For the dems, who is there besides Hillary?

Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 09:41 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
OK. Do you apply the same standards to the ongoing IRS investigations of attempts at exposing an obvious coverup over Benghazi.

Yes.

georgeob1 wrote:
Both were far more serious than the congestion on the GW bridge off ramp,

No.
JTT

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 09:51 pm
@Thomas,
Your usual eloquence, Thomas.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 11:53 pm
http://soopermexican.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/hillary-clinton-answering-cell-SMALL.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 01:44 pm
Desperate Fox Teapublicans

Fox News guest: Bill Clinton plotted using own death to make Hillary president

By David Edwards
Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:24 EDT
google plus icon
Ed Klein speaks to Fox News

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/fox_ff_klein_140624c-615x345.jpg

An author who Fox News hosts insisted had “impeccable” sources told the network on Tuesday that former President Bill Clinton had considered using his own death to help Hillary Clinton win the presidency.

While hyping his new book, Blood Feud: The Clintons Vs. The Obamas, Ed Klein explained to the hosts of Fox & Friends that he was expecting some “blowback” as retaliation from Bill and Hillary Clinton.

“They always say it’s not true,” he noted. “People ask me, ‘How do you get these sources to talk to you?’ And there’s a couple of answers. One is they like to boast about their connections to people at high levels. Number two, they want to get their story out.”

Host Steve Doocy remarked that Klein’s “sources are impeccable,” and that he had even talked to the household help after one of the Obamas’ vacations at Martha’s Vineyard.

“They told me that the Obamas had separate bedrooms, that the president smoked in bed, that he ate Murdick’s Fudge in bed,” Klein laughed. “It’s an amazing story.”

The author said that he had also learned that Bill Clinton had smiled when he was diagnosed with a “progressive” heart condition because the term sounded liberal.

“And he’s discussed with Hillary, according to people who were in the room with them when he did it, what would happen if he died,” Klein said. “What should Hillary do? And what is said is, ‘Hillary, you should put on widow’s weeds, dress in black, and it would be worth a couple of million votes.”

“I can hear him saying that,” Doocy laughed.

“You almost can, for sure,” co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck agreed.

Although Klein argued that he had never been sued, his 2005 book, The Truth About Hillary was panned by critics for being “poorly researched, poorly written, poorly sourced.”

Among other things, the author suggested that Hillary Clinton was a lesbian, and she was raped by then-Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton (D) when they conceived their daughter Chelsea.

Just a day before Klein’s Tuesday interview, the Fox & Friends hosts had been skeptical of his assertions.

“Now, who is his source? Chelsea? I mean, how would you possibly get in between them?” co-host Brian Kilmeade asked.

Watch the video below from Fox News’ Fox & Friends, broadcast June 24, 2014.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 01:55 pm
Quote:
Clinton Snaps at Reporter: “It’s my turn…I deserve it”

Quote:
I started asking Ms. Clinton questions. Mostly policy stuff, really focused on immigration. She was responding, but seemed a little off. I figured she was just distracted and didn’t feel like it was worth her time. I kept going, but was starting to get frustrated. I decided I would ask her something I hadn’t really planned on. I said, ‘Ms. Clinton, some have suggested that you aren’t healthy enough or are too old to pursue the presidency. Do you have a comment on that?’. I knew I had crossed a line for her right away. She snapped back, ‘It’s my turn. I’ve done my time, and I deserve it.’ Then she stormed off. After she left, one of her handlers came up to me and told me he would need the recording of our interview and that it was now ‘off the record’. I was shocked and disappointed, but it was clear that it wasn’t a negotiation.

http://nationalreport.net/clinton-snaps-reporter-turn-deserve/
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 02:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Klein's book contains what would be bombshells if they could be proven, but he doesn't have a whole lot of credibility. I fully expected liberal critics to pan his last book, but Jim Geraghty and John Podhoretz did too. I had no desire to read it anymore than I do this one.

From excerpts you can tell it's little more than gossip mongering, and if the stuff can't be substantiated, that's all it is: gossip.

I have to say though that while the actual quotes may have been fabricated or manipulated, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Obama and the Clintons are not bosom buddies.

More than one source has reported that Bill Clinton was furious when the Obama campaign fomented talk about how comments he made during the primaries were racist. Bill may, in his heart admit to being a lot of things: philanderer, liar...but one thing we can be sure of is that he doesn't think he's a racist and quite the contrary. I'm sure he loved being referred to as the first black president. Plus, he's not a racist. Still, it seemed to hit him where it hurt and I doubt he forgot it.

I wouldn't be surprised either if Obama's support for Hillary (should she run for the nomination) is tepid. He's a great campaigner for himself, but not so much for other Democrats. No doubt Bill thinks Obama owes him for his support in 2012 (and he does), but good luck on cashing in on that debt.

Say what you will about Slick Willy, he's a corker and a whole lot more likeable than O.

This has to be the all time greatest photo of two presidents together

http://whatstrending.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/34_politics002-drew-angerer-edited-580.jpg
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 03:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised either if Obama's support for Hillary (should she run for the nomination) is tepid.
It looks like Obama is going to go out like Shrub, the D candidate will do their best to make sure that Obama is never with in 100 miles of a campaign stop.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 10:31 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I took that as the jest it was meant as.

Warner added to 'consider' list (aka, read more)

Just to be clear, I would never vote for Warner and that may be all you need to read to know you would.

I also don't think he would make it our of the primaries if decided to put his hat in the ring, but he's one of the 10 or 12 possibilities that early breaking pundits usually throw around as the "most likely."

He's the most pro-business of the group which is why I endorsed him with Thomas's rhetorical gun to my head, but everything is relative, and I would never describe him as conservative. In my opinion he's more like Bill Clinton (ideologically) than Hillary is, although there seems to be at least one person in this thread who thinks Bill is to the left of his wife. It's funny that she developed a reputation as a Hawk. It's won't help her with the Right, but it seems to hurt her with the Left.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 10:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Well I am glad you finally got around to doing so.

Just not as pithy as you Frank.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 04:31 pm
Bringing this jewel up for references.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 08:33 pm
Sanders Surges, Clinton Sags in U.S. Favorability
Source: Gallup

PRINCETON, N.J. -- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders' favorable rating among Americans has doubled since Gallup's initial reading in March, rising to 24% from 12% as he has become better known. Hillary Clinton's rating has slipped to 43% from 48% in April. At the same time, Clinton's unfavorable rating increased to 46%, tilting her image negative and producing her worst net favorable score since December 2007.

Sanders' increased favorability reflects the broader increase in the public's familiarity with him since March. Overall, 44% of Americans are able to rate him today, up from 24% in March. Not only has the percentage viewing him favorably increased, but also the percentage viewing him unfavorably has risen, up eight percentage points to 20%.

Read more: http://www.gallup.com/poll/184346/sanders-surges-clinton-sags-favorability.aspx
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 08:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Sanders cant win, but he is notice to the D's that if the R's manage to put anyone even halfway OK then they are completely fucked.
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 10:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Sanders cant win, but he is notice to the D's that if the R's manage to put anyone even halfway OK then they are completely fucked.

Yes. Just as I predicted in 2013. The Democrats are just going to find themselves losing the 2016 election no matter what they do.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 12:11 pm
@oralloy,
It isn't as if you haven't been terribly wrong before.

Bernie is here to put Hillary Clinton on notice: Bill's GOP lite was needed and her GOP lite isn't.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2015 12:52 pm
@Lash,
I've just reread it..

Meantime, I'm glad Finn is back lately. I should probably mention I voted for Jesse Jackson, Sr. for president once, in a primary. Don't ask me the year/'80's. He'll savor that news. (Hi, Finn)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think its the National Enquirer of political journalism. Its hard to believe how many people read that crap uncritically. I post that stuff to show how of the tracks the campaign against Hillary will get.

She's not my favorite politician but she doesn't deserve the stuff some people knit out of whole cloth.

No doubt about it, the President doesn't seem to campaign for others very intensely.

And if Bill could run again not only would I vote for him,but there are a lot of Republicans who would, too.

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
No doubt about it, the President doesn't seem to campaign for others very intensely.

At this point he is not wanted, but I dont think that he ever cared much for the party, or the other people in it. This guy flies solo.

Quote:
She's not my favorite politician but she doesn't deserve the stuff some people knit out of whole cloth.
As with The Professor the dislike she gets is well earned.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 08:14 am
@hawkeye10,
Pretty much agree with you. She definitely draws a lot of fire.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 09:23 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

It looks like Obama is going to go out like Shrub, the D candidate will do their best to make sure that Obama is never with in 100 miles of a campaign stop.

I doubt that. I think the Gore lesson was well learned, but we will see. The President is clearly not going to endorse before the primaries are out, but I expect him to campaign enthusiastically, if only to highlight his own administration's accomplishments.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 03:30 pm
@engineer,
Having never done the party building work Obama does not have the power to get an invite just because he wants it.
0 Replies