Guy I met a week ago texts me all day since, but hasn't initiated to do anything?

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 06:13 pm
So I met this guy who works for the same gym, but different location that I work at. I met him last week and he invited me to workout with him and his friends but canceled because of Easter, he got my number from a co- worker and let me know it was canceled and that he was "sorry and happy easter".. We went back and forth a few times and left it at that. Then the next day he texted me and said "Happy Easter H." And we texted the entire day. His texts are not one sentence they are about a paragraph long, so long they are sent in two separate iphone texts. uses smiley faces. When we text we always have something to talk about and get along great have so much in common.
However...
He has not asked me to come over to his place, or anything to initiate that he wants to hang out. He did say that he goes running on a trail and invited me to that on Friday but there isn't a planned time so I have yet to see if that even happens.
He does tell me when he works out and says "see you later tonight", or talk to you later", or when he has class he says "I'll text you after" and he always does. I saw him at the gym and I hinted that I wanted to work out with him and he totally sounded okay with it and it was great. Then last night I stayed a little late at the gym when he was on closing shift and we talked for a hour and a half and when we left he said "you can text me when you get home if you want, I'll be wired up for the next hour".. I know he had a gf for 6 years and she broke up with him and hasn't dated since. What should i do?
This all is confusing me because we get along so well, he is so outgoing and always in a good mood around me but I don't get why he isn't wanting to do anything beside text. I have a feeling he isn't interested but I'm not sure. He has told me all about his childhood, what he wants in marriage, how he cant wait to have kids and be a dad. One time he said how he snowboards and I said I never had and he said "well I know a guy who can Wink"
He just texted me that he "works until 9 then have the rest of the night to do whatever." It's weird that he doesn't ask me to hang out .
I know I am probably taking this wayy too fast ...
It's all so confusing so any opinions would be great Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 3,509 • Replies: 14
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 06:21 pm
@mcconhan000,
Next time he texts you, text back (you can just copy/paste this) ~

Hey, do you wanna hang out, maybe have some coffee?

He's probably just completely unsure of where he stands. And, you mentioned he'd had a girlfriend for over half a decade. It may have been a while since he'd asked anyone out.

So be the one to do the asking. Most guys are thrilled by this behavior, I might add.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 06:37 pm
So he's stalking you by smartphone and now you'd like it to escalate. Don't you hear an alarm somewhere in the background?

Just sayin'.
Ragman

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 07:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm wondering after all of these similar types of questions: Has the telephone been declared illegal or carcinogenic?
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 07:24 pm
@Ragman,
Not only that, but hey, they are seeing each other, it's not like he texted her once and that's it.

I guess he's more comfortable texting.

You're right though ragman, don't people talk to each other on the phone anymore?

I guess if a young person got caught actually having a conversation on a phone with someone they'd be embarrassed or something.

How can you tell how a person this feeling/thinking if you can't hear their voice.

That's another issue I have....are young people loosing touch with how to recognize emotions, if they are actually talking less and less?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 07:48 pm
I'm afraid that this guy is a saleman - he is supposed to be that friendly/superficial and I would imagine he has several gals that he texts all day long.

ASK him out - in person and specific. If he declines, then you will know the answer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 08:37 pm
@mcconhan000,
mcconhan000 wrote:

He just texted me that he "works until 9 then have the rest of the night to do whatever." It's weird that he doesn't ask me to hang out .

yeah

it's weird that you don't seem to be able to buy a clue

the guy is letting you know he's interested and you don't seem to be responding

why aren't you asking him to hang out?

seriously

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 08:37 pm
@jespah,
do this

jespah wrote:

Next time he texts you, text back (you can just copy/paste this) ~

Hey, do you wanna hang out, maybe have some coffee?

He's probably just completely unsure of where he stands. And, you mentioned he'd had a girlfriend for over half a decade. It may have been a while since he'd asked anyone out.

So be the one to do the asking. Most guys are thrilled by this behavior, I might add.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 08:38 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm wondering after all of these similar types of questions: Has the telephone been declared illegal or carcinogenic?

I barely use the phone at all outside of work situations. If I can't text you to arrange our get-together, there's a decent chance it won't happen.
0 Replies

mcconhan000

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 09:19 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for you suggestion I will try this.
Why do you think he hasn't asked me out? And do you think there is a point where I stop asking and he needs to ask me?
jespah

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:13 am
@mcconhan000,
I think he hasn't asked you out because he's forgotten how, or has no confidence, or he saw something weird in his tea leaves yesterday morning.

Does it matter?

ASK.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:45 am
@mcconhan000,
mcconhan000 wrote:
And do you think there is a point where I stop asking and he needs to ask me?

you haven't started asking him so don't worry about a stopping point yet

respond positively when he's giving you openings. the guy couldn't be much more obvious that he is interested and is looking for a positive response from you.
0 Replies

mcconhan000

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:23 pm
@jespah,
Good point! Thanks!
So last night we talked until 1 am. The last thing I said was "goodnight Smile" and he said "goodnight H"
But he hasn't texted me all today. I am normally the one that initiates texting, and I know he has class from 9-4;50 then has work from 5-9. But he texts me in between his classes and at lunch every other day,.
Is this a message of something?
And tomorrow we have that hike planned.. should I wait to see if he brings it up or ask him tomorrow morning if he still wants to go?

Thank you so much for your help .
chai2

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:24 pm
@mcconhan000,
mcconhan000 wrote:

But he hasn't texted me all today.

You're officially obsessing.

Go find something productive to do with your time.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:25 pm
Quote:
Mcconhan said: It's all so confusing so any opinions would be great

Just tell him you like him, it's as easy as that!
Then just sit back to see what happens..Smile
0 Replies