Asked out a girl via text, not sure if i got blown off or not.

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 12:32 am
A girl I was kinda friends with in college moved to my city last summer. She travels out of town for work every week, but we've gotten together a few times one on one, and texted each other once in a while. After she texted me randomly last month, I asked her to brunch and she agreed. We walked around for a while after, and walked through a fancy hotel just to see what it was like. She said she always wished a guy would take her on a date to a place like that for afternoon tea. She'd never discussed guys or dating before, nor had I, so I thought it might be a hint. We made plans to meet up the following weekend, but unfortunately, I got in a relatively major accident, bad enough that I had to go to the hospital and cancel the plans. I told her what happened, and she was cool about it, told me to get better (month long recovery required), and we both kinda joked about it. Then, I texted her that after I'm all healed next month, that I'd love to take her to afternoon tea at that fancy hotel if she's up for it. She replied 'haha we'll figure it out, just get better!' I can't tell if that's a polite rejection or not. She's a really sweet girl, but I wonder if that just makes it more likely that she wouldn't have the heart to say 'no' directly, especially after I got in an accident. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 555 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 04:57 am
@newbie5114,
Just get better, stop worrying and then take her to the hotel for tea. You've not been banished to the 'friend zone' yet.
0 Replies

DarkCrow

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 09:43 am
Agree...heal...however, ask her to visit and bring some chicken soup. Ask her face to face if there is a chance for more of a relationship. Be open, honest and direct. If she isn't intersted, be nice but move on. There are 3.6 billion females on the planet. Pretty good odds of finding someone substanitive and caring.
0 Replies