Is my boyfriend abusive or will be become abusive?

chai2

Sat 3 May, 2014 08:19 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Since it's still in the hypothesis stage, let's not allow that to happen.

Why are you writing this despite the fact I have not said this should happen, or will?

Stop being condescending.
roger

Sat 3 May, 2014 08:21 pm
@chai2,
I really think he just meant it's time for her to leave the relationship behind.
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 3 May, 2014 09:17 pm
@chai2,
What roger said.
Nothing intended
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 3 May, 2014 09:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
As I've said before. There are as many, if not more, deaths from tainted transfusions than from transfusions refused. No doubt that is the reason many non Witnesses claim to be Witnesses when entering hospitals for surgery. Nevertheless, my refusal is based on scriptures I have cited many times. There is a well traveled thread you may join, if you wish. I sent you the link a while back.
0 Replies

Germlat

Sat 3 May, 2014 09:43 pm
@MrsYoung,
Miss young...there are no victims, only volunteers.
ossobuco

Sat 3 May, 2014 09:58 pm
@Germlat,
I hate to inform you, that is not really true.
jespah

Sun 4 May, 2014 05:56 am
@MrsYoung,
Since others are going off-topic in all sorts of ways, I am going to answer the questions in the title.
  1. Is my boyfriend abusive? YES
  2. (W)ill (he) be become abusive? YES
neologist

Sun 4 May, 2014 01:31 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for straightening the page. The op is much too important to be ignored

Mea culpa
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 4 May, 2014 03:09 pm
Quote:
Neologist said:@RF- As I've said before. There are as many, if not more, deaths from tainted transfusions than from transfusions refused...my refusal is based on scriptures.

Blood transfusions are not mentioned anywhere in the Bible!
Nobody wants a transfusion (regardless of whether they're JW's or not) because of the risk that it might be tainted blood from homosexuals, but if one is necessary to save your life you'll die anyway if you refuse it, so the only logical thing to do is have one even if there's a slight risk that it's tainted!
For example that young JW mother was critically ill but she refused to have a transfusion and died.
Where's the logic in that?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Mon 5 May, 2014 08:16 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

contrex wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
he polo fizzed

What does "polo fizzed" mean?

I don't know. I can't find it my other posts, maybe it's a typo or someone else wrote that. How was it used?

Quote:
Sweet Jesus, it's taken me 30 minutes to absorb the idea this thug was sympathetic, what in Gods name does that mean???? All I can think of is him saying, oh dear that must have been unpleasant for you, what a shame. You didn't even say he polo fizzed and promised it would never happen again.

http://able2know.org/topic/243451-2#post-5653222

Like Contrex I just assumed this was part of the American vernacular.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 5 May, 2014 11:03 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
he polo fizzed

What does "polo fizzed" mean?

I finally saw the polo fizzed, it was supposed to say apologize. That's my fault because I allow myself to get too spun up reading these abuse threads. I didn't proof read, that is always a mistake.
0 Replies

Germlat

Mon 5 May, 2014 12:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Sorry but if you are victimized and you stay....you are giving him permission to continue....meaning volunteering.
glitterbag

Tue 6 May, 2014 05:47 pm
Izzy, polo fizzed would be a great new word. I'm sorry it's just a typo.
ossobuco

Tue 6 May, 2014 05:56 pm
@Germlat,
Most of us typing here would go, but some people around the world - and this is a world website - simply don't have the means, in many ways, including societal support, not to mention money for food, and may have children.

That's too smug a take on a huge problem.
Germlat

Tue 6 May, 2014 09:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Abuse is a complex problem and sometimes has nothing to do with resources. Many posters have given excellent advice based on their country of residence. Truth is, we know little about Mrs Young...we know she speaks English, has access to the internet, and has an abusive boyfriend ( not a husband). Several posters have expressed concern and given advice, resources available to her, etc. I didn't want to be redundant and opted for a different take. After all, we dont know what will resonate with Mrs. Young. The main objective is to try to help her. Has it occurred to you that there are many abused women WITH resources who don't leave. Often, their egos so torn and mentality so clouded, they don't even know what abuse constitutes ( check out the title). Sometimes people forget they have the power to change things , simply by changing their perspective. I've heard many women say of their abuser when asked why they stay" But I love him".
izzythepush

Wed 7 May, 2014 01:27 am
@glitterbag,
It would be a fantastic phrase, it sounds like an emotional apology, with the waterworks.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Wed 7 May, 2014 01:33 am
@MrsYoung,
You're boyfriend is abusive and a coward and if I were your father I'd be in prison right now for putting two in his head. I'm not a violent person but it boggles my mind why some men have a need to put hands on someone when they're upset especially if there is no provocation. so to answer your question yes he is abusive. Yes you may have an abusive boyfriend and yes you should dump the bastard.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Wed 7 May, 2014 01:41 am
@Germlat,
This is a very good point!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 7 May, 2014 10:47 am
@Germlat,
Yes, of course I know that.
I was arguing with the judgement by you (the sentence you wrote) that there are no victims, only volunteers. That is facile, though is quite often right that there is a "but I love him (or her) element".. It is not always right that there are no victims.