Mobile

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 07:13 am
I have a samsung 6102 handset. I have a big problem with it. Some days ago i notiched that when charger is installed, my phone is getting heated. It takes long time to charge than before. After turning of my phone for few hours i notice that the temperature of battery did not cood down. And then i turn on my phone and see that the charge is getting down from 80 percent to 20 percent. Why it happen?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,518 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 08:33 am
@amitaditya04,
You probably need a new battery. How old is the battery? When there's heat due to overheating, that's a really bad sign. Maybe there's a problem with the charger?

Typically the battery has a lifetime of about 3-4 yrs, unless something is causing it drain prematurely. That can vary, depending on how often you allow the screen to stay on or allow applications to run in background.

Something is causing it be closer to the end of it's life...either age..or something in the phone is draining it beyond the norm.

Quote:
After turning of my phone for few hours i notice that the temperature of battery did not cood down

If it's not cooling down after it's been off, you need to bring it a repair place or change to a new phone.

If you're in USA, I'd say the best thing would be to bring it to an telephone electronics store..or wherever you bought it and have them fix it. For example, in my case, my carrier is Verizon where I bought the phone so I'd go to a Verizon store and get it fixed.
0 Replies

shimply

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 12:54 am
@amitaditya04,
All of sudden battery discharging is quite common in smartphone, avoid using phone while charging and personally i think that never ever turn on wifi or data while charging as it increase heating to a greater extent.for better support you can contact with your nearest service center.
0 Replies