The Story about my Experience that could mean God exists.

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 03:49 am
I will describe my experience in tight package, so this will not be long. The first feeling came, when i was 15 years old. Im from finland, and here our people is not so posivite on religion. So the summer break started from school, and we went to holiday on our second house close to Russians border(Ilomantsi). The place is so relaxing, Quiet, and you can be there on nature, quiet, staring the campfire on nights. It was almost morning, when i was drinking my limonade, and i was thinking about, does god exist? is there any kind of god up there, or will we die and will our soul vanish same time? Then, i asked it. On my mind of course. "God, If You are there, show me something, so i can believe in You on rest of my life". I was alone then on the kitchen. Still yet nothing happened. It was very calm day, no winds on whole day. I asked then again, "If You are really there, show your power, and blow the wind that curtains sticks to roof". Then, it happened. HUGE wind came inside, the courtains wooshed on the air, and sticked to roof like 5 seconds. I had totally goosebumps, and i was thinking that can this be real? Went to sleep after what happened, and i felt very happy, relaxed. Now im 18 years old, telling this story, since i havent told it to nobody, expect my family. Thank you, and God Bless you all. And no, im not those guys who comes to your door telling something about God. Im just regular guy, telling what i saw that day.

timur

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 04:53 am
You saw a coincidence between a thought and an atmospheric event.

Statistically, the odds for that are quite higher than for god's existence...
roger

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 04:57 am
@timur,
There are statistics on the existence of god? Anyway, I would almost bet none of the actuaries ended up in heaven, and the numbers might be somewhat skewed.
timur

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 05:03 am
@roger,
Well, before someone is going to nitpick about it, this was what I meant, Roger:

Wiki wrote:
Unwin argues that a mathematical equation developed by Thomas Bayes can be used to calculate the probability that God exists.

Source
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 05:04 am
Could i interest you in the purchase of a bridge?
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:58 am
@Jonetski,
It was a coincidence. There is no evidence of any god existing. And if a god did exist why do you think he'd consider your prayer to make the wind blow more important than the prayers of all the people who are sick, dying, hungry, in danger... Why do you think he ignores their prayers and not yours? If you think your god does only listen to you please pray for world peace and an end to childhood cancer or something more useful than making the wind blow.
If that doesn't work try getting a little perspective. Please watch this video right until the end - there is a message for you...

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 08:08 am
That was pretty damned entertaining . . .
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 08:34 am
@Jonetski,
Who says G*d doesn't or can't work through coincidence? How your faith is confirmed can only be in your eyes, because faith is personal and needs no approval by skeptical or unbelieving others. I see all the evidence of G*d I need every single day.

Don't be tempted to judge others in their journey.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 08:49 am
Quote:
Jonetski said: Then, it happened. HUGE wind came inside, the courtains wooshed on the air, and sticked to roof like 5 seconds

Good for you mate, now pray for a load of cash and tell us what happens..Smile
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 09:29 am
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:
. . .why do you think he'd consider your prayer to make the wind blow more important than the prayers of all the people who are sick, dying, hungry, in danger... Why do you think he ignores their prayers and not yours?
Well spoken.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 09:36 am
@Jonetski,
U might like to explore this website:
www.IANDS.org

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 10:22 am
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahaha . . .
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 10:33 am
Hey Jonetski if you can regularly perform that blowing curtains stunt you can win big money..Smile-

"At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event"
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
0 Replies

Jonetski

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 11:19 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Very Happy great feedback folks, there is of course possibility to be coincidence. But thats what i have never felt before. But will see when the time comes to go. Scientificly my experience is of course just coincidence, but you all know, its all about believing or not.
0 Replies

Jonetski

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 11:27 am
@Pearlylustre,
And yes, im interested too in the universe, and its existence. our mankind life is so tiny compared to universe age, and all the theories about big bang, nobody can really prove 100% sure that big bang happened. there is many theories of big bang, like religions. Both of those, its all about what you believe.
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 11:32 am
@Jonetski,
Jonetski wrote:
. . . its all about what you believe.
Are you saying there is no truth that may controvert our beliefs?
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 06:00 pm
@Jonetski,
No, there's a big difference between theories about the big bang and religion - one's based on evidence and one's based on ancient mythology. But that wasn't the point of my post. The point of the post was that - whatever it's origins - the universe is pretty big and you are just a tiny, weeny little spec of animated dust and the universe doesn't care about you enough to make the wind blow on demand. I'm not a meteorologist but I'm sure there is a lot of information on the internet about what does make the wind blow the way it does if you want to have a look.
And I note that you didn't comment on my main point that if there were a god he would have bigger concerns than your curtain but he clearly isn't bothered. You don't have any thoughts about that?
We hear so many good things about the Finnish education system ...I'm disappointed.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 08:54 pm
@Pearlylustre,
I believe the big bang happened. I am not one to claim that G*d wouldn't use the big bang. I think the big bang only helps prove G*d.
0 Replies

Jonetski

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 02:29 am
@Pearlylustre,
umm whats this shitstorm? This topics idea wasnt to insult people. Please go, theres the door. Big Bang is related to God himself if you didnt know. But theres two sides, respect the both and dont be so hatred about it.
Jonetski

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 02:34 am
@Pearlylustre,
And this have nothing to do with finnish education system, very stupid to even think so. this was my own experience. Dont hate everyone who believes in God, i have done nothing wrong to you. Thanks!