Scientist Warm Up to "The Day After Tomorrow"

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 02:16 pm
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040504/040504_dayafter_hlg1p.hlarge.jpg

MSNBC article LINK

It appears the filmmakers tooks some effort to make the new disaster flick scientifically feasible even if it's the worst case scenerio.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 994 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 09:57 pm
so, this is what happens when a severe lack of funding causes major malfunctions in a big city's infrastructure. Here we see a catastrophic sewage back up. Complete with toidy paper and "brown trout"

ok wiz , I dont get the concept> Is it a major polar meltdown movie or just another tsunami flick(caused either by A a meteorite the size of Connecticut, or B the sinking of Los Palmas island). I need a good disaster flick, like one about an attack of black mold that infects everyone with hacking coughs and irritable bowel syndrome.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:37 pm
Jeez, that's gonna stuff up the re-sell value of your average NY apartment. Still, look what it did for Venice......
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:26 am
I believe that the film is based on the book
"THE COMING SUPERSTORMS" by Art Bell , The king of late night radio
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:34 am
farmerman wrote:
so, this is what happens when a severe lack of funding causes major malfunctions in a big city's infrastructure. Here we see a catastrophic sewage back up. Complete with toidy paper and "brown trout"

ok wiz , I dont get the concept> Is it a major polar meltdown movie or just another tsunami flick(caused either by A a meteorite the size of Connecticut, or B the sinking of Los Palmas island). I need a good disaster flick, like one about an attack of black mold that infects everyone with hacking coughs and irritable bowel syndrome.

A lot of the tank is missing
We just had the sewage problem yesterday afternoon

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news/live/sewage/photo_07.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:43 am
A movie about the decline of the U.S. infrastructure? Maybe that was "The Toxic Avenger."

This is about superstorms and includes tidal waves innundating NYC. Nature may end up doing more damage than a whole bevy of terrorists. The politicians will likely continue to whitewash this problem just like they whitewashed the terrorist threat.
0 Replies