TV Series with your favorite soundtrack?

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 06:21 pm
Recommend one television series (at least two or more seasons) which you think have or had your favorite soundtrack (not TV series soundtracks based exclusively with instrumental heavy scoring). The first 35 suggested will be listed. Each person can have two nominations. You can change your suggestion, but if there are more than 35 suggestions the 36th person's suggestion will be added first. So make your choice count.

WHEN MAKING A NOMINATION PLEASE INDICATE WITH A QUICK TURN OF PHRASE WHAT GENERAL MUSIC GENRE OR GENRES THAT ARE GENERALLY FEATURED IN THE SERIES.

And by soundtrack, I don't mean simply the theme song and end credit song.

Which of the following TV series (two or more seasons) has the favorite overall soundtrack (not including instrumental exclusive soundtracks)?

RIGHT NOW I HAVE:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2002)
House M.D. (2004)
Grey's Anatomy (2005)
Boardwalk Empire (2010)
Treme (2010)
Girls (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls058305447
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,386 • Replies: 7
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 07:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
If this were a contestThere would only be any Mike Post theme and soundtrack. My all time favorite was the NYPD Blue sound track for its original scoring of percussion instruments played to sound like NY subway trains.
HERE IS A SHORT CLIP OF THE NYPD BLUE THEME.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 07:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
LA Law had a good one, as did Dallas. In fact, the theme song was the only good thing about Dallas
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 10:10 am
Mike Post is the king.
Hill Street Blues and Law & Order are classic
BTW
We just learned the theme from Rawhide and it seems to engage the audience when we play it
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 06:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
Seems to be some confusion about soundtrack versus TV themes here.

House, Greys and Treme all have a decent selection. I think The O.C. was pretty good in that vein too. (never watched the show - but have got a few volumes of the songs they played)

The three CSI's also did a decent job of mining alt pop/rock. Cold Case is also worth a mention for mining pop songs around the time of the murder.
panzade

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 06:55 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Cold Case is also worth a mention for mining pop songs around the time of the murder.

Yup
0 Replies

Redbird537

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:47 am
@tsarstepan,
Game of Thrones currently is my favorite simply because the composition is compelling and fun to hum, but American Horror Story and Hemlock Grove have creepy but amazingly well composed song styles.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 08:01 am
Peaky Blinders played this all the way through.
0 Replies