heartbroken grandma

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 07:56 pm
my daughter as taken my grandkids to a mams to live and she as only got with him 3 montgs ago and will not let anyone see them,i have brought these kids up as she was always out,she as also been cruel to these kids an no one woud listen when we told them, help pls
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 694 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 08:08 pm
If the kids want to live with you, you could discuss it with her, perhaps she'd be glad to let you have them..Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 08:19 pm
@kathGIBSON,
If you want access to the kids you HAVE to maintain a good relationship with your daughter, even when you question the decisions she's making.

Be nice, hold your tongue, keep your opinions to yourself. Welcome your daughter, her boyfriend, and the kids into your home. That's the only way you'll be able to keep an eye on things. Feeling supported will help your daughter make better decisions.

Call CPS is you suspect abuse or neglect. Keep in mind that CPS's idea of abuse and neglect might be vastly different from your own. If your daughter thinks your being spiteful you can be assured of not seeing the kids for a long, long time.

You might have raised these kids but you also raised your daughter. Do you think you did a good job with her? If so, you have to trust her to raise her own kids. People most often repeat the way they were raised when parenting their own kids.
0 Replies

SteveJackson

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 08:59 pm
@kathGIBSON,
I agree with Romeo's opinion. You and your daughter should talk about this matter seriously. It's for the own sake of your grandkids. I hope that your daughter will be enlightened and will understand the situation.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 02:59 pm
Be patient. Give her another 3 months.

After that, the man will probably insist that the kids go visit grandma once in a while.

0 Replies