What Causes Wrinkles?

Tue 24 Jun, 2014 04:11 am
Curious to know this because i have not even crossed the age of 40 & already my skin looks tired, the muscles have loosen up. I seem aged so i am worried now.

Ragman

Tue 24 Jun, 2014 04:26 am
@Brian123,
Aging/exposure to environment/sun/loss of hormones/loss of collagen production.

Oh yes, and exposure to spam.
0 Replies

Ragman

Tue 24 Jun, 2014 05:52 am
@Brian123,
Furthermore, nothing you ingest..no dietary supplement, face crème, or potion will do a thing about the exposure you've already gotten to the environment, or amount of sleep deprivation, or genetic inheritance. If your skin's aging is not to your liking, get better more restful sleep, eat organic healthy (unprocessed or fried) foods, don't smoke or be around smokers, keep it moisturized and out of the sun/elements and maybe it'll age marginally better with the time you have left.

Oh yes, you can have plastic/cosmetic surgery but sooner or later you'll lose the race to Father Time.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 24 Jun, 2014 06:57 am
What Causes Wrinkles?

Needlessly worrying about the inexorable and inevitable process of aging.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Tue 24 Jun, 2014 04:37 pm
@Brian123,
Brian123 wrote:

Curious to know this because i have not even crossed the age of 40 & already my skin looks tired, the muscles have loosen up. I seem aged so i am worried now.

I cured my wrinkles when I turned 50, by pulling all the loose skin up on top of my head and securing it with an elastic band.

I now look like a peachy smooth twenty year old, balancing a large scone on my noggin.
ossobuco

Tue 24 Jun, 2014 04:40 pm
@Lordyaswas,
The lucky thing is that blank faces, so sweet, become less interesting after you grow up.
0 Replies

pearl123

Mon 21 Nov, 2016 04:11 am
@Brian123,
I also would like to know some tips that I can help my mom to avoid wrinkles on her face...
Lady Sophy

Thu 24 Nov, 2016 06:47 am
@Brian123,
Antioxidants (especially food rich in omega-3 fatty acids) can help your body to defend against free radicals (that cause wrinkles). Proper skin care can also do a lot. Wrinkles that appear at an early age doesn't mean that they will be permanent.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 24 Nov, 2016 07:04 am
I'm 69 now and have, quite without intending for it to happen, developed a remarkable ability to stand in front of a mirror shaving or straightening my tie or brushing my hair all while not seeing my face. It works brilliantly.
0 Replies

Lady Sophy

Thu 24 Nov, 2016 02:49 pm
@pearl123,
I know you didn`t ask me but I must infiltrate in the conversation. There is no magical formula to avoid wrinkles. Best thing you can do is to know your skin type and choose the right products, besides already mentioned stress-free life and healthy food choices. Although I have 31 years I already use anti-aging cream. Since I have sensitive skin, my choices are the brands such as Guinot and Medik8.
0 Replies

chirchri

Mon 22 May, 2017 08:07 pm
@Brian123,
Relax, it s ok to do more excise
demilovato

Thu 25 May, 2017 02:41 am
@chirchri,
I totally agree with you. More exercise and more younger.
VanessaEvans

Fri 26 May, 2017 06:24 am
@demilovato,
Bad skin care habits is one of the main reasons for wrinkle problems.
0 Replies

Tressie Dawson

Thu 18 Jan, 2018 02:49 am
@Brian123,
Hi, More than half of us look older than we really are because we either engage in behaviors that increase our aging, or we do not actively support a more youthful body through inaction. Following things can cause premature aging:
1) Smoking and drinking
2) Sun, cold and moisture
3) Unhealthy diet
4) Stress
5) Not drinking adequate water
In order to deal with these problems one should take care of the skin by following a daily skincare routine along with balanced and healthy diet. One should drink water and should take fruits and vegetables. One can also use a good quality anti aging product.
0 Replies

MelissaKay

Thu 18 Jan, 2018 01:15 pm
@Brian123,
Many many things will cause your wrinkles... genetics, exposure, diet, water intake, etc. I've always been a big moisturizer person... my grandma always told me that is how she kept the wrinkles away. Many men forget about the importance of taking care of their skin! I'm always urging my husband to use moisturizer.
0 Replies