Fri 6 Jun, 2014 11:39 am
Okay so my girlfriend is 16 and we live in Georgia. She has been wanting to live with her dad in Mobile Alabama, but he has never once paid child support. Her mom never took him to court. She just took care of her on her own. Since he hasn't paid child support can my girlfriend decide to live with him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,218 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed

bobsal u1553115

Fri 6 Jun, 2014 02:38 pm
Ok, so ........... again.
chai2

Fri 6 Jun, 2014 04:09 pm
@Eliharrison56,
Is she of legal age in Georgia to decide where she wants to live?
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 6 Jun, 2014 04:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Ok, so ........... again.

WTF is the problem you have with people saying "so"?

You don't even consider that the person posting has no idea what you're refering to.

The only reason I know is because I see you do it all the time, and you don't even address the persons post.

Knock it off. Saying "so" is perfectly acceptable.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Fri 6 Jun, 2014 04:37 pm
@Eliharrison56,
I believe that in Georgia, a child has to be 14 to be able to decide which parent to reside with.

I would imagine as there is no Child Support in place if her Father is happy to pay her way and have her move in with him it wouldn't matter.

However, I do believe that Child Support ends at 18, so I would imagine if her Mother is upset over this move, she would be able to apply for Child Support but not necessarily stop her from moving, therefore the support I would imagine wouldn't go through as she no longer lives with her. She could request back Child Support perhaps.

Are you worried that her Mother will stand in the way? It seems that her Mother has cared for her all this time, I hope they have a good Bond together as obviously there would have been some tough roads for her, to have done this without your girlfriend's Fathers support.

chai2

Fri 6 Jun, 2014 04:55 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
After I posted FS, I also started wondering if the parents divorced 2 months, 2 years, or 15 years ago.
FOUND SOUL

Fri 6 Jun, 2014 05:48 pm
@chai2,
Good question.

0 Replies

jespah

Fri 6 Jun, 2014 05:59 pm
@Eliharrison56,
I'm scratching my head as to why she would want to.

He has offered her nothing for her support so far. Unless she is being abused by her mother, it seems the acme of foolishness to go and live with someone who has proven, by his deeds, that he won't help to feed or clothe her.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Child support
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:48:08