Following familial acting patterns

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 11:38 pm
I am a little bit low right now.

My worst nightmare had been confirmed. My wife is bluntly cheating on me.

I am currently on a plan to take action about it. Putting everything in order to get into one of the worst experiences someone can have. A divorce.

Her affair had been confirmed to be emotional and sexual. So my plan has been set. The reason why i make this thread is not her affair. I had already decided what i will do. The motif is quite different.

I am intrigued for how we humans tend to repeat our familial paterns. Sometimes to some people that is inevitable. I am currently taking this vertiginous train of thought. I will explain further.

I come from a broken family i was a teenager. My father simply leave the house because of his affair. He decided to live with his lover and leaved my mother to fend herself with 3 kids. I had high grades and managed to obtain very good scholarships to complete my college education. I ended up a mess, i suffer a lot beside my family. I promised myself to seek happiness with a woman to whom i will be forever hers. And do whatever i could from my part to make things work. At almost 6 years of marriage i have not cheated even once not even as a joke. I am the first doctor of my family, i had surpassed the income my parents ever had and i have the best social stability of both my motherĀ“s and fatherĀ“s family.

My wife came from a troubled family. His father was a patriarch, macho, misoginstic, uneducated, ignorant, and authoritative man. He ruled his home with iron hand. And cheated on her wife for 8 years. My mother in law never leaved him, just to be separated by his death. When i knew the story and married her i belived that she was my equal, that she decided to grow to something different. I am the opposite to everything his father was. Even phisically. And then i found out she is cheating with a man similar to his father.

VERY IMPORTANT. I am attempting to begin an opinion, and personal experience debte.

I am not interested in psychological theories (no Aedipus complex crap), or anthrolopogic studies, or relation between genes and behavior. I had already read all that stuff trying to understand my wife. I am interested in the humanistic aspect. Your feelings and experiences.

Thanks to all those who had recieved me in this site. I am very happy to be your partner. I will appreciate any story that can help me UNDERSTAND.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,873 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 07:14 am
What's to understand?

Her family is her family. At a certain point, people have to grow up and say, "You know, my background was bad, but I am an adult and therefore I am responsible for my own actions."

She is responsible for what she did, and I am sorry that you're going through this. But ... whatevs. It does not matter why she did any of this; it just matters that she did.

It happened, your marriage is in the process of being over and it's time to start the healing process, yes? And I think that doesn't involve dubious understandings or closure or whatever. I think it involves distancing yourself from her drama, taking care of yourself emotionally and financially, and maybe even going on a vacation and clearing your head a bit - and probably seeking counseling so that you can get perspective from an impartial observer.

And treat yourself well, okay?
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 07:18 am
@luismtzzz,
First and foremost I am sorry that you are going through this, and I hope the scar over your heart heals. With that being said allow me to shed some personal light as I am currently going through this. Although I'm not married, I happen to be the "other man" in my particular situation. From my situation the main reason why she is cheating on her husband with me is because her husband has become complacent in their marriage. Because she is proactive in her life and he isn't it seems that she is always doing activities by herself and not with her husband.

Because she is older than him, he tends to make comments about her age and so, she feels old, whereas with me commenting on how attractive, young and youthful she looks she gets that emotional stimulation of being complimented on. Her sex life is also not that great as well which she has told me about, not extensively but she insinuates that its simply not that great. What I get from our situation is that her husband has become complacent and when he is active and invites her along it is usually what he wants to do and even those activities (according to her) have become redundant.

So I guess overall to give you an idea as to why she decided to cheat on him was: Complacency, Redundancy, and Lack of Motivation. Although I have since decide to remove myself out of the equation I did suggest to her that she either needed to repair her relationship, or leave.
0 Replies