Fibonacci is NOT irregular at all! There IS a underlying pattern!

George

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 07:36 am
So what's the underlying pattern then?
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 08:26 am
@George,
Gingham, usually. Italian food needs gingham, imo.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 08:43 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

... that most people have decided you're an idiot who's not to be taken seriously.

This is too generous. IMO, an idiot would be honest in his ramblings, his intent would be pure even if his understanding was faulty. A troll on the other hand is trying to spread angst and misunderstanding, hoping that he can lead others astray. Maybe someone's child will die because he was successful in making them fearful of vaccinations. Maybe someone will lie awake at night fearful of contrails. You can always tell the trolls because they support all the conspiracy theories. A "truther" is not likely be a moon landing denier. "Birthers" typically aren't panicked about vaccinations. Trolls spout them all because they are trying to maximize the damage. The "not to be taken seriously" part is on the money though.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 11:50 am
@engineer,
Quote:
This is too generous. IMO, an idiot would be honest in his ramblings, his intent would be pure even if his understanding was faulty. A troll on the other hand is trying to spread angst and misunderstanding, hoping that he can lead others astray. Maybe someone's child will die because he was successful in making them fearful of vaccinations. Maybe someone will lie awake at night fearful of contrails. You can always tell the trolls because they support all the conspiracy theories. A "truther" is not likely be a moon landing denier. "Birthers" typically aren't panicked about vaccinations. Trolls spout them all because they are trying to maximize the damage. The "not to be taken seriously" part is on the money though.

strange thing indeed.
And only because you diagree with it. Last time I checked people were allowed to have their own opinion.
So, Ik hold my ground and stand behind everything I have written here.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 11:57 am
@Quehoniaomath,
People are entitled to their own opinion which is why you're thought of as an idiot or a troll. Definitely not to be taken seriously, except perhaps by other idiots/trolls.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 12:27 pm
Numbers and patterns in nature-

0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 01:17 pm
@George,
George wrote:
So what's the underlying pattern then?
Are you going to tell us what the pattern is or not?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 01:51 pm
@George,
Probably not, because only he can understand it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 05:36 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
. . . .well, show me the pattern ! Maybe I should have written regular pattern.

but well, show it!
OKAY!
http://zinn-x.com/images/fibonacci-nature-nautilus4.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 08:45 pm
@neologist,
1)Start a thread disputing a fundamental scientific orthodoxy without any proof of your claims whatsoever.
2) Insult the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with you.
3) When asked to provide evidence provide none and go quiet.
4) Repeat.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 12:14 am
"Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe."- Galileo

"There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all....It seems as though somebody has fine-tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe....The impression of design is overwhelming"- Paul Davies (British astrophysicist), The Cosmic Blueprint' p.203.

Jesus said-"The very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matt 19:30)
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 12:33 am
And the Lord said unto Luke "Come forth", but he came fifth and didn't get a sports scholarship.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 08:50 am
@neologist,
No, that is not what I mean. Just look at the numbers in the Fibonacci sequens,
see any regularity there?

I can phrase it also that the Fibonacci sequens has an underlying repeating pattern. So a pettern that comes back all the time!. (the last word 'time'' is more important then you might think!). This also means you have to think differently about the golden ratio (phi)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:17 am
@Quehoniaomath,
And you dodged George's question yet again.

That's hardly surprising.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:35 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Why is the word "time" important?
How should I now think about the golden ratio?

. . . and again, what is the underlying pattern?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:51 am
Time is stretchy and elastic as Einstein proved, and is affected by the speed of the observer and also by nearby massive objects, so it runs at a faster or slower rate for different observers.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Time is stretchy and elastic as Einstein proved, and is affected by the speed of the observer and also by nearby massive objects, so it runs at a faster or slower rate for different observers.

well, not really. Einstein was a kind of dronken idiot and madman and didn't know what he was talking about. of course time doesn't stretch! But that is more for the thread "Einstein Debunked"
In this I am not referring to that. It that is what you implied.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:22 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
And you dodge again, settled into a rut now.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:12 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:
And the Lord said unto Luke "Come forth", but he came fifth and didn't get a sports scholarship.
Then Luke pled the fifth and didn't get the all expense paid trip to the big house.

Life goes around, if at a molluskian pace.

Open a fifth, anyone?
0 Replies