How can I improve my thesis statement?

Nibru

Mon 12 May, 2014 01:52 pm
I want to write a thesis statement on how there are things that exceed our ability to comprehend, perceive, and experience as human beings. I want to discuss things about "things" are the origins of the origin of the Big Bang, how our consciousness only is present in our past, our senses are flawed, and things that are like this. I don't want to discuss any religious context, I also don't want to discuss anything specific of what this "thing" that's outside of our ability is.

My argument is that there are things outside of what we are able to perceive (and of course, I'm not going to be very specific of this) that fills questions like "What created the Big Bang/everything?" and so forth.

My Original Thesis Statement: There are things outside of our ability to comprehend, perceive, and experience that created the origins of the universe.

Anything that I should add, remove, or modify is also appreciated (within reasons that you will give, of course).

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,483 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

fresco

Mon 12 May, 2014 03:07 pm
@Nibru,
On the basis that the concept of "thing" is a human construct I suggest your thesis may be nonsense. Try googling Kant for an ontological discussion of whether there can be a "Ding an Sich" (thing in itself)

Here's a sample reference.
http://www.focusing.org/gendlin/docs/gol_2041.html
0 Replies

kiuku

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 07:59 pm
@Nibru,
that's not a thesis; thesis is original.

It' s not Kant either it is Plato and it will be familiar to anyone in college.

Allegory of the Cave: Plato
0 Replies