Wife's affair with my good friend next door neighbor

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 06:43 am
This may be long, please read and advise. My wife of 20 years and 3 wonderful kids got caught having an affair with my next door neighbor and really good friend who was married for 32 years. After many deniles, the truth came out. My wife stated she wanted to repair our marriage. She placed the blame of the affair and all the problems of our marriage at my feet. I was walking around on eggshells for over a year and a half. During this time, things were never the same and my wife grew more distant and downright mean to me. My next door neighbor and his wife seemed to be having issues as well. It seems as if the affair had ripped apart our marriages. Well, after a year and a half, my wife asks for a divorce. Just 2 days later my neighbor puts a for sale sign in his yard and had filed for divorce from his wife of 32 years. He sales his house and moves in to an apartment nearby. His wife moves out of town. My wife stayed in our house with me for 2 more months then, "had to get out", so I knew something was up. I found out where my neighbor had moved and asked my soon to be x wife to please not move in to those apartments. she was very cold and mean and said that she would moe anywhere she wanted. He moved in to his apartment in may. My wife then proceeded to move in to the same apartment complex as he, and only about 50 feet from his apartment in august. Our divorce was final in September. Sure enough come march, just 6 months after our divorce, they are publicly seen dating. She even told our 3 children that she was seeing him.. All along she denied (from since the affair was discovered during our marriage up until she went public), that she was seeing him. I found out that He had told his daughter that they had started seeing each other again in september, the same month our divorce was final, and just 1 month after she moved out of our home. Now in june she announces she is taking him on a 10 day trip to Arizona to see her dad. She didn't take our daughter (age 15), or any of my grown children, just him and her. I am devastated . This affair obviously never ended completely and my wife was willing to destroy our marriage of 20 years and his of 32 years. My 3 children are not happy at all with what thier mother is doing, and I know his family is feeling the same. I cant believe my wife, who we shared everything and started from nothing to having a nice house in a nice neighborhood and 3 wonderful kids and great careers, would do this. He bought property back in march and is building a house there. I found out that during their affair, my wife would have him at my house during our parties and get togethers with friends. She had put me on the couch for 12 weeks under the guise that we were having problems, while all along she was texting him from our bedroom. I could go on and on about the level of deceit, betrayal, and lies. This is not the woman i married, or the woman i had lived with for 21 years. My questions is, Will she snap out of it, or am I just hopefully wishing she would come to her senses?. This has got me so hurt, I feel as if my heart was ripped out and stomped on. She states that she has did nothing wrong and for me to just move on. She has shown no grief of our marriage or our 21 years together at all, while I am a complete mess. Please give me some advice...

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 07:20 am
@ripped29,
Get custody of your children and get some counseling, because you are going to have to deal with her, like it or not. I know you're angry (and you have every right to be), but dwelling on it is not going to do you any good.

Take care of your children, and take care of yourself, and be glad that she is gone, because I bet when she has problems with him, she'll chase someone else.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 08:14 am
@ripped29,
I certainly sympathize with everything you have gone through with this woman. So keep that in mind as you read my post.

The marriage is over. Ruminating on why she did what she did or what she is doing now and with whom she is doing it is of no value to you. The only thing she is right about is telling you that you need to move on. You do. She is not coming back. Once the divorce was final she was and is free to do whatever with whomever. Just as you are.

So, take care of your daughter. Take care of yourself and go out and be happy. It will take some time to get over what has happened, but the only way to do so is to stop dwelling on her and why she did this. No sense you being miserable for years because of her actions.

I wish you good luck. I really do.
0 Replies

Midlife disaster

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 01:19 am
@ripped29,
My wife did the same thing. The only difference is his wife was dying of cancer while my wife was having an affair with him. It is really disgusting. I've realized now that I deserve much better than she could ever offer me anyway.
Your statement that she is not the woman you married is right on. She isn't and she never will be again. What once was, is over, and unrepairable. If your honest with yourself I think you'll agree after the emotional hell and turmoil she has put you and your children through you could never trust her again. Atleast I couldn't. I think we will both be relieved when one day we meet somebody that can be a true, honest, faithful partner that everyone is deserving of.
Realize there are plenty of healthy women out there you could trust, she's just not one of them. Atleast not anymore.
Good luck, God bless you and your children
0 Replies