CS Review: Does Obligee know Obligor put in request?

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 04:35 pm
About a year into my child support case, I was awarded social security disability. I was told at that time that I could request a review since my income was substantially decreased. I never did.

I owed arrears which are now fully paid off and still have the amount initially calculated (prior to becoming disabled) garnished from my SSDI every month.

According to my local state (ND) calculator, I should be obliged to pay about half of what I am currently paying.

I have not requested a review as of yet because I believe the money is put to good use for my child and have no issues/problems with my ex. However, I too, could really use the extra money.

My question is this: If I request a review now (it's been almost 4 years since first calculation), will my ex (the obligee) know that it was me who requested the review? Or will it just come in the mail that a review is being done?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,826 • Replies: 1
No top replies

lflynt1069

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 07:18 am
@rolson32,
I can tell you this, in the state of Texas, when my daughters father put in for a review, I received a letter telling in the mail. the letter told me he requested the review and that i needed to appear in court as well, it gave me a chance to voice my opinion on the review rather than not having a say at all.

I hope this helps answer your question.
0 Replies