Thunderbolts of the gods

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 06:52 pm

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 09:38 pm
@gungasnake,
Where are you finding out about all this physics/astrophysics stuff? Don't agree with all of its, buts its been interesting an I've enjoyed the most of it. Thanks for posting it.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 11:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The main claim here is that electromagnetic forces rather than gravity mainly govern the cosmos. Here's a particularly good example:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/9905/ngc6872_vlt.jpg

Basically a spiral galaxy but what's happening is a bit more clear than in most cases. In the upper half of the image you see material being held in a nearly straight line until some point at which the field breaks down and the material dissipates and trails away. There's no way in hell gravity could do anything like that.
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:43 am
Gunga Dim's Electric Magneto of the Cosmic Joy Buzzer theory of cosmology does not have wide-spread support, and fails to account for significant amounts of the data we have about the cosmos. Gunga likes any "scientific theory" which is non-standard, just because it is non-standard.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 06:54 am
@Setanta,
"ELECTRIC UNIVERSE"

doesn't make any predictions
has attraction independent of mass of bodies
OLBER's Paradox
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:41 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Gunga Dim's Electric Magneto of the Cosmic Joy Buzzer theory of cosmology does not have wide-spread support, and fails to account for significant amounts of the data we have about the cosmos. Gunga likes any "scientific theory" which is non-standard, just because it is non-standard.

It just so seems you haven't investigated into any of this.
Actually there is much much more proof for this, then for the mainstream science hoaxes like gravity, relativity and what have you...

most theories in physics are hoaxes, and dumb, very very dumb, and all this by design.

the whole of 'modern physics' is obsolete. it really really is rubbishh.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:36 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
It just so seems you [Setanta] haven't investigated into any of this.

Pretty easy to tell when somebody doesn't have anything to add to the discussion...
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:37 am
@gungasnake,
ic Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:29 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
You crack me up. Your criticism is basically that modern physics is wrong (a stance for which you adduce no evidence) and that theoretical bases for physics are "dumb," and that this is by design. Upon that basis, you allege that i have not investigated any of this.

What Gunga Dim likes to call the "electric universe" is actually known as plasma cosmology. Mainstream astrophysics rejects the model because it fails to account for all of the observable data, which means that by definition it cannot be considered a scientific theory. As FM has pointed out, it also makes no predictions, which would allow it to be either verified or falsified. You have claimed to have a degree in or at least to have studied physics at university. If that were so, you'd know what the requirements are for credentials as a valid scientific theory. Instead, you just say things are "dumb," and allege a vast, nefarious conspiracy to keep us all in ignorance. In your case, at least, it seems to have worked.
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:32 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Olbers paradox. Its over 250 years old and still makes sense.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:33 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
ou crack me up. Your criticism is basically that modern physics is wrong (a stance for which you adduce no evidence) and that theoretical bases for physics are "dumb," and that this is by design. Upon that basis, you allege that i have not investigated any of this.

What Gunga Dim likes to call the "electric universe" is actually known as plasma cosmology. Mainstream astrophysics rejects the model because it fails to account for all of the observable data, which means that by definition it cannot be considered a scientific theory. As FM has pointed out, it also makes no predictions, which would allow it to be either verified or falsified. You have claimed to have a degree in or at least to have studied physics at university. If that were so, you'd know what the requirements are for credentials as a valid scientific theory. Instead, you just say things are "dumb," and allege a vast, nefarious conspiracy to keep us all in ignorance. In your case, at least, it seems to have worked.

At the end offcourse another very cheap Ad Hominem. Ah, welll go figure.
and no, i don't think you investigated and understand it at all! no way.

and yes, modern physics is wrong, very wrong, NOTHING has come out of 'modern physics'. nothing at all. Or is there?
farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:36 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
You say that you studied physics in college. Did you graduate with that degree?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:41 pm
@farmerman,
offcourse not! I smelled a rat! Wink

I always have to laugh about these questions, because you are looking for a way to ignore what I am writing. So you can keep the status quo.
well, the only important thing is of it is true or not, not if I have -126786821 or +38912801283013801 degrees, toally irrelevant.

And there are lots of physicist who say the same, so that isn't the point.

just start studying , but stay away from educational institues, they are dumbing you down and let you not think freely,

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:42 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Once again, you just allege that modern physics is wrong. You provide no evidence for your point of view. There is no reason for anyone to take you seriously.
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:44 pm
This joker reads like someone whose attempt at higher education failed miserably, and who now, therefore, blames the institutions and the subject matter they present. A sad case . . .
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:44 pm
@Setanta,
well then, don't

I have seen no proof modern physics works! nowehere!

and I always thougt that the one who makes the claims has to proof it.
well, if you think modern physics works, then please, proof it!
But you really can't , and I am very serious about this, I am too old too joke
about such seriosu matters and I don't want to waste my time.
So give me some proof!

Thanks
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:47 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
This joker reads like someone whose attempt at higher education failed miserably, and who now, therefore, blames the institutions and the subject matter they present. A sad case . .

offcourse you can put it this way and then..case closed. whatever.
But you presume by reflex action that I am wrong, but am I?
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:47 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
You have provided no evidence for any of your rather inept claims. Why should anyone else meet a standard you don't meet?

By the way, your English sucks, and that does nothing to inspire confidence in what you have to say.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:50 pm
@Setanta,
oh well, as far as my english goes , I do my best, I am not a native speaker.far from it, so forgive me for if I have sinned Wink

and well, no proofs eh? figures.
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 01:51 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
This is not a case of "reflex action." I am responding to complete and continuing failure to support the claims that you make. In the thread in which you claim that public education is merely indoctrination, and intended to make people "dumb" (apparently, your favorite critical adjective) i asked you what you would propose as a means to reliably educate children. You not only failed to respond to that reasonable inquiry, you abandoned the thead. So my response to you is based on your habit of ranting, but not backing up what you say, nor providing any basis for believing your point of view.