Until later- unless there is none

Sturgis

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 09:41 pm
Good evening or whatever time it is in your area.

Brought to hospital last Wednesday amid annoying pain. Tests run left and right with different ideas to what it was.

Second cat scan a few hours ago and doctors delivered a diagnosis a plan of action and general prognosis.

Blood clot along renal artery or whatever they called it. Another in the intestines.

Options according to what blood tests reveal are vascular entry through the leg, surgery, I.v.drip with blood thinners. More known as they continue testing and diagnosis.

It's a life experience- although a little scary, however, with the choices for treatment it has a positive attitude about it which I am trying to absorb.

Hey, life happens and I'm just glad that I've been allowed and given so much and so many wonderful moments. I am oddly content and borderline calm.

Hopefully there will be updates and soon. For now, I'm signing off from the computer, expect and hope to be back soon. All of you have been important parts of my last decade and I thank you all.

Stay well, stay happy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 28 • Views: 8,405 • Replies: 103

luismtzzz

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 09:52 pm
@Sturgis,
I am relatively new here and maybe we haven't cross ideas yet. But I want to wish you luck. Stay always positive. Be brave.

Jumping on to the unknown is always difficult. Keep your loved ones close and your faith always high.

I hope we can have you around soon.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 09:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Hopefully, you will be sending us good, positive updates for a long, long time. You've been important to us too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 10:08 pm
I am bookmarking this page. I am concerned for you and I hope to read some happy news on here soon.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 10:18 pm
There are more than a few folks here who have survived emergency treatment for blood clots and have lots of experience with the various blood thinners, their quirks and side effects.

We've got your back, Sturgis. Don't be bashful with questions. This will probably just be yet another speed bump on the road of life requiring a brief slow down before you are on your way again.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 11:12 pm
@Sturgis,
I'm putting my hoper into high gear for you.

I'm expecting--make that demanding--future reports.

Hang in, kid.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 12:07 am
@Sturgis,
Positive vibes being sent from over the pond, Sturge. Your humour makes me snort my coffee on occasions, and I'm sure you'll be sitting up in bed in no time, making those nurses giggle.

You get back here asap, otherwise there'll be trouble.
dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 12:25 am
@Lordyaswas,
Looking forward to hearing some positive news from you soon Sturgis.

Damn blood clots! Out with them! In with thinner blood.

We will miss you while you are being medicaled.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 01:11 am
@Sturgis,
Be well Sturgis, and stay strong.

You'll be back here in no time.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:00 am
Posivibes 'n stuff
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:47 am
I'm sorry to hear this but happy that an action plan is in place and hoping that you have a quick recovery and come back to spend more time with us.

I know I'm not the only one who has the "Yay! It's Sturgis!" feeling when I see your name pop up on a thread.

Take care of yourself and know we'll be waiting for you right here.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 07:45 am
Sending out vibes for you.
Hang in there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 08:04 am
We will be thinking of you all through this, Sturge. Hang in there!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 08:43 am
You'll be right as rain in no time, Sturgis. Keep the faith, good Sir!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:00 am

stay strong...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 05:42 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yes, stay strong.
We all know Sturgis has been strong a long time, and I hear in his words that he is now too.

I'm not your huggiest person in the first place, and a real life hug now would be dumb to the max, but, man, I'm sending some google image bears to represent us..

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/teddy-bears-via-shutterstock-615x345.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 05:57 pm
Oh Sturgis, I hope you get back home soon, you're one of the reasons I still post. Who's going to look after us girls, we need you back here with us. Will one of your friends keep us posted?? We would love to get updates. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing you back where you belong. Big kisses, GB
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 07:16 pm
Dear Sturgis, I hope that by now all the tests are completed, and that your best treatment options were selected and are already under way.

We are all pulling for you to surmount this latest problem ASAP. All the good vibes coming your way should be bouncing off the walls of your hospital room and surrounding you by now.

I hope you'll be able to re-connect with us soon and share news of your progress. Stay positive.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Hey Sturgis, we'll be hanging around, waiting to hear from you and keeping the word games warm for you.

Sending you any kind of hug you're willing to accept cuz you're my pal.

((( Sturgis )))
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 12:17 am
@Sturgis,
I'll be watching this space and hoping for you the best outcome ... and soon. I, too, share some recent hospital and health adventure experiences. Keeping that good attitude is a big help.

Hang in there and hurry on back.

We'll keep Sturgis seat waiting.
0 Replies