RainSoft water softener problems

stephanyvc1

Fri 23 Dec, 2011 03:12 pm
If I just buy one of this units a week ago, can I return it and ask for a full refund?
0 Replies

Drewbiwan

Tue 27 Dec, 2011 08:12 pm
@H2O MAN,
house built in 1932. The line ran under a tree, and I was losing 83,000 gals a month.!!! I hope I added this text to a previous one I started. I clicked on the wrong button, and the original disappeared.

I had a plumber dig a new trench and line and by passed the tree, and he re-did the complicated twists and turns they did. Everything now works, with ni leaks, except for one problem. Now all the hot and cold faucets are reversed. HOW?

I think Rainsoft should re-imburse me for the HUGE water bill for their stupidity. What do you think?
ermel

Fri 3 Feb, 2012 08:51 am
@Rippedoff,
I agree wholeheartedly, They are a very sales aggressive company, who lie to get you to buy an overpriced water softener unit and ridiculous service every 2 years, which should be unneeded! Do your research and leave Rainsoft out of your "Trusted Companies to Deal With" list.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 3 Feb, 2012 02:34 pm
@Drewbiwan,
Drewbiwan wrote:

I think Rainsoft should re-imburse me for the HUGE water bill for their stupidity. What do you think?

I agree - good luck.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 3 Feb, 2012 02:35 pm

The best advice I can give is to homeowners for them to avoid doing business with RainSoft.
RS-Owner

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 01:41 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN, Hopefully you can help.

I bought the house 15 years ago and it had a Rainsoft Computerized Q2 Valve Waterer treatment System installed. It looks a lot like a picture you had posted in the second page of these post, but instead of having a black plastic ring at the top, it has a Green Box. I have never done any maintenance on it. All I do is add salt when it gets low. it has worked great the whole time. I have read some posts from people about replacing filters and o-rings and stuff, but I wouldn't even know where to look for those.

The issue I am having now is that it is constantly draining. It sounds like water is runnung through it when I am standing next to it in the garage, and there is a slow stream of water coming out of the drain outside. There is also a small pool of water under the system, about 10 inches in diameter and I notice some moisture at the top of the cylinder that has the computerized components attached. The moisture is below the computeruized components. The last 80 pounds of salt only lasted for about 2 weeks, which is very abnormal for this system. I think 40 pounds lasts about a month or two, normally.

For now, I have it in bypass, but the water here (Round Rock, TX) is pretty hard, so I would like to get it fixed as soon as possible. I really can't afford a new system.

Thanks for your time.
aundmoor77

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 05:10 pm
@Waterguy,
my tank is filling with dirty water what is the problem it has salt and keeps salt so what is the issue? Need help plzz
0 Replies

David Anderson

Tue 28 Feb, 2012 06:48 am
The brass head models are very reliable, but once they start wearing out its constant hassle. your best bet is to upgrade, at least the timer mech, in order to get your moneys worth out of the bottle. but as far as you installing it, its possible if the tech gives the whole kit, they come with directions.
0 Replies

dssmith1

Sat 5 May, 2012 09:42 am
@Waterguy,
"Lifetime" is a myth. The timer on mine went out after 8 years, so I called Rainsoft since the "lifetime" warranty should have covered it. WRONG!! They no longer make the timer, therefore, it's "lifetime" is over. Wouldn't do a thing. I purchased a Fleck 5600sxt electronic head and was that the BEST decision I made. I replaced it myself and now use 1/3 the salt I was using before (rainsoft set the old timer) and the water is soft again. Rainsoft holds everything close to their chests so they can charge a fortune for a simple fix. Now, if I could just find some documentation on the RO system that stoppped working, I'd be all set.
0 Replies

PDHO

Sat 12 May, 2012 05:27 am
My system was purchased in 2001 and have had little to no problems until recently. My water is no longer soft and I am not using salt. My problem is I am not sure of the sequence of the system. It appears at no time is there water in the Brine tank ( which I feel happens during #1 stage). During one sequence it is trying to suck the water out of the brine tank as I have removed the line and have had a positive suction ( I have pulled the entire "float system" and air passes through it so it is not clogged). I have disassembled most of the unit head and have clean up the gaskets and have not seen anything "broken". Can anyone school me on what to look for and how to proceed before I dump $$$ in a service call? Please no Rainsoft bashing as this is not helpful. It appears to me that the entire regeneration process is fine with the exception of the "fill" process into the brine tank any positive input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pete
billito51

Sun 27 May, 2012 06:17 am
@PDHO,
It might be the drain hose going to the ground. Mine got plugged and burnt out the timer. I replaced the timer and pulled the hose out of the ground and let it run free and now it works. Good luck
0 Replies

broj10903

Fri 17 Aug, 2012 12:01 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O Man, I have a digital Rainsoft EC4 type. The auto generation function is not working. I tested the water prior to a manual generation which worked fine, 250ppm to 22 ppm (14 grains to about 1.5) However, is there is way to test to see if the water counter is working or is there something I can clean to get the auto function working again. I will have to find the manual but I think I can find something on line. I am in Florida and water is pretty hard. Thanks for any help. [email protected]
0 Replies

Sminget

Fri 17 Aug, 2012 02:52 am
@Pugama,
i f I were you, you should know who and when to trust.
0 Replies

el MAGO

Thu 14 Mar, 2013 12:33 pm
@bigmamma,
yes, if you are looking for just a drinking water filter, AquaLiv is excellent, it is a higher ph water which mean's it's healthy, Rainsoft is very expensive, and the salt will corrode pipes, so you've got to be careful, since it is a pricey investment, you really should take LOTS OF TIME to investigate both rainsoft and other options
0 Replies

docspride

Wed 10 Apr, 2013 09:38 am
Ah.. We paid 7K for a system years ago after 2 years 10 techs. we unistalled the pos and threw it away. yep 7K down the literal drain. i Will say if they chained a tech to the unit and let him continue to tweak and replace parts it probably would work for a few hours at a time. If your reading this and still buy a rainsoft system.......well then i will feel a lil less stupid. misery loves company thay say. Lee
0 Replies

jenlynk

Sun 15 Sep, 2013 12:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hi I have a rainsoft am 24 ct it was in my house when I moved in. How do I tell if it is working or not? It makes noise...
0 Replies

Notsoft

Thu 10 Oct, 2013 05:47 pm
@H2OGuy,
I have an am744 system(mfg 2000) . It has sheared the pin 2 times. Now the repair tech says I need a new valve. When he took it apart , he used a screwdriver to pry the piston up. As a result he broke the small fitting for the short small hose by prying on the piston. Also scraped the shaft of the piston.
RS wants 200 plus for a new valve housing. Do you have any parts for these older systems? Robert Boyd Please Help.
0 Replies

ochomefunding

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:42 am
@Pugama,
I doubt whether it would be wise to purchase the parts separately. I have gone to rain soft directly although.
0 Replies

LJD7988

Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:47 pm
@H2O MAN,
My husband has been reading everything you have recommended on here and is close to repairing our rainsoft unit, the only thing he wants now is to know how to put it in service mode so he doesn't have to wait through all the cycles. We have an older Q2. Our email is [email protected]. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
0 Replies

Kboroc7108

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 09:19 am
If I can't help you I don't think anyone can. Been a RainSoft Dealer for 40 years and 4 generations with an A+ BBB rating. Email me at [email protected]. Be more than happy to help.

Kenny