I Want to do this in a matter of Seconds!

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:18 am
Hey guys whats up. So, I'm a 16 year old high school student and I want to tryout for my schools cheer leading team. I weigh 142 pounds, thin my height is 5'4. #Tumbling! I always wanted to do a back flip, just the thrill of turning upside down is magnificent! BUT, i started gymnastics when I was 8 -12 years old. And i stoped until now as I am 16. I want to have my back handspring and toetouches in 1 week starting may 7 until may 14! How do I do it! I forgot to even do a back walkover! Please people what should I do!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,476 • Replies: 3

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 11:21 am
@StarDanceGirl,
Reexamine the timeline for your goal. You need to slowly work back into condition to do this. You risk injury rushing into it without preparing your body.
neologist

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 02:17 pm
@Butrflynet,
Yeah, what you said. Our muscles have a certain amount of memory. So that might not be so much of a problem. But when your bones, joints, and ligaments change, attempting these moves 'cold' could result in career ending injury.
0 Replies

StarDanceGirl

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 06:37 pm
Thanks guys ok
0 Replies