Until later- unless there is none

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 12:46 pm
Great news.
farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Great news !

Get some rest.Watch the Food Network, that's like valium for me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:06 pm
Sturgis, Excellent news. I was craving an egg cream. How did you know?

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:57 pm
@Sturgis,
He's on drugs and still he has his full humour Smile

Awesome news Sturgis (HUGS) to you.... x
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 10:47 pm
@Sturgis,
Great news, Sturgis!
http://www.nhlcyberfamily.org/special/snoop.gif

I'm glad the kidneys are doing well and I hope the blood clots are on their way to becoming history.

Not to be too fussy, but hold the Swiss cheese on my pastrami sandwich and substitute cole slaw instead. Smile

Stay positive. If you have cable in your room, try to catch some good movies. The Sundance channel has been running a slew of older 4 star movies lately.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:27 am
@firefly,
Firefly, I think you just described a Rachael sandwich, tasty but I still love Rueben's. Both are good Sammie's.
cherrie

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:27 am
@Sturgis,
It's lovely to see you back Sturgis, and so good that you are sounding so positive.
I had to google knish, had no idea what it was, but it looks good and I'll take one thanks. Very Happy
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:39 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Firefly, I think you just described a Rachael sandwich, tasty but I still love Rueben's

A Reuben has corned beef, melted Swiss, and sauerkraut, with Russian dressing. A Rachel is pastrami and melted Swiss,with cole slaw instead of the sauerkraut. But I don't want the Swiss, or Russian dressing. I've never tried either a Reuben or a Rachel, but I'm more than willing. They both sound good. Smile

Actually, I think what I want is just called a plain old pastrami sandwich with a mustard and cole slaw.

This is getting confusing. And I'm getting hungry. Maybe I'll just have a knish and an eggcream. Laughing

Maybe we should create a Sturgis sandwich in his honor.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 07:37 am
@Sturgis,
Thank goodness!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:05 am
As these threads progress they either degrade into one or two paths

1Everyone starts arguing about some punk ass premise of the initial thread ala a bunch of trolls
OR

2We start talking about e-food.

I can see where this ones going

Youre lucky Sturgis that we aint arguing about the difference between a nephron an a glomerulus, or how incorrectly I spell coumeden
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:26 pm
@Sturgis,
Phew - you really had us worried this time! So glad to see you well enough to post here - get totally well very soon please, I can't stand all this tension!!! Laughing
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Wonderful news Sir Sturgis! Very Happy
Sturgis wrote:

Greatly appreciate and touched by the kindness extended towards me. We're it in my abilities I'd get each of you a delicious chocolate egg cream and potato knish(along with a mandatory pastrami on rye with Swiss cheese and a swab of mustard) or whatever else you might be urging to eat.

Quote:
Renal scan shows no lasting obvious damage-WHEW!

Or some Steak and Kidney pudding. Teach your own kidneys that they should avoid scaring you in the future.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2005j4i.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 04:20 pm
@Sturgis,
I'm going to celebrate with a virtual knish and beef brisket gravy from Caplansky's - guaranteed to make me happy - and thirsty

http://a3.urbancdn.com/w/s/Dt/J4DcIaMUq33sXv-640m.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:42 pm
I'll celebrate with love, not that you all aren't doing that, it's ongoing, flowing.

We also have our very loved Andy moving through trouble.

Hang tight, both of you.

How do you say that in spanish?
italian?
french?
chinese?
portuguese?
greek?
and so on.
firefly

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:33 am
@Sturgis,
How are you doing, Sturgis? Are you out of the hospital yet?
luismtzzz

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:58 am
@ossobuco,
I just read the Update, i hope there will be more extraordinary news soon.

Hang tight, both of you ..... Resistan, ustedes dos.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:47 pm
@firefly,

Quote:
How are you doing, Sturgis? Are you out of the hospital yet?

I know, it's now on my side of the World 8/1/14 and was thinking the same.. Sad

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:50 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Sturgis hasn't posted since the 24th.

He's done this to us before ... so he knows we worry.

Hopefully he'll back soonish to tell us to bugger off and stop worrying.

I may have to go round up those male nurses again Wink
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 04:04 pm
Oh, um, uh, er...

I kept meaning to get to this, came back a couple of days ago and am readusting to the day to day routines.

I meant re-adjusting (although there does seem to be a nice layer of dust everywhere)

Strange how time works and thoughts travel, because just before getting myself on here, I sent a certain Australian a quick note. Hmm...maybe she really is adept at witchcraft!

The folks who have been tending to the leg wound stuff are now sending around a person twice weekly to get blood. This of course due to the blood clot matter and the blood thinner medication I am on right now. At some point this part will be reduced to weekly, then monthly.

There was a slight setback at one spot in the hospital stay, however it was nothing that can't be handled.

So what we have now is belief that these 2 clots will do what they are supposed to do with the aid of blood thinners, and that somehow my health will continue to improve.

I have a feeling I may be going to Beth Israel too often as not only did I remember many of the staff, they remembered me. Then again, that did make things a little nicer and easier as it felt almost like being home.

A bit tired, a bit out of it still, as I descend from the strange medication induced trance I have been in. In time, I am sure things will return to normal.

To save us all from more boredom than necessary...and to keep myself from rambling on further or farther, I'll shush up for now. Appreciate the concern from all of you.
Until later (and I get a feeling there'll be one)...

(tomorrow I'll need to locate where ehBeth has hidden those good looking nurses and other bearish appearing hospital employees)
roger

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 04:17 pm
@Sturgis,
Unusual setbacks are not at all unusual - if you take my meaning.
0 Replies