cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 10:46 am
@edgarblythe,
Trying to believe that our justice system is fair is as dangerous as believing god will save you after you die.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 11:29 am
Quote:
Romeo said:Don't Cubans mind having an American military base (Guantanamo) on their soil?
Cicerone replied: Here's your answer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/11/opinion/give-guantanamo-back-to-cuba.html?_

Thanks, it's a strange business all round, America has been paying 48,000 dollars per year to rent the place but Castro hasn't been cashing the checks in protest which now amount to over two and a half million dollars. You'd think he'd cash them and use the money to help his people.
Also the US used to pay Cuba 14,000 dollars a month for water from a nearby river until Castro blocked the flow, so there's millions more lost dollars.
Is Castro stupid or what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay_Naval_Base

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/08/17/idUSN17200921
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 11:59 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
From my vantage point, the US is more stupid. All countries trade with Cuba except the US. The embargo shows how stupid our government continues to be,
and TNCFS
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 12:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A hundred years ago Guantanamo was strategically important as a US naval base, but nowadays it serves no useful purpose because of America's global reach via carrier groups and stealth bombers etc.
But if there's one thing history has shown is that once you control territory, you should NEVER voluntarily give it up.
For example France and Russia sold Louisiana and Alaska to America and have regretted it ever since.
Guantanamo is only small potatoes by comparison, but US politicians can't give it up even though they might want to, because they see the world as a series of squares on a chessboard which should be hung onto forever..
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 02:45 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You wrote,
Quote:
But if there's one thing history has shown is that once you control territory, you should NEVER voluntarily give it up.

Your example about the Louisiana purchase doesn't comport to contemporary times - as they apply to Gitmo and Cuba.

There are ethical issues at play here that makes the US wrong on both sides of the issue. 1. The US's embargo against Cuba is wrong on all fronts. All countries trade with Cuba except the US. How stupid is that? 2. Cuba was called a 'terrorist' nation similar to Iran by this administration. That's about the most stupid statement I've heard from our government in a long while. 3. Cuba is no threat to the US in any way shape or form. 4. Why are we hurting the citizens of Cuba based on the silly and ignorant position of the US government?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 07:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Castro hates America, so America certainly isn't going to help him, why should they?
So if the Cuban people suffer it's Castro's fault, not America.
Anyway as I said, Castro is sitting on literally millions of US dollars of Guantanamo rent because he's too proud and stupid to cash the checks and use the money to build hospitals and things for his people.
Huh, some "leader"!
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 07:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
It's not a matter of "Castro hating America." Where did you learn that? Doesn't the mass of Cubans matter more?

That a leader has weaknesses is not an excuse to deny the total population of a country the benefits of open trade. Why do you want to punish the population based on the country's leadership?

We trade with China, Vietnam, and Russia. Why pick on a small country like Cuba?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 07:52 pm
Castro has always been a hardline commie, for example he gave Khruschev permission to base Russki nuke missiles on Cuban soil in 1962 which almost triggered WW3, so no way is the US ever going to be pally with him.
Maybe when he dies the US will do a deal with the new leader, we don't know.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 3 May, 2014 07:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're talking old history.
Try to live in the present; you know, the 21st century.

You think Putin is a democrat? How about the leaders of China? Do you know anything about Vietnam? I was there one week ago for my third visit.

They all have US investments.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 02:33 am
What embargoes does America have in place against Cuba anyway, and how is that hurting the Cuban people?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:14 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Your questions are quite ignorant; I'm not responding to them from now on.

TNCFS when all the questions you've been asking can be found on the internet; that contradicts all of your inference and claims.
void123

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
wrong
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 11:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
void, You're on Ignore.
void123

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 12:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
then why r u not ignoreing me
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2015 05:32 pm
I read this somewhere today online.

Budget cuts might force Alabama to close 45 of its 49 driver's license offices. Alabama is also one of those states that decided voting is a privilege and not an automatic right of citizenship so they require a government issued photo ID to vote. Looks like voting just got harder. Voting should NOT require a photo ID because I should not be required to pay for a photo ID if I don't want one. However, I should be allowed to vote because I am an American citizen. Only 17 states require photo ID. 16 states require ID (like a voter registration card) but don't require a photo. And 17 states (including Illinois, New York, and California) have no requirement at all.
0 Replies