disqualification for police/NYPD

chris94chris94

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 12:12 am
@glitterbag,
This is just extremely frustrating because it is completely out of character for me to act how I did. I am a very good student, have held multiple jobs where my managers have praised me for great work ethic and social skills, and have never had any trouble with the law. I am a college athlete and involved in several clubs and organizations in which many people can attest for me in a manner that would be desired by any law enforcement agencies. To think that one foolish incident could potentially ruin my chance of getting my dream job is depressing. However, I believe that the manager of the store is going to drop the criminal mischief charge against me upon me paying the 150 dollars for the damaged table. I just wish he could have requested that I pay him the money before filing charges against me. Even if the charges are dropped, any LE can and will find dropped charges on background checks if I am not mistaken. This is all approaching at a horrible time as well because finals are this week and all I can think about is this situation. However, thank you for you attentive response and I REALLY appreciate you speaking from the side of an understanding parent. I will be sure to bite my tongue if a situation like this occurs again and simply do my best to avoid any scene that could potentially get me in trouble.
Ragman

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 06:21 am
@chris94chris94,
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 May, 2014 10:58 am
@chris94chris94,
Chris, please don't misunderstand my comments. I do know that things happen, sometimes we have to take our lumps and sometimes we escape the consequences. Have you spoken to your parents yet. I'm curious what their take on this is. Something tells me they are not happy. Also, do you have a lawyer?
0 Replies

thanes1

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 09:04 am
@Trollpatrol,
sorry to hear about that. hopefully it won't affect your application.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 07:23 pm
@thanes1,
Not everyone has the temperament to work in law enforcement. It's really up to the young man to learn how to settle disagreements in a more mature fashion. I'm concerned about his attitude, he asks for advice but really is simply looking for someone to tell him everything will be dandy. I was totally unimpressed with his short temper and tone of entitlement.

It wasn't the crime of the century, it won't destroy his future, he just needs to work on his maturity level.
0 Replies