Justice

Germlat

Fri 11 Jul, 2014 06:56 am
@JTT,
I read various articles on this. It seems as though the women felt the judicial system had failed them. Accusations of rape had been reported on this individual for a decade and the lead nowhere. The women were told they provoked their attacker , they were loose women, etc. it seems they felt the judicial system did not care to award them justice ...It seems uncomplicated to think matters of punishment should be left to the authorities, but what happens when justice never comes? I read that even if someone is charged with rape in that area, resolution to the case may take literally a lifetime. Sometimes people have already passed away by the time the authorities act. So what happens if an individual is a serial rapist? Well...I guess we know what happened. The system is clearly not working.
Buttermilk

Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:29 am
@Germlat,
At the same time they are a part of the caste system so of course they being the "untouchables" would not be afforded justice. that is my point. The judicial system failed them because the judicial system didn't acknowledge their personhood.
Germlat

Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:40 am
@Buttermilk,
I agree. The cast system is archaic in today's world. Justice is not served impartially anywhere...but in some places it is horrible for women. I watched a documentary called "It's a girl", concerning gendercide in India and China. It is a striking revelation of the gender inequalities that exist in those regions. I highly recommend you watch it.
Buttermilk

Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:45 am
@Germlat,
I agree. You also said something that is pertinent to this conversation, that "justice is not served impartially anywhere." I believe in today's age Wu-Tang clan's philosophy of C.R.E.A.M (Cash Rules Everything Around Me).
Germlat

Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:50 am
@Buttermilk,
I think it always has...my mother used to say, " if you expect for the world to be fair, you'll be a severely unhappy person. The world is a network ...it has always been. Best advise I ever received .
Buttermilk

Sat 12 Jul, 2014 05:29 am
@Germlat,
Your mom was/is right
0 Replies