and years before there was any talk of a man called jesus. It is all recycled bullshit.

A lot of 'people' walked the same 'path' as jesus and were born out of a virgin, same birthday, same crucifixion, same resurrection. All this nany many years before jesus.
Nothing is new about christianity.
Enaj

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 01:30 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
And so although Josephus mentioned Jesus in some of his writings, Jesus still isn't real? Josephus was a historian, he wouldn't be into writing of characters of fables. A historian writes about events of history, and not fairy tales.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 02:00 pm
@Enaj,
Quote:
And so although Josephus mentioned Jesus in some of his writings, Jesus still isn't real? Josephus was a historian, he wouldn't be into writing of characters of fables. A historian writes about events of history, and not fairy tales.

Well, he never existed.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 04:29 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
so you keep asserting...
Enaj

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 09:27 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
You were there and know for sure?

I wasn't there when Lincoln was president but I still know that he did exist.

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:34 pm
@Enaj,
Quote:
You were there and know for sure?

I wasn't there when Lincoln was president but I still know that he did exist.

Lincoln yes, jesus no. It is just a belief system you are defending.
There is simply no proof he ever existed and there are other things that point to the fact that he wasn't real. And he wasn't born from a virgin either. Wink
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2014 11:35 pm
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
so you keep asserting...

yep, it is just the same old recycled bullshit.

Or................give me some evidence. there is none.
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:09 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I don't have a problem with your lack of belief in this Jesus fellow, I'm just prodding your statement to one that is more intellectually acceptable.

To assert that there is no evidence in support of a Jesus character in history is a little naive. What you should claim is that none of the evidence you have examined leads you personally to believe that a Jesus character existed. Evidence exists for all arguments, the degree to which it effects your belief either for or against an argument is completely down to you.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 04:09 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
Or................give me some evidence.

Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing that? You made all sorts of bizarre claims about Science/Religion/History all being false, yet have not proved one iota of evidence for any of your nonsensical claims.

Actually if you're saying Jesus didn't exist, that's almost proof that he did.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 04:46 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
I don't have a problem with your lack of belief in this Jesus fellow, I'm just prodding your statement to one that is more intellectually acceptable.

To assert that there is no evidence in support of a Jesus character in history is a little naive. What you should claim is that none of the evidence you have examined leads you personally to believe that a Jesus character existed. Evidence exists for all arguments, the degree to which it effects your belief either for or against an argument is completely down to you.

nevermind. And you probably haven't seen the movie? Right?

jesus,as are at least sixteen others, like Buddha and Krishna, wno also never existed either. are just myths. There was never any existence of them, because since when does a myth exist? Yep, you guessed it.

Smileyrius

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 11:16 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Sorry Que chap, I am behind on my movies, which one are we speaking of? If it's Disney Pixar or Dreamworks, I've probably seen it.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Of course you don't know that. Jesus came into a nasty world as a pacifist. All he could do was turn the other cheek, and love his enemy. Or is there something more to the passive spirit. Like will he only be loved, never to experience hate?

People are shrouded in ignorance, that's the forbidden knowledge of evil from genesis. Reality is cruel, so maybe the sacrafice was sending him here what so ever, but it was necisary to save knowledge.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 12:08 pm
@MWal,
Quote:
Of course you don't know that. Jesus came into a nasty world as a pacifist. All he could do was turn the other cheek, and love his enemy. Or is there something more to the passive spirit. Like will he only be loved, never to experience hate?

People are shrouded in ignorance, that's the forbidden knowledge of evil from genesis. Reality is cruel, so maybe the sacrafice was sending him here what so ever, but it was necisary to save knowledge

My god!Are you for real?????

Quote:
Jesus came into a nasty world as a pacifist

A pacifist???? LOL

Really?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4980328_f496.jpg

A pacifist???? LOL

**** OFF WITH HIM!!!

MWal

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 01:22 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
What about turn the other cheek love thy enemy and forbidden knowledge of evil. We all know the bible is conflicted, even it says watch out for the scoffers.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:18 pm
@MWal,
Quote:
What about turn the other cheek love thy enemy and forbidden knowledge of evil. We all know the bible is conflicted, even it says watch out for the scoffers.

You can't undo a wrng with a right!

He came to bring a sword and not peace. What kind of idiot is that?
MWal

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 03:41 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Who's wrong if your living passive. Turn the other cheek, its like your looking at the devil on your left shoulder advocating violence, and when you turn your cheek you see passive.
MWal

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 04:25 pm
@MWal,
Jesus said live by the sword die by the sword.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2014 04:38 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:

Jesus said live by the sword die by the sword.

Actually...no he didn't.