Limbaugh takes Children's Book of Year award, lefties go nuts

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 11:55 am
http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2014/05/16/limbaugh-wins-childrens-book-award-lefties-go-nuts-2/?subscriber=1

Quote:
.....Whether you knew it or not, conservative radio talkshow host Rush Limbaugh authored a children's book titled: Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans. The book rose to the top of best-seller lists, and it garnered Limbaugh a nomination as "Author of the Year" from Children's Choice Book Awards......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,514 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 12:23 pm
@gungasnake,
All I can say is wow. Limbaugh wins an award for a children book, and the left is all up in arms about how this could happen.

Obama wins a Nobel Peace Prize with nothing to show for it but winning an election and they think it is the most deserved award ever.

Looney left for sure.
Setanta

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 12:30 pm
Where is the evidence that "lefties" have "gone nuts?"
Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 12:31 pm
@Setanta,
When you start to look for reasons why he couldn't have possibility won. I mean the MSM didn't give his book any press but yet he still won and they can't figure that out.

That is going nuts.
Setanta

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 12:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Oh, bullsh*t. The so-called MSM is a fairy tale of sour-grapes rightwingnuts. Media in the United States is overwhelmingly owned by conservatives. The criticisms alluded to in the "news story" (GOPUSA? Right, fair and blanaced . . . ) were from online posts. You want to believe that "lefties went nuts," so you stretch the truth past the breaking point.

Once again, where is the evidence that "lefties" have "gone nuts?"
Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 12:44 pm
@Setanta,
It is interesting that you are taking such a strong stand on this Set. I'm wondering if you feel the same way about GOP criticism when a single righty says something that you disagree with? When someone from the GOP screws up it is a media feeding frenzy.

How much time has the MSM spent on the IRS? Remember "not a smidgen" of corruption? The media used that as a main talking point for Obama for a week after that interview.
Setanta

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 12:52 pm
@Baldimo,
It is interesting how you try to twist what i've written. I'm not "taking a strong stand." I looked at the lame GOPUSA story, and i have since then asked what evidence there is that "lefties have gone nuts." No one seems prepared to provide that evidence.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 03:06 am
So you'be got one left-wing nutbag who doesn't like the idea. How does that translate into a claim that "lefties go nuts?" Where's the evidence? The next time i see an extreme idea from a rightwingnut, do i get to claim it characterizes all conservatives? If you have a hundred such comments, how does that stack up as evidence in a nation with a populations in excess of 300,000,000? Do you need to go out to get yourself a sense of proportion?
Baldimo

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:26 am
@Setanta,
You mean like a single GOP memeber says something stupid about women being and to "shut that down" when it comes to pregnancy and rape. Yet that turned into a theme in the last election that all GOP felt that way.

Hell some of our own members here at A2K have brought that up as a stance by the whole GOP.

Care to rephrase your statement?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:31 am
@Setanta,
And now the DailyKos is claiming that he bought his award in an article saying his LA radio station is failing.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/17/1299997/-Rush-Limbaugh-Clear-Channel-s-California-Dream-Going-Bust-Media-Matters-Reports-More-Bad-News#
ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:35 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
he still won and they can't figure that out.

oh they figured it out

look up the CSM article

whatever. if it means people buy more books, and kids read them, it's a good thing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:38 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
the left is all up in arms about how this could happen.

where is this MSM up in arm in arms stuff?

I just ran a google search. finding plenty of reports of the award in the standard media. lots of excitement in the right-wing blogosphere about how it's not being reported. what? they can't find what I can?

gotta wonder if there is some key-word search skill that's missing in the rw blogosphere

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:43 am
@Baldimo,
well it is an award based on sales numbers <shrug>

whatever

dailykos is whack
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:47 am
@Baldimo,
actually - thanks for the link to dk - I followed the link to the Media Matters article they reference about his radio ratings - the part dk didn't copy was the interesting part

Quote:
A more pressing question: Why would Clear Channel move the mighty talker off a top-rated talk station in Los Angeles, KFI, and send him down to the far reaches of the AM dial at 1150 to a station known for its weak signal and inability to draw a large audience?
0 Replies