Severed thumb tendon

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 09:45 pm
I recently cut the top of my thumb partically severing a tendon. And when I went to the clinic for care...the attending physician tested my injury by holding my thumb nail down with his thumbs and told me to try to straighten my thumb the best I could... I did and applied assertion.... Then he asked me to do it again but as hard as I could and when I did I heard a loud nuckle cracking sound and felt extreme pain down the length of my wrist...he said he had to do this test to make sure my tendon was not severed!
Is this a normal procedure?
Or did he create more damage for the surgeon to repair one week later?
I currently have a pin in my thumb patiently waiting removal next week.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,143 • Replies: 1
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 09:56 pm
I severed my thumb tendon. If your tendon was not done correctly and quickly repaired it might not be possible to accomplish a repair at a later date. If your thumb works what he did was indicated by his training. If it doesn't, he still may have been operating in the perimeters of good medical practice.

At least give it until our pin is removed before surveying for a medical malpractice attorney. You had a serious injury, really.
0 Replies