Google fails me. Maybe you guys know!

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:17 pm
We're redoing our basement. We like to try to salvage/repurpose some of the old things in our old house but only if it's not going to be a nightmare.

One of the things I'm interested in saving is a cool old plumbing fixture made by a company named "Ideal".

I have tried Googling the name along with everything I can think of to add and all I get are things like "this is the ideal faucet for your situation", or actual plumbers who have named their business Ideal.

Has anyone ever heard of a plumbing fixture company named Ideal? Do you know where the business was located? I just need some clues to help in my search.

Any help appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,297 • Replies: 23
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:20 pm
@boomerang,
http://idealplumbing.net/
anonymously99

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:24 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
Google fails me. Maybe you guys know!

Imgooglingyou.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:24 pm
@jespah,
Thanks, jespah, but that won't load for me.

When I type it into Google it says something like "Ideal plumbing has been in existence since 1995".

This faucet is probably from the 20s or 30s.
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:36 pm
@jespah,
8 mins flat
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:37 pm
@boomerang,
Link worked for me. I'm using MS IE, on Win 7 Prof OS.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:42 pm
@Ragman,
It's working for me now!

But it isn't the right one. I'm looking for the manufacturer of Ideal brand faucets, not a contractor called Ideal Plumbing.

There are, it seems, many plumbers who think they are ideal. It's a popular name.
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:45 pm
@boomerang,
Ideally, we could come up with the real McCoy!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 03:45 pm
@boomerang,
No, but I had a similar situation in my house in Eureka. In the bathroom, over the great tub, there was a marvelous contraption, circa 1920. House was owned by a plumber. I found a company in the Los Angeles area that was very smart about all this. (I never got it going, money as usual)

All I remember was the name started with Vintage. I'll nose around and see what I can find.. They were helpful at the time.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:00 pm
@ossobuco,
After a quick google, there are many out there in the vintage plumbing business. Mine was somewhere in the San Fernando Valley, maybe or not, Calabasas. I bet there are similar in your area.
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:03 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm pretty sure that she's looking not for a contractor or a current faucet mfr..but a company named Ideal that made the antique faucets 'back in the day'.
boomerang

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:16 pm
@ossobuco,
We have Rejuvenation Hardware here -- they deal in a lot of vintage plumbing -- so I can always contact them if nobody here knows anything.

I took some photos and will post those here to see if anyone recognizes it.

BTW -- has anyone else been having trouble with photobucket? The past couple of days it has downloaded photos quickly but it takes forever for me to be able to look at them in anything other than a thumbnail. Weird.
Ragman

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:22 pm
@boomerang,
Here's a link to Photobucket's support and troubleshooting info re browsers and OS issues:

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724024-Supported-Browsers-and-Operating-Systems
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:25 pm
Here's a photo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/ideal2_zps885e76de.jpg

I haven't cleaned it yet, obviously, but I like that it looks like such a contraption. The whole thing is about a foot high. I should add that it is still in use and works perfectly.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:31 pm
@Ragman,
Yeah, but a really good antique plumbing place might help.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:40 pm
@boomerang,
I am almost post photobucket.....

We had the original rejuv hardware a couple of hundred feet from our gallery -but I wouldn't have asked them about my bathroom contraption.

I trusted that place in Calabasas or wherever. They did give me phone instruction, but it didn't work, and wanted me to send it to them so they could see what was going on. Which sounds fishy, but I can smell fishy and that wasn't the thing.

Now, years later, I wish I took a photo. The new owners were respecting of the place, so maybe that was solved.
boomerang

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Are you sure you're not thinking of Restoration Hardware?

Rejuvenation Hardware here has a huge vintage hardware/plumbing/houseparts area. They're based here and make most of their light fixtures here so maybe they just have that section here.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 06:26 pm
@boomerang,
I'll look, while insisting I'm sure.

Looked quickly, not sure. I still get catalogs..

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 06:32 pm
@boomerang,
I'm 99% positive I bought my lamps from
Rejuvenation. I can grasp that I might have mixed them up.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 04:16 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
Thanks, jespah, but that won't load for me.
Sometimes Boom this sort of thing happens in Google when apparently you inadvertently hit the wrong key and they put you on the wrong pedestal. For the longest time they supposed instead of the Mojave Desert I live in Canada, and refused certain responses based on that misconception

Maybe somebody can suggest how to contact their cust reg
0 Replies