off-road questions

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 10:30 pm
I don't like the jacked up look just the bigger tires and off road capable look. Also I use my truck for work and I may get into some sticky situations which require me to be able to get through some mud, sand, and trails. How big, wide and deep of tires can I get on my truck to not require extreme changes and lots of money. I do still drive on the road and don't want to loose all my milage. I just need some help deciding what to upgrade and what I don't have to.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,226 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed

farmerman

Wed 23 Apr, 2014 07:31 am
@JustinBignault,
I have F350's and F250"s and I use a biggest "Dual purpose" tire because I use these trucks on the job and Ive found that 80% of my driving is ON ROAD. You don't need those big aggressive looking gums . They are just marketing. Its all a function of your bottom clearance anyway. A good AWD or 4WD (with limited slip) will go anywhere and its all about clearance and how deep in the water are you able to go without snorkeling.
I get into mine roads and skree slopes . I don't drive in 4ft washouts like dry creek beds because that's just dumb.

You mde the best point--big print gums yield bigger gas bills that's about all.
0 Replies