Save Net Neutrality

hingehead

Wed 10 Sep, 2014 10:13 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
a) Politics has existed as long as even the most basic social group.
b) Choosing to not vote doesn't send a message to either party - it just a way of throwing your hands in the air and saying 'do what you want'.
One Eyed Mind

Wed 10 Sep, 2014 10:35 pm
@hingehead,
a) oh did it? and how do you suppose this to be true again?

b) oh really, so you're telling me that if nobody votes, somehow they will do what they want, when nobody is playing their game, and they cannot function without the people? DO TELL.
hingehead

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 02:43 am
@One Eyed Mind,
A) find me a reputable definition of politics that doesn't involve making decisions that affect others in your family, clan, village, society or country and we'll revisit.

When did politics 'start' in your mind?

B)
You are never going to have a situation where no-one votes. Candidates themselves will vote, and friends, and family and anyone who sees an advantage in a candidate being elected.

The fewer people who vote the smaller percentage make the decision who leads. Does that seem like a good situation to you? You're arguing for less involvement in the political process but I'd argue for more.

You may as well wish no-one kills anyone or that organised religion will have faultless agents. It's a naive fantasy - the best we can hope for is checks and balances - and they require involvement. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance, not burying your head the sand.
Setanta

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 02:52 am
Hear, hear . . .

But really, Hinge, you're just feeding the newest troll here.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 03:00 am
@hingehead,
Politics started when culture became culmination, in a world where climaxes should not be the bow of the ship, but rather something that boosts the ship every now and then. There's a difference between a tribal man in power from today's president - it's very different. The tribal men was more like a mayor than a president.

I do not situate intellectual capacity on the sheer velocity of idiocy that plagues these lands. I understand where you're coming from, but I'm looking beyond this social mire, friend.
edgarblythe

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 04:24 am
How about taking your mire elsewhere, unless you want to discuss net neutrality.
One Eyed Mind

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 05:25 am
@edgarblythe,
Topics are like trees; they branch off.
edgarblythe

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 05:37 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Not always.
0 Replies

hingehead

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 05:55 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Politics started when culture became culmination

I have no idea what you mean by this. Can you clarify? I was hoping for a particular era so I could point out the politics that occurred before it.

With all due reference to Set I'm going to feed you a little more so you'll come out into the light and I can see what you are.
tsarstepan

Thu 11 Sep, 2014 07:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Getting back to the subject at hand. Net Neutrality was yesterday's Urban Dictionary Word of the Day
Cam!!!!!111oneoneone wrote:
net neutrality
by August 22, 2006
An idea whereby all access to the collective Internets is equal. Where no limits on different throughputs or access to services are placed.

Senator Stevens on Net Neutrality:
The internet is not something that you just dump something on... It's not a big truck, it's a series of tubes!

You sir, are an idiot!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=net%20neutrality&defid=1931111
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:15 pm
The true dangers of ending net neutrality....
http://m.tapastic.com/episode/61722
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:30 pm
@hingehead,
Culture is not politics.

Politics is not culture.

Politics here is not based on culture.

Therefore culture is not politics.
Germlat

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 07:15 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

Culture is not politics.

Politics is not culture.

Politics here is not based on culture.

Therefore culture is not politics.

Therefore , psych facilities now have internet access.
One Eyed Mind

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 07:20 pm
@Germlat,
Comparing culture to politics is like comparing robots to humans.
hingehead

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 10:14 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
And what is wrong with that?

One Eyed Mind

Thu 18 Sep, 2014 10:26 pm
@hingehead,
What is "not" wrong with that?
0 Replies