All atheists and theists are agnostics?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 08:05 am
Quote:
Cyracuz said: Ask a theist about atheists and agnostics, and they are idiots.

Not necessarily, they might simply have been put off Jesus by idiotic religious crackpots and idiotic pinko-lefty schoolteachers or sadistic nuns and pervy priests..Smile
For example we had a catholic chaplain at school who used to stride around in his long black cassock glaring at us with a face sour as ****, he must have put hundreds of kids off Jesus over the years.
Not me though because I knew he in no way represented Jesus..Smile

(PS- we suspected he was a member of the teachers peedophile ring but we couldn't complain to the headmaster because the head was their ringleader!)
tenderfoot

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 12:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Oh, your God.Stop writing all these jokes about your Jesus... for Christ sake
Germlat

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 07:51 pm
@tenderfoot,
I don't think he's joking.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:45 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Intelligence is usually the thing that puts people off religion. Not unintelligent henchmen.

Quote:
Not me though because I knew he in no way represented Jesus

Based on what? Based on your idea of Jesus, if I may be so bold as to suggest.

Do you suppose a sadistic nun or hateful extremist thinks them selves less righteous for their behavior? Or more?
It's a fair bet most of them see themselves as "right with Jesus". Which suggests that any person's idea of what represents Jesus is rather arbitrary.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 09:57 am
@Cyracuz,
Not only arbitrary, but based on faith that can't be proven. It's based on tricks of the brain that has no rational explanation - overridden by emotion.

A human frailty.
Cyracuz

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 08:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
Frailty indeed.
And it's about emotion, not intellect. That's why it doesn't have to make sense.
Often it is such simple things as certain words that give emotional resonance.
Some call it God, and it makes them feel a part of something they understand. For others the word means nothing and causes feelings of alienation and sometimes even hostility.

With religious belief, how words shape one's emotional state matters more than the actual validity of the concepts of any single belief. God, Allah, Jehova, Spaghettimonster, Nogod... Likely all these concepts are wrong, even the modern and scientific ones.
And I mean wrong in comparison to what people will believe in 200 years, same as much what they believed 200 years ago is wrong today.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 07:19 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: we had a catholic chaplain at school who used to stride around in his long black cassock glaring at us with a face sour as ****, he must have put hundreds of kids off Jesus over the years.
Not me though because I knew he in no way represented Jesus..
Cyracuz replied: Based on what? Based on your idea of Jesus, if I may be so bold as to suggest.

If you think the chaplain represented Jesus, you don't know Jesus..Wink
But in fairness to the chaplain, 95 per cent of all other so-called "christians" don't represent Jesus either and are complete washouts, and they fool a lot of gullible people.
But they can't get under Jesus's radar-
"Not all who call me "Lord,Lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 04:45 am
Yup, Cyracuz...only Romeo knows for certain who is really a Christian and who isn't!

Only he knows who "represents" Jesus and who does not. Wink
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:02 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: only Romeo knows for certain who is really a Christian and who isn't! Only he knows who "represents" Jesus and who does not.

Nah mate, as I've said before only God Himself knows who qualifies as a true christian.
Even Paul said- " My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)

Same as when the snooty priests asked Jesus why he wasted his time with common "riff-raff", he rounded on them with "On yer bikes you bigtime losers!"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-another-runin_zpsd1d47484.jpg~original
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: only Romeo knows for certain who is really a Christian and who isn't! Only he knows who "represents" Jesus and who does not.

Nah mate, as I've said before only God Himself knows who qualifies as a true christian.

Well then why did you write:

Quote:
For example we had a catholic chaplain at school who used to stride around in his long black cassock glaring at us with a face sour as ****, he must have put hundreds of kids off Jesus over the years.
Not me though because I knew he in no way represented Jesus..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:25 am
Quote:
Romeo said about his sour-faced school chaplain: only God Himself knows who qualifies as a true christian.
Frank Apisa asked: Well then why did you write:- he must have put hundreds of kids off Jesus over the years. Not me though because I knew he in no way represented Jesus

Nice try mate, but if you put on your reading glasses you'll see I never said the chaplain wasn't a christian..Smile
He may well be the bees knees in God's eyes for all I know, but what I DO know is that if he's gonna be in heaven I swear to God I don't wanna go..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:32 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said about his sour-faced school chaplain: only God Himself knows who qualifies as a true christian.
Frank Apisa asked: Well then why did you write:- he must have put hundreds of kids off Jesus over the years. Not me though because I knew he in no way represented Jesus

Nice try mate, but if you put on your reading glasses you'll see I never said the chaplain wasn't a christian..Smile
He may well be the bees knees in God's eyes for all I know, but what I DO know is that if he's gonna be in heaven I swear to God I don't wanna go..Smile

Put on your own glasses and read the interactions again.

I was spot on.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:47 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Put on your own glasses and read the interactions again.
I was spot on.

In that case my monitor must be playing up, I can't see anywhere where I said "the chaplain wasn't a christian"..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:50 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Put on your own glasses and read the interactions again.
I was spot on.

In that case my monitor must be playing up, I can't see anywhere where I said "the chaplain wasn't a christian"..Smile

Try wiping the glasses off...and looking at the "represent" part.

But if you really want to weasel out of the mess...do it. What the heck!
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 12:19 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said to me: Try wiping the glasses off...and looking at the "represent" part.
But if you really want to weasel out of the mess...do it. What the heck!

That's the fighting spirit I like to see mate, the fluffy kittens had still better watch out for you..Smile
But in your eager but sadly forlorn hope of trying to score minor debating points off me by playing the 'semantics' card, you're just-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/clutch-straw_zps7bf7b57f.jpg~original
0 Replies