How do you feel about a membership fee for A2K?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 10:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
A valiant attempt at volley, but the ball still hit the net.

I will leave it to others to draw their conclusion about the veracity
of your claim that you do not consider yourself superior.
I believe that he is superior, Find Abuzz.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 10:53 pm
@Foofie,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

foofie wrote:
Naturally, not always, but who wants to mess with Mother Nature,
or possibly divisive memes?

I don't mind a supercilious comment (How could I? I make them all the time), but if you're going to make them it behooves you to be careful that they don’t backfire on you. In this case you only needed to take a look at the post of yours to which I was responding. Apparently you take your persona’s sense of superiority far too seriously and simply assumed it isn't possible for you to make such an ass of yourself.

Foofie wrote:
Yes, there is an ambiguity of my not liking what I myself do. However, that is my weakness. I do not think I am superior. I have met truly superior people, and accepted my lower talents. It's those that do not know their place in the scheme of things that annoy me. I have also met many people below average. I guess from their perspective I think I am superior.

That is so sad that they do not know their place.
Do u think thay 'd find it emotionally painful, maybe depressing,
to be consciously aware of their inferiority ?

David
Foofie wrote:
In my opinion, the awareness of inferiority oftentimes results in fear.
That results in hostility. In effect, many people are aware of their inferiority,
and are hostile to many that seem superior.
Yes; recent case in point is Elliot Rodger,
judging by his chronicle, autobiografy.

Foofie wrote:
There has been an experiment in Russia to domesticate foxes.
I heard it on NPR radio. Apparently, the fearful/hostile foxes never bred,
and only the foxes and their offspring that were not fearful/hostile were allowed to breed.

The result are foxes that are domesticated. And, domestication correlates to remaining like a non-mature animal. Meaning, the floppy ears of a dog represent young wolf attributes. Someday humans may domesticate themselves and become peace loving?
Yes. Remembering the social errors of my youth,
thay resulted from anxiety; fear of embarrassment.
I wish I 'd been braver in social interaction.

David
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 03:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Good for you OmSigDAVID
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 03:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
FOOFIE QUOTE:

It's those that do not know their place in the scheme of things that annoy me...

... That is so sad that they do not know their place.
..................................................................................................................................
MILLER response:

Why the Wasp-like comments about people "knowing their places"? On more than one thread, Foofie you've demonstrated your hatred of Wasps, and yet, you sound like a Wasp or even a Brahman.

No one in the the World should ever "know their place". They should strive for any place they desire and if folks like you , in your wasp-like persona don't like it, I say "too bad".

Just because YOU know YOUR place, Foofie, doesn't mean everyone else needs to.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 09:01 am
Quote:
Topic title: How do you feel about paying an annual membership fee of about $100/year to join and post on A2K?

This is a good site because the mods are good and don't interfere, but a lot of people don't like the childish voting up and down system, so until it's scrapped I doubt if they'd want to pay anything..Wink
George

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 09:11 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I don't think that the "voting up and down system" is childish,
though it is often used childishly.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 08:57 pm
I was an Admin/Mod/Second in command at the Few Good Men wargaming/military history forum for a few years, running the place myself while the big boss was at work or down the pub, and everything ran smooth as silk, and i was happy to donate regular truckloads of cash.
But then he went bananas and the site went downhill (long story), so I walked out.
The moral?- if we LIKE a site in every way, we're happy to donate..Smile
As I said earlier, I don't like A2K's vote up/down system so call me mean but I don't feel like donating..
roger

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 09:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Fortunately, you haven't been asked.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:53 am
@roger,
Sounds like face-book, how many likes for this post.

I think if people like what someone said, thumb it up why not make someone's day?

I think if someone is deliberately baiting or being an idiot they already know that so surely they expect the thumbs down and then there is this, we are Adults aren't we not children so who cares.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 12:30 pm
Back to the original question, KAK suspects some posters have money problems and she's hoping to use a little cash to quash opinions she's not fond of. Nice try KAK.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 01:08 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
"we are Adults aren't we not children"

Children are more humanly mature than adults. If they were intellectually mature, children > adults every day.

Fact.
0 Replies