Why do feminists believe that accused rapists should not be afforded due process?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 12:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
The important word is 'accused', Robert Jewel's life was ruined because of hasty rush to judgement after the bombing at the Summer Olympics. It wasn't him, ultimately he was cleared. His accusers were all members of law enforcement.
My feeling is he was denied due process. Can you tell me how many law enforcement agents clamored and spoke up in defense of Jewel?

I agree with you about Robert Jewel. There is a connection between terrorism and rape. They are both political hot-button issues.

The problem is the hasty rush to judgement.

We are going through this again with the latest rape story, the Spring Break beach rape. You have a sensational story. There are very few facts, and the defendants have had zero chance to tell their side of the story.

People have already filled in the blanks with their own beliefs and are acting as if they know the full story.
0 Replies