Does political correcteness weaken the fabric of a nation?

neologist

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 11:07 am
@neologist,
Or not. Neutral
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 05:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Over here that's called corruption. We don't want our police officers to be in the pockets of individuals, helping to cover up crimes, selling on classified information, giving their paymasters a heads up when a raid is about to be carried out.

I was providing security, its called "chiefs overtime" and most time it's done in uniform, you simpleton.
I cant help it if your police cant be trusted not to go on the take...hell I can understand that given they cant be trusted with a pistol.
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 06:56 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
I beg to differ with you...I've seen it work. As a matter of fact, a common practice in the retail trade is if you have a problem customer having him arrested for trespass is a great way to fend off a law suit by the individual. Getting a conviction is easy. And then he is now a criminal and his credibilty sucks and looks like the only reason he filed was to retaliate...works like a charm.

You can't arrest someone for trespassing during business hours. The person would have to be on your premises after the retail was closed wthout permission.
Kolyo

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 12:40 pm
@giujohn,
BOOKMARK

giujohn wrote:

For having someone removed from my shop? I dont think so, especailly since I would be the one calling the law. I would bold face lie to the camera saying the person was threatening I wouldnt admit to them saying anything about being gay. I would fein ignorance. And when they tell their story it will seem more like they are making it all up

This tells everyone here all they need to know about your credibility, honesty and integrity.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 02:37 pm
@argome321,
Gooey's just touting his services as a corrupt cop. For the right price he'll fit anyone up, dispose of evidence, plant evidence, bury bodies, dig up bodies, whatever you want. Just don't expect him to arrest a guilty man, there's no money in it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 02:39 pm
@argome321,
If you tell someone to leave the property and they refuse, they are trespassing. That situation is treated very lightly by the law, but it is trespass.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 05:19 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

That situation is treated very lightly by the law,

Unless they're in your pocket, then they're like a dog with a bone.
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 06:10 pm
@roger,
Quote:
If you tell someone to leave the property and they refuse, they are trespassing. That situation is treated very lightly by the law, but it is trespass.

Unless they are stealing or breaking the law you can't in retail ask someone to leave without cause, at least in NY state. It would leave you open to a suit. I don't think successful business would work that way. You're license to serve the public.

Quote:
Burglary in the Third Degree (Penal Law Section 140.20) “Trespass-Notice Burglaries” explained by Criminal Defense Lawyer
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011
One very common charge in New York for repeat shoplifters is Burglary in the Third Degree (Penal Law Section 140.20). A person is guilty of this Class D felony when he knowingly or unlawfully enters or remains in a building with intent to commit a crime therein. Penal Law Section 140.00[5] provides the definition of “enter or remain unlawfully in a building”: A person “enters or remains unlawfully” in or upon premises when he is not licensed or privileged to
do so. A person who, regardless of his intent, enters or remains in or upon premises which are at the time open to the public does so with license and privilege unless he defies a lawful order not to enter or remain, personally communicated to him by the owner of such premises or other authorized person.

http://newyorkcriminaldefenseblawg.com/tag/trespass-notice/
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 06:32 pm
This hypothetical came up in conversation today:

Should a gay printer be forced to print signs for the Westboro Baptist Church's anti gay demonstrations?
argome321

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 06:47 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
This hypothetical came up in conversation today:

Should a gay printer be forced to print signs for the Westboro Baptist Church's anti gay demonstrations?

Do you think the question of his sexuality will come up while discussing business? Just take the churches money avoid all the rest. If he takes the money they will be supporting gay business is one way to look at it.
And I would use that as advertisement. LOL

He may deem it as like I disagree with what you say but I'll defend your right to say it. Though I doubt the printer would think that.

Get the money I say LOL
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:39 pm
@Kolyo,
Quote:
This tells everyone here all they need to know about your credibility, honesty and integrity.

You fight fire with fire...like the lgbt community has integrity when they target a christain bakery...I dont see them doing that to a muslim owned store...have you???
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 09:51 pm
@neologist,
I'm sure they'd be delighted to take money from WBC.

Now - can we force WBC to take their work to a lgbtq-owned printshop?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 10:59 am
This is highly offensive speech that should not be tolerated??

Quote:
This editorial is what is wrong. The Democrats are an alliance of Westchester and Harlem, of Montgomery County and intercity Baltimore. Westchester and Montgomery get a Citigroup asset stimulus policy that triples the market. The blacks get a decline in wages after inflation.
But the blacks get symbolic recognition in an utterly incompetent mayor who handled this so badly from beginning to end that her resignation would be demanded if she were white. The blacks get awful editorials like this that tell them to feel sorry for themselves.

In 1965 the Asians were discriminated against as least as badly as blacks. That was reflected in the word "colored." The racism against what even Eleanor Roosevelt called the yellow races was at least as bad.

So where are the editorials that say racism doomed the Asian-Americans. They didn't feel sorry for themselves, but worked doubly hard.

I am a professor at Duke University. Every Asian student has a very simple old American first name that symbolizes their desire for integration. Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration. The amount of Asian-white dating is enormous and so surely will be the intermarriage. Black-white dating is almost non-existent because of the ostracism by blacks of anyone who dates a white.

It was appropriate that a Chinese design won the competition for the Martin Luther King state (sic). King helped them overcome. The blacks followed Malcolm X

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jerry-hough-duke-professor-blacks-integration

This ranks right up there with not being allowed to say that blacks are better athletes because of their genetics....speaking apparent truth should always be OK, no exceptions.
0 Replies