The "state(TM)" of "Palestine"

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:28 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/1555337_787929137907588_4785100292173524321_n.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,177 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:28 pm
@gungasnake,
In my opinion, you might be in the wrong venue to have many appreciate such forthright honesty. Liberal progressives often have their own testament and truths, in my opinion.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:37 pm
@Foofie,
This one gets into the really big mystery of Judaism, i.e. the question of why any Jew in his right mind would ever vote for a democrat....
Foofie

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 07:59 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

This one gets into the really big mystery of Judaism, i.e. the question of why any Jew in his right mind would ever vote for a democrat....

I have read that many liberal Jews and other minorities might feel, on an unconscious level, that some future conservative politician might come up with the idea to make the U.S. white and Christian (aka, white and Gentile). In effect, in my opinion, the Republicans have a reputation to live down that goes back to the Miami hotels that were open in their desire for a Gentiles Only clientile, not to mention restricted golf clubs.

Even the successful Asians, that would benefit from the lower taxes position of Republicans tend to vote Democratic. Again, there might be residual unconscious feelings about the historical antipathy towards Asians.

However, many Orthodox Jews (a minority in the U.S. Jewish population) tend to vote Republican, since they are entrepreneurial, and in my opinion, prefer the pro-small business attitude of the Republicans.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 05:19 pm
@Foofie,
A whole lot of water has gone over the dam since 1930....
0 Replies