I'm searching for a stop-smoking site.

Tony19

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 02:39 am
I'm trying to stop smoking now so I am doing a research on how bad smoking really is and how I can stop doing it. I think that if I find something really bad about it, it will help me stop it. Do you know any sites to help me with my research?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,675 • Replies: 8

Peter Frouman

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 02:41 am
@Tony19,
See http://smokefree.gov/
0 Replies

darkmelancholia

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:03 pm
@Tony19,
There are a lot of health and religious sites that discuss about the bad effects of smoking, however the willingness to quit smoking for life comes from the person's decision to change for the better. Once it becomes a habit it would be harder to resist. Many people read health sites, books and magazines about prevention then later would have the inability to control their desire for vices. It would be very difficult to quit smoking in a day, its a lifetime commitment, a gradual change. Smoking can lead to several diseases and is the leading cause of lung cancer that kills more than 1000s of people a day. There are clinics that counsel and guide their patients who had difficulties in quitting smoking.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/quit_smoking/index.htm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:28 pm
I was just rereading some Craven links, looking for something else but ran into classic thread - so good..

no link, sorry.
0 Replies

aalanasmith

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 12:23 am
@Tony19,
Smoking is a silent killer. It is responsible for various types of cancers. I really appreciate your decision of quitting smoking. E cigarettes are quite effective in quitting smoking. You can use that.
Harty

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 02:24 am
@aalanasmith,
don't forget chantix
roger

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 02:42 am
@Harty,
Read the side effects before you even think about it. If you actually fill a prescription, make absolutely certain you read the insert. Unlike many drugs, those side effects will be contained in a black box. That's called a black box warning for a reason.
0 Replies

LeilaniWilson

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 11:51 pm
@Tony19,
Internet is not just your best source if you want to find the negative effects of cigarette smoking to your health. There are television and newspaper. You can hear and read news about it stating how it can affect you health and life in general. Or you might know some people around you who's been addicted to cigarette smoking and regretting it today because it's now giving them health problems. You can talk to them regarding it and get good advice.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2015 11:10 pm
I suggest you look up the side effects of Chantix before recommending it so broadly.
0 Replies