Long term affair that resulted in a child

Boricua

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 08:34 am
I was separated for almost a year when I met this man and we became friends. Truly only friends no sexual contact whatsoever. After almost a year, he and I became intimate a few times not knowing he was married. This resulted in a pregnancy. When I told him of the pregnancy he basically told me to have an abortion b/c he was married and was having infertility issues with his wife and did not want to bring this to her. They had been trying to have a child for almost 9 years and could not. I confessed what I done to my husband who chose to stand by me and convinced me not have an abortion (wouldn't anyway) as it was not the childs fault. I have a beautiful little boy that shares my husbands last name. The man and I did not have any contact with each other for several years when he contacted me to tell me how sorry he was for how he treated me and the lies he told and could I please forgive him. We exchanged a few photos when he realized the resemblance in my son to him. So he confronted me and we have lived with this secret for years. When my son was 3 the guy told his sister of the affair and the child he had with me. She has met my son a few times but said she would never say anything. Over the years me and the guy talked on and off until a few weeks ago. He contacts me and says he wants to know his son and feels a lot of guilt and that he is a blessing from GOD but he does not want to destroy his family or mine. This has kept me on an emotional rollercoaster. He has a child with his wife that is 2 1/2 months younger than my son. I have a second child with my husband. Long story short the lies, deceit keep growing. Now his entire family knows and cannot believe what he has done and want to be in my son's life. The man would not tell his wife the truth so I did a few weeks ago. He told her it was a one night stand and that he found out about the child a few weeks ago. He did not know he was his and does not even have his last name. Which is true b/c my husband did right by the child. I do not want this man anywhere near me, my child nor does my husband. I do want the wife to know the truth though that he abandoned his child and now since he has been exposed he wants to play the hero and get a DNA test and do the right thing and be in my son's life which will destroy everyone. He has told the wife I am a stalker and not to contact me and so far she hasn't. I have so many emails, photos, phone conversations etc. proving he is a liar but can't get her to contact me to tell her the truth.

Now my question. Should I care if she knows the truth? Should I let this man be in his life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,660 • Replies: 6
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 08:37 am
@Boricua,
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Boricua

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 08:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
No to both or letting him in his life?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 08:51 am
@Boricua,
No to all of it. Keep that liar away from your son. Your husband signed the birth certificate and accepts the child as his. The other man lied to his wife, he lied to you and he will lie to the child. Save yourself a lot of agony, if he feels guilty that's his problem, tell him to seek professional help and stay away from you. And definitely keep him away from your child.
Boricua

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:31 am
@glitterbag,
I agree 100%
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 12:32 am
@Boricua,
Boricua wrote:
I agree 100%

Some thoughts:

This guy may not have a legal case, but that won't stop him from making a court challenge that you will then need to defend against. I would advise talking to a lawyer now, so you will be prepared ahead of time if he decides to challenge you in court.

You probably won't be able to prevent him from eventually getting word to your son that he is the biological father. It might be best if your son hears it from you first, when the time is right.

Regarding your question "Should I care if she knows the truth?" I would say you should care a little bit, but not to the extent that you try to contact her when she likely won't be receptive. I would wait and keep your evidence ready, but let her be the one to contact you.

If she never contacts you, I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like you are in charge of warning every person that this guy is ever going to lie to.
Boricua

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 08:39 am
@oralloy,
Thank you for your comment. I have contacted an attorney and counselors to prepare everyone. I think a lot is going to depend on if his wife believes his lies and divorces him or not. If she does, more than likely he will petition the court. In order to do that, he has to have a valid reason before the judge to get a court ordered DNA test. His lies will be exposed, and he will have to disclose abandonment. If he stays with her and still petitions the court his lies will be exposed and she is going to leave anyway. The tragedy in all of this is my child. He is the most beautiful little boy and I made a mistake but I was not going to abort him as a cover up and make an even been a bigger mistake. I hope this man burns in hell
0 Replies