Top 10 Obamaisms: The Dumbest Barack Obama Quotes of All Time

Miller

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:00 am
10. "No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." –making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

9. "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances." -–after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

8. "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." –in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

7. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." –in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified, Sept. 7, 2008

6. "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

5. "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

4. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009. Obama later had to convene a "Beer Summit" at the White House to help tamp down the controversy stirred by his remark

3. "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." –speaking at a San Francisco fundraiser about his troubles winning over some small-town, working-class voters, April 11, 2008

2. "One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

1. "I've now been in 57 states — I think one left to go." —at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, May 9, 2008 (Watch video)

Daniel Kurtzman
politicalhumor.about.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 10,249 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Miller

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:05 am
"The reforms we seek would bring greater ... inefficiencies to our health care system." –

Could Obama have been referring to the VA hospital system in the US? Or perhaps he was thinking ahead to the wicked computer system, his administration set up at the start of the OBAMACARE mess?
raprap

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:22 am
@Miller,
Still has some to go to meet the wit, wisdom and wrongness of the Gipper.

1) "A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?"
--Ronald Reagan (Governor of California), quoted in the Sacramento Bee, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park, March 3, 1966

2) "I don't believe a tree is a tree and if you've seen one you've seen them all."
--Governor Ronald Reagan, in the Sacramento Bee, September 14, 1966

3) "All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk."
--Ronald Reagan (Republican candidate for president), quoted in the Burlington (Vermont) Free Press, February 15, 1980. (In reality, the average nuclear reactor generates 30 tons of radioactive waste per year.)

4) "I have flown twice over Mount St. Helens. I'm not a scientist and I don't know the figures, but I have a suspicion that one little mountain out there, in these last several months, has probably released more sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere than has been released in the last ten years of automobile driving or things of that kind."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in Time magazine, October 20, 1980. (According to scientists, Mount St. Helens emitted about 2,000 tons of sulfur dioxide per day at its peak activity, compared with 81,000 tons per day produced by cars.)

5) "Growing and decaying vegetation in this land are responsible for 93 percent of the oxides of nitrogen."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in the Los Angeles Times, October 9, 1980. (According to Dr. Michael Oppenheimer of the Environmental Defense Fund, industrial sources are responsible for at least 65 percent and possibly as much as 90 percent of the oxides of nitrogen in the U.S.)

6) "Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation. So let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards for man-made sources."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in Sierra, September 10, 1980

7) "I've said it before and I'll say it again. The U.S. Geological Survey has told me that the proven potential for oil in Alaska alone is greater than the proven reserves in Saudi Arabia."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in the Detroit Free Press, March 23, 1980. (According to the USGS, the Saudi reserves of 165.5 billion barrels are 17 times the proven reserves--9.2 billion barrels--in Alaska.)

8) "Why should we subsidize intellectual curiosity?"
--Ronald Reagan, campaign speech, 1980

9) "Trains are not any more energy efficient than the average automobile, with both getting about 48 passenger miles to the gallon."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in the Chicago Tribune, May 10, 1980. (The U.S. Department of Transportation calculates that a 14-car train traveling at 80 miles per hour gets 400 passenger miles to the gallon. A 1980 auto carrying an average of 2.2 people gets 42.6 passenger miles to the gallon.)

10) "It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas."
--Ronald Reagan (candidate for Governor of California), interviewed in the Fresno Bee, October 10, 1965

11) "I have a feeling that we are doing better in the war than the people have been told."
--Ronald Reagan, in the Los Angeles Times, October 16, 1967

12) "...the moral equal of our Founding Fathers."
--President Reagan, describing the Nicaraguan contras, March 1, 1985

13) "Fascism was really the basis for the New Deal."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in Time, May 17, 1976

14) "I know all the bad things that happened in that war. I was in uniform four years myself."
--President Reagan, in an interview with foreign journalists, April 19, 1985. ("In costume" is more like it. Reagan spent World War II making Army training films at Hal Roach Studios in Hollywood.)

15) "They've done away with those committees. That shows the success of what the Soviets were able to do in this country."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in the Washington Times, September 30, 1987. (Reagan longs for the days of Sen. Joseph McCarthy and the HCUA witch hunts.)

16) "We think there is a parallel between federal involvement in education and the decline in profit over recent years."
--President Reagan, quoted in USA Today, April 26, 1983

17) "What we have found in this country, and maybe we're more aware of it now, is one problem that we've had, even in the best of times, and that is the people who are sleeping on the grates, the homeless who are homeless, you might say, by choice."
--President Reagan, defending himself against charges of callousness on Good Morning America, January 31, 1984

18) "I favor the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and it must be enforced at the point of a bayonet, if necessary."
--Ronald Reagan, Los Angeles Times, October 20, 1965

19) "I would have voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964."
--Ronald Reagan, Los Angeles Times, June 17, 1966

20) "If there has to be a bloodbath, then let's get it over with."
--Ronald Reagan (Governor of California), quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle, early morning edition, May 15, 1969. (Reagan reveals how he intends to quell student protests in the city of Berkeley, California. Protesters were teargassed and fired upon with buckshot, killing one, blinding another, and wounding 128. Reagan would later declare a state of emergency in the city and send in 2,700 National Guard troops.)

21) "Today a newcomer to the state is automatically eligible for our many aid programs the moment he crosses the border."
--Ronald Reagan, in a speech announcing his candidacy for Governor, January 3, 1966. (In fact, immigrants to California had to wait five years before becoming eligible for benefits. Reagan acknowledged his error, but nine months later said exactly the same thing.)

22) "...a faceless mass, waiting for handouts."
--Ronald Reagan, 1965. (Description of Medicaid recipients.)

23) "Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders."
--California Governor Ronald Reagan, in the Sacramento Bee, April 28, 1966

25) "We were told four years ago that 17 million people went to bed hungry every night. Well, that was probably true. They were all on a diet."
--Ronald Reagan, TV speech, October 27, 1964

26) "But I also happen to be someone who believes in tithing--the giving of a tenth ."
--Ronald Reagan, from The Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents, February 8, 1982. (He may believe in tithing, but he doesn't practice it. Reagan's total charitable giving of $5,965 did not approach 10% of total income. It was more like 1.4%.)

27) " until now has there ever been a time in which so many of the prophecies are coming together. There have been times in the past when people thought the end of the world was coming, and so forth, but never anything like this."
--President Reagan revealing a disturbing view about the "coming of Armageddon," December 6, 1983

28) "History shows that when the taxes of a nation approach about 20 percent of the people's income, there begins to be a lack of respect for government.... When it reaches 25 percent, there comes an increase in lawlessness."
--Ronald Reagan, in Time, April 14, 1980. (History shows no such thing. Income tax rates in Europe have traditionally been far higher than U.S. rates, while European crime rates have been much lower.)

29) "Because Vietnam was not a declared war, the veterans are not even eligible for the G. I. Bill of Rights with respect to education or anything."
--Ronald Reagan, in Newsweek, April 21, 1980. (Wrong again.)

30) "Politics is just like show business. You have a hell of an opening, coast for a while, and then have a hell of a close."
--Ronald Reagan to aide Stuart Spencer, 1966

Rap
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:30 pm
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushquotes/a/dumbbushquotes.htm

50. "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." --at the President's Economic Forum in Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

49. "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." --Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

48. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

47. "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." --Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

46. "Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip)

45. "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." --at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001 (Listen to audio clip)

44. "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

43. "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

42. "I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

41. "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson

40. 3. "I think I was unprepared for war." –on the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

39. "I will not withdraw, even if Laura and Barney are the only ones supporting me." --talking to key Republicans about Iraq, as quoted by Bob Woodward

38. "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 (Watch video clip)

37. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." --Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

36. "Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

35. "This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." --as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

34. "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

33. "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

32. "I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

31. "They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

30. "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

29. "This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base." --at the 2000 Al Smith dinner

28. "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." --LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

27. "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right." --Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001

26. "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

25. "People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

24. "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." --after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

23. "You forgot Poland." --to Sen. John Kerry during the first presidential debate, after Kerry failed to mention Poland's contributions to the Iraq war coalition, Miami, Fla., Sept. 30, 2004

22. "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." --in parting words to world leaders at his final G-8 Summit, punching the air and grinning widely as those present looked on in shock, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

21. "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." --State of the Union Address, Jan. 28, 2003, making a claim that administration officials knew at the time to be false

20. "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

19. "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

18. "So what?" –President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008

17. "Can we win? I don't think you can win it." --after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

16. "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." --Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

15. "I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." --to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

14. "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." --speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

13. "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories ... And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." --Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

12. "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" --joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004 (Read more)

11. "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

10. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

9. "As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured." --on the No Child Left Behind Act, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2007 (Watch video clip)

8. "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000 (Listen to audio clip)

7. "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense." --Washington, D.C. April 18, 2006 (Read more; listen to audio clip; watch video clip)

6. "There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip)

5. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip)

4. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip)

3. "You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005 (Listen to audio clip)

2. "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." --to FEMA director Michael Brown, who resigned 10 days later amid criticism over his handling of the Hurricane Katrina debacle, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005 (Listen to audio clip; watch video clip)

1. "My answer is bring them on." --on Iraqi insurgents attacking U.S. forces, Washington, D.C., July 3, 2003

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:33 pm
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/J/1/3/bush-pope-dumber.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/D/q/3/Bush-Merkel-Massage.jpg

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:48 pm
@Miller,
Just to put a little reality into the VA crack. VA saved my life. Two days ago a symptom appeared that might mean my cancer may have returned. I called yesterday and in an hour my physician at VA Austen called me personally and made my appointment with her for today. The Urologist/surgeon personally called me an hour later from Temple to set my appointment with him and another check up procedure for the 8th of July. The new outpatient facility in Austin is a year old and they were using the old facility until a couple of months ago. I was pleased with the old clinic, but the new is truly wonderful. I get better service from VA than even when I used to get a Humana 'caddilac' plan. I have been on VA TriCare for four years. I worked in a VA hospital when I got out in'73. The first day I came home and made my wife promise me not let me die in a VA hospital. What difference 30 years makes. I love my VA medical care and I would want the same level of care provided for anyone and everyone.

Jokes about the President at the expense of dying vets aren't all that funny, but Obama may be responsible for fixing it, he didn't break it. Congress did. And the process has taken years. Even so, its better. MUCH better than it was.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 03:58 pm
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/Y/J/5/borowitz-bush-library.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/w/I/5/bush-propaganda.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:00 pm
@Miller,
I suppose someone has argued that #8 and #7 represented Freudian slips, but they're just minor gaffes that are amusing in context. Not particularly dumb.

#10 and #9 were just inconsiderate, but pretty harmless. It's what sometimes happens when you are the president of the United States and you want to appear cool

#1 and #2 are just two more gaffes and not particularly amusing. No one should believe he actually thought or thinks there are 57 states. The corpsman gaffe was simply due to his heavy reliance on his tele-prompter and an indication that he really didn't even know what he was saying. Not particularly dumb either.

#6 was dumb. It wasn't a slip of the tongue per se, it was him saying something without thinking which is dumb for a president.

#4 was very dumb. This is the president commenting on a situation of which he knew very little, based on a long held bias.

#3 and #5 are not dumb. They are very clear expressions of the way he thinks. It may have been dumb for him to say them where they could be heard, but they sure weren't gaffes, slips of the tongue, or misreading his tele-prompter. A lot of people actually agree with these statements, but they're the same ones who try and tell us he's not leftist or divisive.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:14 pm
@raprap,
Most of these only seem stupid or wrong to you because you don't agree with them. The fact that you came up with 30 of them and Miller only came up with 10 simply indicates that your unidentified source looked longer than her identified source.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
See comment to rap rap, but at least you cited your source.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 09:53 pm
Really Finn? Stop playing into the smegma of liberal thought. They can't deal with Obama so they revert back to tossing out red herrings to survive.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 06:12 am
@McGentrix,
Right.We made that stuff up. But the Obama **** you pulled out of the Bible.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 06:45 am
@McGentrix,
I don't know what your getting at?

I didn't bother to check the veracity of their lists, because I know what I would have found: Many are statements when taken out of context appear stupid, most are statements with which they disagree and only seem dumb to them because of the their beliefs and assumptions, and some of them are accurately reported gaffes, slips of the tongue.

When there is a record of virtually everything you say in public, a few dumb things you said are going to be found. I can't stand Obama, but I don't for a second believe he ever thought there were 57 states, and I don't think he was admitting to Stephanopolus that he was a Muslim. If I did, then I would be like rap rap and bobsal.

Trying to make Obama out to be a dolt is playing the liberal game. He's a lot of things, but he's not a dolt.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 06:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Fair enough.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 06:02 am
John Boehner Quotes

asswipe

Bad Economic Times

“The only way to get our economy going again and solve
our budget problems is to get the economy moving.”
John Boehner
Source:http://stupidest.com/the-stupidest-not-terribly-helpful-how-
to-fix-the-economy-tip-senatorial/

Big Tobacco

Boehner is caught red-handed in an amazing act of corruption,
and his biggest critics are fellow Republicans.

Boehner: Mine asked me to give out a half dozen checks quickly
before we got to the end of the month and I complied. I did it on
the House floor which I regret and I should not have done, it's not
a violation of the House rules, but it's a practice that's gone on
here for a long time.
Were the checks from tobacco companies?
Boehner: Ahh, I think if my memory serves me correctly,
I think it was a tobacco company, yes.

CIA

It’s hard for me to imagine, that anyone in the intelligence areas
would mislead us.”
John Boehner
Source:http://stoopidpoliticians.com/john-boehner/

Declaration of Independence

“…stand here with our Founding Fathers, who wrote in the pre-amble:
‘We hold these truths to be self evident …“
Tea Party rally, but the quote is from the Declaration of Independence
John Boehner
Source:http://stoopidpoliticians.com/john-boehner/

Our Job

It’s not my job to tell the American people what to think. Our job in
Washington is to listen to the American people.”
John Boehner
Source:http://nanobotswillenslaveusall.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/
john-boehner-is-standing-up-for-the-stupid-guy/

Prick

Burning Tree Golf Club

To become a member of the male-only Burning Tree Golf Club,
Republican House Speaker John Boehner paid a $75,000 initiation fee,
and he continues to pay $6,000 per year in dues.
Source:http://blog.syracuse.com/opinion/2012/02
/women_below_par_for_leaders_of.html

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 06:03 am

Trent Lott Questioned by the Observer, London England, January 2001

Do you think it is fair that President Clinton is being accused of not
preventing the attack on the USS Cole?

LOTT: Well, in reality that is the way it is in America
and it is what makes us a great nation. True leaders must
handle difficult situations or have competent people
who handle those situations.
Sources did give information of a general nature to the
Administration and it is obvious that an attack still occured.
This is a more 'impeachable' offense than what was brought
before the Congress.
Fortunately, George Bush will in just a few days become
our President.
I can assure you that such situations will not be
mishandled by his Administration.
However general the information might be, the President-elect
will act with authority to prevent such tragedies.

And then there was 9-11-2001

Bush said he'd catch Osama bin Laden Dead or Alive!
He never did. President Obama did that. In fact, Bush lead us into two wars in eight years
and never broght them to an end. He is the only President to do that.
Abe ended the Civil War in that time period.
Mckinley ended the Spanish American War in that time.
Wilson ened WWI in that time.
FDR ended WWII in that time.
Bush 1 ended the Gulf War in that time.

"Sometimes things aren't exactly black and white when it comes to accounting procedures." George Bush Jr. 7-8-2002

0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 08:38 am
@bobsal u1553115,
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001.

Maybe in Tenn, but never in Chicago, Illinois!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 09:14 am
Since everyone is off topic, how about some gems from Bela Pelosi,

“Every week we don’t pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs."

I’m confident…I’m hopeful that we’ll have a (health care) bill as a Christmas present for the American people.

You go through the gate. If the gate’s closed, you go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we’ll pole-vault in. If that doesn’t work, we’ll parachute in. But we’re going to get health care reform passed for the American people.

"We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it."

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 10:11 am
@woiyo,
I'll cut some slack for most politicians when it comes to gaffes, but this woman has to be the biggest idiot in DC. It seems like every time she opens her mouth, absolute nonsense pours out. She must have some political skill to have risen to the Speakership, but she is a flat out past her prime bimbo.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 03:03 pm
Ted Cruz is known as a right-wing troublemaker, but he is tame compared to his dad. Here are a few of the craziest things Rafael Cruz has uttered on public stages in the last year.

Texas’ junior senator and 2016 presidential prospect, Ted Cruz, has made quite a conservative name for himself in a year. Just last month, he helped to engineer a government shutdown and won the far right-wing Values Voter Summit straw poll.

His father, Rafael Cruz, is just as much of a troublemaker but may turn out to be more of a hindrance than a help in the senator’s presidential bid. An evangelical Texas pastor armed with an inspirational (though questioned) story of escaping Cuba’s Castro regime, he often speaks to the religious and conservative base. And he doesn’t shy away from the controversial.

A Cruz spokesman told Mother Jones, “Pastor Cruz does not speak for the senator.” But after hearing the elder Cruz speak earlier this year, Glenn Beck said, “It’s easy to see that the fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree in the Cruz household.”

Based on Pastor Cruz’s words, that fruit is bitter. In the last year, Rafael Cruz has given dozens of speeches and interviews that make some far out, often offensive assertions. The Daily Beast collected some of his craziest quotes and sentiments.

Claim: Marxist Obama should go “back to Kenya.”
September 12, 2012
North Texas Tea Party Meeting

Rafael Cruz had a birther moment last year at a gathering of Texas Tea Partiers. “We have our work cut out for us,” he said. “We need to send Barack Obama back to Chicago. I’d like to send him back to Kenya, back to Indonesia.” He went on to say, “We have to unmask this man. This is a man that seeks to destroy all concept of God. And I will tell you what, this is classical Marxist philosophy. Karl Marx very clearly said Marxism requires that we destroy God because government must become God.”

Claim: The government is going to take all of your money and Obama has no problem with murder.
April 25, 2013
Hood County, Texas

In a speech before the local Tea Party, Cruz likened the United States under President Obama to Cuba under Castro, warned that the Obamacare “death panels” are coming, and said the government, which he called a “wicked rule,” wants to confiscate “our fortunes.”

Cruz went on to lie about Obama’s record on abortion. “Do you realize,” he asked a room of conservatives, “the first bill President Obama signed into law was to legalize third trimester abortions?” Then, referring to Kermit Gosnell, the abortion provider convicted of murdering babies this year, Cruz said, Obama “probably doesn’t have any problem with what this butcher in Philadelphia is doing.”

Claim: Barack Obama is just like Fidel Castro.
July 5, 2013
FreedomWorks’ Free the People Event, Salt Lake City, Utah

In his State of the Union address, Obama said that if Congress refused to act on climate change, he would “direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change, and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy.” These words, Cruz said, are “the most ominous words I’ve ever heard.” Over shouts of “Tyranny!” Cruz said, “Not much different than that old bearded friend that I left behind in Cuba, governing by decree, by executive order, just like a dictator, like Fidel Castro.”

Claim: The media is evil and wants to destroy this country.
October 17, 2013
Interview with Glenn Beck

Rafael Cruz told Glenn Beck that the U.S. has its very own “ministry of misinformation” that governments in communist countries like Cuba employ to spread their messages. That propaganda machine, he said, is the liberal media. “They just tell us what they want us to hear. They are rewriting history…because they have an agenda. And unfortunately the agenda is an evil agenda. It’s an agenda for destroying what this country is all about,” he said.

Claim: Gay marriage is a government conspiracy.
August 10, 2013
Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa

Gay marriage, Cruz asserts, is a government plot to destroy the family and institute its socialist agenda. “Socialism requires that government becomes your god. That’s why they have to destroy the concept of God. They have to destroy all loyalties except loyalty to the government. That’s what’s behind homosexual marriage. It’s really more about the destruction of the traditional family than about exalting homosexuality, because you need to destroy, also, loyalty to the family.”

Claim: Our enemies control our energy.
October 19, 2012
Grassroots America We the People (GAWTP), Tyler, Texas

Because of Obama’s excessive regulation, Cruz says “the oil industry is stifled” and claims, “We are buying 40 percent of our oil from our enemies…Our enemies control the energy that we use or do not use.” And they have the power, he said, “to shut down the valves and bring us to our knees.” In truth, while the U.S. does rely on foreign sources for about 40 percent of our oil, about half of that amount comes from the Western Hemisphere, and the largest supplier is our ally, Canada, according to the Energy Information Administration.
0 Replies